Royal Gossip
November 22, 2017, 11:34:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remembrance Sunday 2017  (Read 1487 times)
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2017, 02:27:54 am »

Andy and wasty sat next to each other  - he detests her and her family, the picture speaks volumes

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/11/11/23/463EA0B100000578-5073203-image-a-35_1510444636967.jpg

Indeed it does. Too bad B&E weren't there so Waity would have to curtsy to them.  Cool
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2017, 04:31:22 am »

She doesn't curtsey to Beatrice and Eugenie - ever. If, in private, she is somewhere with just them or just a number of royal women they take precedence and so, for instance would enter a room first, but curtseying isn't part of the precedence. As this was a public event public precedence would apply and Kate, as the wife of the 2nd in line would take her precedence as William's wife - hence she is on the Philip's right hand side while the Queen is on his left and further along is Charles and Camilla. Her place is very definitely there as William's wife.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2017, 06:15:49 am »

The Daily Fail made a to-do about Harry's beard and it turned out he has done nothing wrong.

The Ministry of Defence made a statement which Emily Andrews retweeted.

https://mobile.twitter.com/callummay/status/929762523938729985
sandy
Princess

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2017, 03:08:38 pm »

That's good but I still don't like the looks of the beard.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2017, 03:51:09 pm »

What in tarnation is up with Sophie?   Every woman there is wearing solid black.   Every Royal Woman always wears solid black.  Sophie has always worn solid black.   But yesterday she sashays out onto the balcony in a blue and black plaid dress???      dontknow   dontknow   dontknow

And her red poppy is so small as to be invisible.

Is this an attempt to get some headlines and attention on herself?    She is a ridiculous woman.    bignono

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aucC7LNn_PY/WghB6Rb5gpI/AAAAAAAAaa8/sc2FXMWTigsS-0NCjPExbG0pxbugI29jgCLcBGAs/s640/BR0I1401.jpg
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2017, 07:50:56 pm »

I think she just decided to switch it up and didn't think it was a big deal. I doubt she was trying to garner attention.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2017, 10:21:28 pm »

It is a very dark blue and not garish at all.   Those ridiculous buttons on council cath´s coat take over, not quite the thing for Rememberance Sunday  -  but then she always gets it wrong wherever she goes.  At least Sophie´s´s coat is  very tame in comparison  -  more class and elegance in her little finger than council cath, who has none whatsoever.  Give me Sophie´s coat any day above the one council cath is wearing, no doubt trying to flash her very trim waist line.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2017, 10:41:42 pm »

The point is, the dress for this occasion is solid black.   A blue and black dress is out of line.  Whatever possessed Sophie, the biggest hiney kisser of them all, the go outside the box in this manner?    Very odd.   And it doesn't like good.   This is an occasion of mourning and solemnity.   Solid black.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2017, 11:52:30 pm »

This is a general question.

When did the colour of mourning change from white, which the Queen Mum wore, to black please? And why?

And whatever possessed Sophie to change to blue/black? I think she wants to stand out so changed to blue/black. I think she's desperate for the media coverage, IMHO.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2017, 02:52:58 am »

^ Do you mean in general, in England, for the royals or who? Of course, before the 19th century most mourners would wear whatever sober colours were in their wardrobes. However it was always slightly different for the funerals of young females. If a female child or unmarried girl died young then the funeral would often be white, white flowers, white clothing sometimes on the female mourners, with four to eight young girls dressed in white as pall bearers and sometimes a pair of white gloves would be placed on the coffin as a symbol of purity.

However, Victoria's reign lasted a very long time and as the years progressed mourning clothing became blacker and blacker even for child mourners. However, Victoria went back to the custom of her youth and requested a white funeral for herself, minus white-clad female pall bearers of course, and this was carried out.

The Queen Mother wore black mourning clothes in England when both her parents died. However she and King George VI were due to go on a State Visit to France when her mother passed shortly before. The Visit couldn't be put off and she couldn't wear black, especially as Paris was the fashion capital and this trip required something spectacular. So her designer went back to the old custom and made a completely white wardrobe for the Queen, which was greatly admired.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:54:57 am by Rosella » Logged
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2017, 05:51:50 pm »

She doesn't curtsey to Beatrice and Eugenie - ever. If, in private, she is somewhere with just them or just a number of royal women they take precedence and so, for instance would enter a room first, but curtseying isn't part of the precedence. As this was a public event public precedence would apply and Kate, as the wife of the 2nd in line would take her precedence as William's wife - hence she is on the Philip's right hand side while the Queen is on his left and further along is Charles and Camilla. Her place is very definitely there as William's wife.

OH! I thought she had to curtsy to them if Willy wasn't around. Oops.  tehe
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2017, 08:58:37 pm »

^That was my understanding too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2163963/Will-Duchess-Cambridge-curtsey-Princess-Beatrice-Eugenie.html
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2017, 10:24:40 pm »

^^^

Thank you Rosella.

I was referring to the Queen Mum who I noticed was in all white but the papers said she was in mourning.

I didn't know she was in mourning for her own mother, until I read your post, and thought that a general change had occurred in the BRF from black being the colour of mourning as in Queen Victoria to when it changed to white. Obviously it was when Queen Mum's mother died.

So I understand now. The confusion was all mine.

So thank you for clearing that up for me.

thankyou flower
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: