Royal Gossip
June 18, 2018, 03:22:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged  (Read 45090 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1160 on: December 28, 2017, 11:32:25 pm »

^x8 CarryingOn:
"And I’ll say it again, I think it’s highly contrived and jumping the gun to call people you barely know and have spent little time around, in an intimate capacity, the family you never had regardless of their numbers being large and already knowing the Windsor’s are cut throat."

Yes!!! Equally so it is quite distasteful of H to dismiss M's family in the way he did, as he does not know them at all, save from M's mouth. And how reliable is she with her stories? We all know that every story has 3 sides: side A, side B, and the truth.

Also, boy, will she be in for a rude awakening once she really gets to know the Windsors (and the Middletons!)!!

^ Very true. If I were Doria I'd be livid. And as I said before, I can't imagine that Diana would be amused one bit about her son's idiotic remark.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1161 on: December 28, 2017, 11:32:30 pm »

I think a very obvious damage control attempt will be made. With very obvious emphasized.  And what is puzzling is that Harry of all people would know that no family is perfect. And how can these judgments be made after just one family gathering with the royals. A royal gathering (one time) is not the same as spending time with them on a day to day basis, warts and all.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1162 on: December 28, 2017, 11:33:58 pm »

Harry has never said anything disrespectful of Doria or Thomas in public. When he spoke about the 'family she (Meghan) never had' he was undoubtedly speaking about the fact that she had enjoyed Christmas in a big old country house with large numbers of relatives around in an extended family. The royals do enjoy their Christmases and Meghan, unused to British Xmases, probably found it great fun.

It's clear from the ancient photos produced by the Markles (for money presumably) that Meghan (who has not said one word about them publicly) hasn't seen most of them for years, (except for one niece who is Samantha's estranged daughter). They are a fractured family. Many of them attacked Samantha for what she said about them and about Meghan earlier this year.

Samantha has alternately praised, fawned on and attacked her half sister in a really bizarre fashion since this romance became known. She called her 'dear' and 'perfect' and ladylike and a great person and then a 'social climber' and 'determined to be a princess'. Which 'truth' are we expected to believe Samantha?

It's clear IMO that she wants fame and money (which her relatives have previously pointed out) and is determined to get it one way or another.

The Daily Fail online is anti-Meghan, and in its usual tabloid way has been making hay while the sun shines about her and her family. It's the Fail that has apparently offered up to $100,000 for stories and photos of Meghan since  November 2016.

Not one of that family has anything bad to say about Meghan except this half-sister who is supposedly flogging a book telling the 'truth'. Well, IMO, Samantha wouldn't know 'the truth' if it hit her in her face. She was banned from many correspondents' Twitter last year because of her rantings and now is at it again.

If Doria is disturbed by media attention it would be the disgusting Fail that is leading the attack. Harry hasn't attacked her in public and is not following her as she walks her dogs. Neither is her daughter. They and Doria know the truth about Samantha, and they know that Harry wasn't saying anything derogatory about Doria, just pointing to a different sort of Xmas with a whole heap of relatives around.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1163 on: December 28, 2017, 11:37:08 pm »

What he should have said, is that Meghan is experiencing her first royal Christmas, learning about the traditions of the UK and of the royals. It is a cultural shift from life in the USA. In that way, it would have been a neutral comment. And a natural comment, a bride to be learning about the customs and culture of her future in laws.

Samantha though jumped at this as an opportunity to go to the media again. I am now wondering if Samantha will be invited to the wedding.

If Harry had neutralized and spun the comment in a different way (different country's holiday customs) Samantha would not have been able to seize on this.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:39:37 pm by sandy » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1164 on: December 28, 2017, 11:41:27 pm »

Harry grew up in a goldfish bowl existence where the media pounced on everything. He is totally clueless in his handling of public statements. Does he have anybody guiding him, media wise. Meghan may have ranted to him about her family but it did not mean he had to make such statements. Maybe he thought he was "helping" or "being supportive" but dirty linen should never be aired. I think what will come out of this is damage control. Maybe inviting the family to a royal event/luncheon so it looks like "one big happy family" and her family is great, etc etc. He did have a photo of with Doria and said he spoke to her about marrying her daughter. I suspect there will be some damage control.  I still think the media are not going to get any statements from Doria no matter what.  Meghan's father almost is living "off the grid" and had to be found by the media.

Harry isn't a child and should know by now that he has to be careful; if he doesn't listen ot the courtiers, that is his fault, not the courtier's fault.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1165 on: December 28, 2017, 11:43:57 pm »

Not this time.  This doesn’t get white washed this time.  Anybody who thinks this is ok is dead wrong.  This was as low a blow as anyone could give publicly and I don’t care why.  

It shows a complete lack of maturity and empathy.  It doesn’t matter how anyone in MM’s family has behaved.  It’s nothing new to the Windsors who have kept their mouths shut for far worse.

But, elevating yourself against a family you hardly know personally, and in public, is despicable.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #1166 on: December 28, 2017, 11:49:09 pm »

Coincidentally as I am writing this, ABC News is reporting on this very topic!  Samantha is planning a tell all

And it is ludicrous that based on one visit, everything is known about the in-laws. It takes years to really know what makes them tick. Assumptions of their being "better" at this early stage do not makes sense.

KF, I am wondering if Harry really even bothers listening to courtiers or even dismisses them and does his own PR or tries to.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:52:29 pm by sandy » Logged
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1167 on: December 28, 2017, 11:55:23 pm »

Nope William and Harry think they know it all. Their mouth works faster then their brain William with his comment about the over population in Africa now Harry and this family she never had comment

Yeah it's the family she never had they're rich and from now on she will have people praising her for flipping her hair

Samantha flip flops a lot
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 12:00:45 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1168 on: December 29, 2017, 12:28:40 am »

I think the media will leave her alone as she is not attention seeking, but casual more typical local here. Media likes flash of some sort. So only when MM visits will she be hounded. And if PH and MM keep their mouths shut, there won't be reason for the media to hound her. Don't know if the half sister will cause flurry with her book. She claims it has nice things to say about MM and her growing up. So hopefully for the family or just her mom and dad, they won't be anymore newsworthy than any of the other in-laws except for the Midds who court attention and are trying to be royal themselves.

The only constant is change.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1169 on: December 29, 2017, 12:31:17 am »

Inside the Soho Townhouse restaurant where Harry and Meghan had their first date.

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/inside-the-restaurant-where-prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-had-their-first-date
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1170 on: December 29, 2017, 01:24:29 am »

I actually love the fact that Harry's being all nasty and mean since he's been engaged to her. He's only stating what she's telling him. I'm sure she did this to every guy she used to climb up to the next one. Harry/Mehgan=chaos, drama, lies and unbalance. IMO, Harry wants all of this negative drama to continue to tick the public, his family and the government off. Who'd honestly want these two to get married; no one.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:32:58 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #1171 on: December 29, 2017, 01:25:20 am »

Now KP has commented on "the famiyl she never had" after M's sister spoke out... This is turning into such a soap opera.

"[...] Ms Grant also said she would reveal more in the book she is planning to write, which she has said will be called the Diary of Princess Pushy's Sister.

A Kensington Palace spokesperson said Prince Harry's "comments speak for themselves". "

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-42501630

How ridiculous. I read a comment, and I think it's true: M cried into H's ear about how terrible she's had it all the time and he thinks he's her saviour, her prince on a white horse in shining armour to save her and give her everything (she's supposedly never had).
Also she's had her in-laws and then Corey's families along with her own. From her childhood and teenage pics we see that she was surrounded by family and people.

As per the KP statement, it's once again all how they see and say it, there's just never room for corrections or adjustment.

How RUDE!!!  thumbsdown thumbsdown thumbsdown
they shouldnt have commented at all....this distraction is getting out of hand
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:27:53 am by LadyLaura » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1172 on: December 29, 2017, 01:41:26 am »

A royal howler from Harry over Meghan's family: JAN MOIR says Prince has broken rule number one for any new husband
For him to say this, Meghan, at some deep level, must have presented herself as a victim — or a casualty of family circumstances at the very least. Meanwhile, he clearly sees her as someone he has to rescue; a damsel in distress, a broken sparrow, a lost Cinderella he can wrap his arms around and ensconce behind the castle ramparts.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5219593/JAN-MOIR-says-Prince-Harry-broken-rule-number-one.html#ixzz52brpyyzt
It seems she's always playing the victim card. People are seeing it more and more and all of the ways she could play victim are being dismissed one by one.

Meghan Markle was 'lined up to play Daniel Craig Bond girl but blossoming Prince Harry romance ruled her out'  tehe
"She will maintain her agent and PR to field calls and offers" -
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/meghan-markle-lined-up-play-11765154
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 01:50:35 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #1173 on: December 29, 2017, 01:47:27 am »

I'm hung up on that KP statement.....they publicly insulted a family that they do not know. That is not ok  sauer If meghan is not outraged, if only for her mothers sake, then she's even more cruel and manipulative than I have given her credit for.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1174 on: December 29, 2017, 02:17:42 am »

The only reason why KP put that cause Harry got mad

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1175 on: December 29, 2017, 02:24:56 am »

^If so, Harry needs another trip to the wood shed not placating.  This whole ugly mess has crossed the Rubicon for me.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
marion
Duchess

« Reply #1176 on: December 29, 2017, 02:43:37 am »

Just wait til Sparkles finds out what her wonderful new family are really like. I imagine there's plenty of them that are appaled at Harry's choice but as it was Xmas etc it was the time to play happy families  Andrew is known to be a terrible snob and Anne can be really cutting as we all know and I can imaginee me if there's much more drama surrounding Sparkles she will see their true colours  

I can't wait to see Beatrice and Eugenie's outfits at the wedding..it was felt by some their ridiculous hats at waity's nuptials was their way of expressing what they really thought.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:47:20 am by marion » Logged
lesken
Baroness

Live, Love, Laugh

« Reply #1177 on: December 29, 2017, 03:05:56 am »

@Windsor2 if she is keeping her PR person and her agent to field offers I knew she was not giving up the idea she could act again or at least do endorsements or talk shows or host shows or whatever.

The only constant is change.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1178 on: December 29, 2017, 04:00:02 am »

Meghan is a private citizen until the day she marries, as Sophie and Sarah were. As such she's entitled to play roles on TV or film and accept speaking engagements that don't involve speaking about the BRF and/or Harry.
danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #1179 on: December 29, 2017, 04:37:30 am »

Nope William and Harry think they know it all. Their mouth works faster then their brain William with his comment about the over population in Africa now Harry and this family she never had comment

Yeah it's the family she never had they're rich and from now on she will have people praising her for flipping her hair
Samantha flip flops a lot
The only reason why KP put that cause Harry got mad

Fly  flower  Hi  loveshower totally agree with you!
I think  .....  the oldest(most experienced) person on the 'team KP' should be Jason  Shocked
After EdwardFox,  I think  ...  there will be no military on team KP.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: