Royal Gossip
December 17, 2017, 11:53:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged  (Read 20380 times)
Ariel, Val, dianab and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #360 on: December 05, 2017, 03:31:50 am »

^Yes, indeed.

^^As obnoxiously cliche as this is, it truly applies.  Where Harry is concerned, Love is Blind.  Plus, he's stubborn and not fully matured, really.  No mature person would be this bull headed and goofy.  He'd be much more composed and not so desperate-looking in his high school love hinjinx.  He'd also listen to her baloney and call it out but maybe it's a big act?  I don't know.  I just know he's determined to do this thing and the chips will fall where they will.

My job is to get as many laughs out of it at her expense as I can, while I can.  Here's hoping they've locked up the money and at least think that Harry's paying for this misadventure on his own.  

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #361 on: December 05, 2017, 03:34:36 am »

Royal Central has chimed in reporting that Meghan will spend Xmas and Boxing Day at Sandringham with the Queen and then Harry and Meghan will go to Doria in California for New Years Day.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/princeharry/meghan-markle-to-spend-christmas-with-the-queen-at-sandringham-92720
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #362 on: December 05, 2017, 03:38:20 am »

New Year's in the U.S.  - oh, very swift, Harry. The American press on New Year's, the heavy security costs... oh, just leave us alone and let us love each other in peace!!!!!  easter-sly  Shocked  bored3
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #363 on: December 05, 2017, 03:47:55 am »

^Oh, no!  Seriously, this will make it a nightmare for everyone in her area.  Leave us alone is absolutely correct.  Fly mummy over instead, please!  We don't want any part of this.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Cali San D
gossip insider

« Reply #364 on: December 05, 2017, 03:57:05 am »

Royal Central has chimed in reporting that Meghan will spend Xmas and Boxing Day at Sandringham with the Queen and then Harry and Meghan will go to Doria in California for New Years Day.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/princeharry/meghan-markle-to-spend-christmas-with-the-queen-at-sandringham-92720

I'm in shock that Meghan will spend Christmas with the royals as a fiancee, given that Kate wasn't.  Shocked I wonder how Kate feels  Embarrassed
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #365 on: December 05, 2017, 04:19:54 am »

The talk of Harry being blackmailed by her is making the rounds again. Anyone who blackmails the royal family won't come out of it without their lives ruined. Why would this dummy try and do that. One thing's for sure, it'll look like Harry's rebelling but "the grey men"/spooks are in charge, imo. Now again this talk about having her around Christmas time and Harry going off to America for New Years. The Midds tried for years to go to Sandringham for Christmas and Waity never went before she was married in if I'm not mistaken. Each day goes by, more stuff comes out that shatters her image.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #366 on: December 05, 2017, 04:20:51 am »

We don't know whether any of this reporting is true yet. KP will make a statement. William wasn't at Sandringham for Xmas 2010 either. He was in Wales with RAF Air Sea Rescue. Kate spent that Christmas with her family in Berkshire.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #367 on: December 05, 2017, 05:00:01 am »

I'm in shock that Meghan will spend Christmas with the royals as a fiancee, given that Kate wasn't.  Shocked I wonder how Kate feels  Embarrassed

Badly, we hope. Even if it's just gossip and rumour, hope it hit it's mark.  laugh  Kate-Horror-Queen tease

I am sure Council Caro is foaming at the mouth as we speak. easter-lol  screaming
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #368 on: December 05, 2017, 06:47:27 am »

There will be a warm welcome for Meghan from the Midds for Christmas  easter-akasha
I wouldn't be surprised if Kate arranged for Meghan's clothes to be thrown away ... so that she doesn't settle in too quickly. Plus, now is a good time to not get a ride from Kate to Harrods ... again.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #369 on: December 05, 2017, 12:39:19 pm »

Meghan's childhood friend accuses newly-engaged of being ‘MANUFACTURED version of herself’
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/888162/Meghan-Markle-royal-family-engagement-Ninaki-Priddy-Los-Angeles-Shakira-Chicago-USA
She's fake, period.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #370 on: December 05, 2017, 01:55:43 pm »

Wow, did Meghan have catty friends! But isn't she doing what Kate did with the posh accent and all that?
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #371 on: December 05, 2017, 03:44:53 pm »

Hollywood will be giving some parties for them here along with the friends they both have here. I have seen photos of Harry in the parking lots of Venice hanging out with blondes and guys before he took off. That was after Vegas scandal. So he knows people here because they all seem like they were very friendly with each other. So they will be welcomed. I wonder if they will stay with Mom in more humble style or rent a suite. Don't know what area she lives in, but LAPD are strapped with real crime and we don't need taxpyers to foot their security bill. I might write in a complaint to the Mayor. They can bring their own help.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #372 on: December 05, 2017, 04:28:44 pm »

Humble Harry stays at a $1000 a night tent when he is going low-key. The only low-key thing they can do is Vegas wedding with an Elton John impersonator as officiant easter-lol I'm sure that Meghan has already thought about this. Get Harry to stand up against his evil family in a Vegas gunshot wedding and no prenup so that in the end we can all enjoy the divorce proceedings .. and  US immigration jotting down all the inconsistencies in their love story.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #373 on: December 05, 2017, 04:53:07 pm »

The Crown’s Matt Smith Says He Feels “Sorry” for Meghan Markle
The actor, who plays Prince Philip on the Netflix drama, has some insight into the complex royal life.

Matt Smith has now been in Prince Philip’s shoes for two seasons of Netflix’s The Crown and knows what it’s like to be a royal spouse—or at least act the part. On Monday night, during a talk moderated by Vanity Fair’s Mike Hogan at 92nd Street Y in New York City with co-star Claire Foy, Smith did not mince words about his feelings on the fate of Prince Harry’s royal-to-be fiancée, Meghan Markle.

“I feel sorry for her,” he said. “It’s such a transition in her life, and it’s such a huge thing to take on. Life as she knows it is gone. But hey, she’s marrying the prince of Britain—how exciting for her.”

Though he plays a fictional royal, Smith understands a thing or two about the complex life of Prince Philip, who reluctantly lived in the Queen’s shadow for the better part of his early marriage. Philip, a naval officer in the mid-20th century, had to make several sacrifices that many other husbands at the time did not. As V.F. has noted, Philip was unable to give his children his surname—a request the Queen rejected.

“I am the only man in the country not allowed to give his name to his children,” Philip said on the subject, per a biography by Sally Bedell Smith. “I’m nothing but a bloody amoeba.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/12/the-crowns-matt-smith-says-he-feels-sorry-for-meghan-markle

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
LadyLaura
Baroness

« Reply #374 on: December 05, 2017, 05:06:08 pm »

There will be a warm welcome for Meghan from the Midds for Christmas  easter-akasha
I wouldn't be surprised if Kate arranged for Meghan's clothes to be thrown away ... so that she doesn't settle in too quickly. Plus, now is a good time to not get a ride from Kate to Harrods ... again.

read about that on tumbler, meghans clothes being thrown away, is there truth to it?
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #375 on: December 05, 2017, 07:18:46 pm »

I read from a poster somewhere or on Quora, I think , that MM is invited to the Queen's for Christmas as she doesn't have family in England. Not sure that her Mom and whatever family they have really celebrate a traditional family Christmas. She was with a Jewish man for years and in Canada for seven, so there may not be anything that special in Los Angeles for her or in Canada for that matter.  Peter's wife had a Canadian Catholic family who probably  have a traditional family celebration, so I think for engaged ones with families, they spend the last single one with the family. Then they are obligated to the RF, except William doesn't always show now with the Midds expecting him. But IMO that makes sense for her case. And on this note,  it is her lack of solid family traditions that makes her questionable as a RF wife choice. Time will tell. She is no spring chicken to adapt easily. But her desire for this may override anything else in her nature. Let's face it, many women would totally change for this chance.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #376 on: December 05, 2017, 07:43:34 pm »

I agree with your last sentence, but how many would go to such extremes at Megs age? I can understand if she was in her twenties, but at the down hill run to 40? I was so wishing this was all amedia stunt of hers to get attention and that was all.  thumbsdown
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #377 on: December 05, 2017, 08:14:23 pm »

It's not downhill to 40 - sometimes it's women coming into their own.  That stated, Megs is still an opportunist way out of her league.
Chuck is going to be calling the shots soon so look out Markle. She has zero idea of what the Firm is all about and what's going on in the world.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #378 on: December 05, 2017, 10:20:12 pm »

I for one would like to be there to watch when Charles attempts to preach to other people considering...
lesken
royal watcher

« Reply #379 on: December 05, 2017, 10:54:42 pm »

Not downhill at all to 40. I loved the 40s. But, I was not likely to change my style easily nor my Southern California attitudes, which trust me, are quite different than the more "polite English." ( I just went to my cousin's wedding there and we are definitely different in attitudes. It was fun discussing things especially with my older cousins, but we are different.) It is easier to adjust when in our 20s. That being said, MM is very motivated to make this work, and I bet love for Harry is just one reason. Even if things get tough, my gut is she will figure it out. She looks way to GLEEFUL at her conquest. She won't be a Fergie regretting things to Ophrah. So, I think everyone is stuck with her in our face. Hopefully she will surprise us. And if not, this will just be another nail on the continuing Monarchy past HM.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: