Royal Gossip
January 16, 2018, 11:30:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'It's more tiring as you get older': Worn out Camilla, 70  (Read 877 times)
dianab
Countess

« on: November 02, 2017, 04:17:56 pm »

'It's more tiring as you get older': Worn out Camilla, 70, jokes that she needs to slow down as her hectic 11-day tour of Asia with Prince Charles takes its toll
Camilla, 70, arrived in Brunei with Charles to spend just a few hours
Camilla admitted to Sultan's wife The Raja Isteri she's feeling tired
Couple are carrying out almost 50 engagements over 11 days
Had tea with Sultan of Brunei, one of the richest men in the world, and his family

She's in the midst of a hectic 11-day tour of south-east Asia and India involving almost 50 engagements, so it's no wonder the Duchess of Cornwall is longing for a chance to put her feet up.
During a meeting with The Raja Isteri, wife of the Sultan of Brunei the Duchess, 70, admitted the pace is taking its toll.
The royal couple, on an official tour of Asia on behalf of the Queen, flew into Brunei for a whirlwind meeting with the country's monarch, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah - worth an estimated $20 billion - and tea with his family.
Charles and Camilla are spending just a few hours in the kingdom of one of the wealthiest men in the world between visiting Singapore and Malaysia.
As The Raja Isteri sympathised about the gruelling schedule, asking if she found it tiring, the Duchess, who is 70, replied cheerfully: 'Very tiring. Every day, we're non stop. It's more tiring as you get older.'
She joked: 'I keep trying to tell everybody that I'm not as young as I used to be, and have to slow down.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5042075/Camilla-jokes-slowing-Asia-tour-Charles.html#ixzz4xI9HGTKw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/02/08/45EEB6D100000578-0-image-a-31_1509612685842.jpg

interesting they arrived separately on this tour
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:20:19 pm by dianab » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:56:39 pm »

I think Camz always spends more time before the trip so she can get used to the heat maybe it was that.

Anyway Camz is not prepared to be queen due to age or motivation.

And Cams are not prepared because they avoid work.

Perfect.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 06:40:43 pm »

It’s pretty stupid to say something like that with HM still alive and busier than she is, let alone how active HM was at 70!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
sandy
Princess

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 10:55:13 pm »

Camilla is not doing herself any favors mugging and making faces (like the one where she stretches out her mouth).  I don't think she'll get much sympathy.

Even if she did not like the heat, it is no excuse to visibly pout that way. Very rude to the hosts of the trip and the people who show up to see her and Charles.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 03:24:32 am »

It’s pretty stupid to say something like that with HM still alive and busier than she is, let alone how active HM was at 70!

Exactly! That's one of the (few) things I do admire about Liz, she has never stopped doing what she was groomed from childhood to do. No slacking or whining.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 01:42:20 pm »

Why does Camilla feel she has to pull those awful faces. And whinge.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 10:04:59 pm »

^  Cause she is a lazy, lazy woman.   Gotta work for those jewels, woman!!!    sauer
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 02:33:48 am »

Why does Camilla feel she has to pull those awful faces. And whinge.

Waity does it, so why not? Other than the fact Cammie is a freaking scary looking broad
!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 11:00:05 am »

Camilla rolls her eyes and tries to look "Cute." I thinks she believes her own publicity and what Junor says about her.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 08:26:43 pm »

I've been told that even her friends call her the laziest woman in England. No idea if it's true or just an urban myth though.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 08:50:57 pm »

^Cute is never a word you could apply to Camila nervous
dianab
Countess

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 09:57:16 pm »

I've been told that even her friends call her the laziest woman in England. No idea if it's true or just an urban myth though.
Bolland, her PR friend said that
Little light
Countess

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2017, 11:18:02 pm »

Youd call that damned by faint praise. And by her own PR spokesperson to boot. SMH.

I suppose she thinks that saying that is somehow cute. If she were not relying on taxpayers money, then it would bother me not. But she is relying on our money.

They're really skating on thin ice, the whole lot of them. And don't even see, or wish to see, the danger signs up.
india
Princess

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 01:02:54 pm »

People are exhausted with the RF. They are fed up with all of their foolishness and waste. The danger signs are way up and they continue on. Let It Happen.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 08:33:15 pm »

^We need an emoticon for Bring it on!!
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 11:32:43 pm »

I think Camz always spends more time before the trip so she can get used to the heat maybe it was that.

Anyway Camz is not prepared to be queen due to age or motivation.

And Cams are not prepared because they avoid work.

Perfect.

Well, I have heard after 70 you body really starts to change and one does have to pace themselves.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 12:51:06 am »

Some seniors are still working full time at age 70. Camilla does not work a 7 day full time job. She gets lots of time off and has servants and the best medical care and even got to keep her own place. Bolland said she was lazy and this when she was still in her fifties! She does not do nearly as many duties as other senior royals do. I don't feel sorry for her. She wanted this lifestyle very much and should put in hours on tours and going on appearances and so on.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 08:11:18 pm »

I so agree, Sandy. Most normal people work way past 70 especially if they want to be able to buy food and meds and keep a roof over their hands. Cams has nothing to complain about.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 04:48:26 am »

It's not a matter of just willing yourself to work after 70, that's not the point. The point is the body starts to age more rapidly after 70. Ask any 70 plus person and they will tell you the same, no matter what they chose to do.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 04:54:23 am »

Some people are very active at 70: running, bicycling, etc. Camilla would have to work up to it. It is difficult, but not impossible (unless there are certain kinds of medical issues). It's best to start working/exercising at a young age and maintain those habits.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: