Royal Gossip
September 22, 2018, 01:01:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paddington 2 Cast & Crew Meeting 16 Oct 2017  (Read 1660 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« on: October 16, 2017, 12:58:01 pm »

Kate's new Paddington HAIR! Pregnant Duchess displays a fresh style and a hint of a baby bump in an Orla Kiely dress as she meets cast of new film at charity event in London

The 35-year-old, who is expecting her third child with Prince William, has had a few inches off her hair
    Displayed a hint of a baby bump in a peach floral Orla Kiely dress as she arrived at Paddington Station
    Was left in fits of laughter after being charmed by a life-size Paddington bear on Monday morning
    Kate is suffering from a severe form of morning sickness but was well enough to attend today
    A Kensington Palace spokeswoman said that the Duchess is 'better, but she’s still suffering'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4984720/Duchess-Cambridge-displays-hint-baby-bump.html

W&K&H, joint engagement.

Kate's hair length magically changes from engagement to engagement...
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 01:35:32 pm »

The Princess and the Bear. Kate, and William, meet the star of Paddington II at his namesake station https://t.co/alzG27W4jI

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 01:56:07 pm »

Kate looks nice today

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 04:14:19 pm »

Yes, I agree. The colour seems to suit Kate, and although I loathe lace, too itchy! this dress has a nice quiet pattern. Is it a pale coral shade? Don't even mind the black ties. She must be be feeling better, I think. Her face is fuller and she seemed in high spirits. She needs a lighter shade of hair dye though.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:16 pm »

The dress is old, was buried in her closet for ages; Orla Kiely's AW 2013 collection
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQ7CNrWkAA_FwZ.jpg
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 05:28:19 pm »

This is the most polished I’ve seen her ever.  There’s still some work to do but the thicker, more current heels are a plus, the dress is appropriate and proper length, her hair isn’t a mess and the cut is much more attractive, so all good stuff.

However, the cut of the top of the dress is off especially for any expected dance moves.  I do not care for the scooped back and the shoulders look ill-fitted.  A knit would’ve been a better fabric choice and the lace looks dated.  As for deportment, she always looks slightly manic and it’s exhausting to look at especially when she’s the only one so it comes off as trying too hard.  

But, kudos to the new stylist.  Kate would never have taken these steps toward proper, structured dressing on her own.

Personally, I don’t buy the HG routine at all.  She’s spent a lot of time getting this look together leaving little time for the seriousness of the disorder.  Nope.  I could believe morning sickness with added drama for sympathy, tho.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
One of the Peasants
Countess

Neighhhhhh, this recipce needs oatssssss

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 02:06:28 am »

Y'all must be seeing something I am not, I still see lipstick on a pig.  If you look at the evolution of Princess Waity all you see is a WAG becomes a Royal WAG becomes a Yummy Mummy becomes the dullest royal wife, whose every effort to channel Jackie Kennedy only emphasizes her lack of substance, compassion, interests and class.  Cutting her hair was good, since that hair flipping, hair playing is something a teenager does.  I get the impression the palace got rid of her Mary Poppins stylist, that let her run amok and replaced her with a Beulah Ballbreaker that said "enough" with the long hair, short/uneven hems and overall inappropriateness at almost every occasion.  She will never be able to gain the class needed for her position, She Will Always Be A Hot Mess
Val
Princess

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 07:59:22 am »

^

Couldn't agree more OOTP - spot on.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 12:17:22 pm »

The dress is nice, but it also reminds me of this, so I'm not 100% sure about it
http://picture-cdn.wheretoget.it/6mgxu0-l-610x610-pajamas-bathrobe-nanny-dress-pretty-beautiful.jpg

This shows her clothes hoarding tendencies. I wonder what her wardrobe really looks like. She always gets new stuff for the handful of appearances ("engagements") every year, rarely truly re-wears and also digs out never before seen things that are years old, like this dress. I really believe she doesn't know anymore what she has and going into her wardrobe is like going shopping: discovering new things at every turn. Also her jewellery box, I'm sure she has stuff stashed away that's unseen and somewhat more substantial, like the mismatched ruby & diamond set she wore in Poland.

I find the pics published were most unfortunate. They didn't choose the better pics to publish of her in articles..
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 12:54:54 pm »

^, ^^, ^^^ I do agree with you guys on all you said and should've couched my comment by indicating that any positives are good but the bar is exceedingly low.  She's not even close to being in the confident dressing stage nor possesses a true sense of style.

But, whichever master drill sergeant took scissors to that mountain of hair deserves credit.  Length of dress as well.  The comment about her clothes hoarding is spot on, too.  There's no method or easy flow in her closet.  She's got a long way to go to attain disciplined style.

And even if she ever did get to a maturation point with her appearance, her goofy mannerisms blow that out of the water.  There's a way to be playful and engaged without twerking and jerking through it.

eating cookies

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
snowflake
royal watcher

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 04:36:32 pm »

I thought she looked closer to her age and fairly healthy sometimes she looks so worn and tired.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 07:56:15 pm »

^^ That's the problem with her, expectations are indeed exceedingly (more like shockingly) low, that it's a major win when she doesn't flash.

She manages to pull it together about twice a year. Behaviour, dress and hair turn out well. All other times you can forget it.

The dress wasn't really bad, it just reminded me very much of Fran's dressing gowns in The Nanny...

I think she dressed best in about the first year and now manages at times to wear sth I like. I know many commented that she dresses "too old" or "too girly", but much of the stuff can be elegant and nice, she just can't wear it. And her hemlines are usually to high, even when it's a nice outfit.

Her hair is at a nice length (if only for change's sake), but she just styles it awfully imo. The middle part has got to go, for starters..

^ No wonder she looks better now, she's eaten a sandwich for a change and gained about 10 grams of weight. She's usually too emaciated, one major problem why she looks freakishly haggard and old.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: