Royal Gossip
October 21, 2017, 01:25:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penny Junor Thread  (Read 3309 times)
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« on: February 07, 2011, 11:15:16 am »

I was recently watching "Princess Diana The Secret Tapes", and Penny Junor acts as though she's in love with Charles, and to a certain extent, Camilla. It was very DISGUSTING!!! She's very pro-Charles and anti-Diana. Even when she was alive, she spoke openly and bitterly about Diana. For some reason, she has always been in favor of Charles. Let me be clear...I'm not painting Diana as a Saint (I don't have any illusions), but Penny Junor isn't even neutral when it comes to Charles and Diana, and never presents a balanced view or argument. She says that Camilla played no part in the break-up of the marriage. In her eyes, Diana was the SOLE reason as to why the marriage disintegrated, and Charles was Diana's victim. She's written books (which I refuse to purchase), and her portrayal of Di is scathing, while Charles is seen to be innocent.

Here are some of her quotes (There are more, but these are just a few):

Apart from the companionship, Charles had no need for a wife. His life was ordered, his meals were cooked, his clothes bought, laundered and laid out for him; his every whim catered for.

All the problems with Diana, all the tapes and everything, Camilla has been lurking in the background. So the queen has been very resistant about this whole relationship. But the fact of the matter is, the prince loves Camilla, he needs her very much.

He never disputed Diana's charges. He never wanted anyone to defend him. With the result, her version of the events is the accepted version, accepted wisdom and I think it's extremely unfair to the Prince of Wales

It was only years later that he found out that the princess had been having an affair for months before he and Camilla had even made contact.

This is not an attack on the Princess of Wales

All the problems with Diana, all the tapes and everything, Camilla has been lurking in the background. So the queen has been very resistant about this whole relationship. But the fact of the matter is, the prince loves Camilla, he needs her very much.

She came into that marriage a damaged individual. She desperately needed love and security and needed to be the center of the prince's attention. He was a man who lacked confidence, who needed love, needed assurance.

Charles had to put up with years of tantrums and abuse.

Charles cut his friends out of his life at Diana's insistence, and even gave away the dog he loved in an effort to make Diana happy.

The Princess was one of very few people who knew the Prince's mobile telephone number, and it was known that she had been worried about bugging on her own account and had installed some sophisticated equipment at Kensington Palace.

Diana was accused of being “paranoid” over her husband’s “innocuous” friendship with Camilla. She was jealous of Charles, Junor wrote, threw tantrums, thwarted his efforts to be a loving father and was a disturbed woman working every dirty trick known to the annals of discontented wives.
Byechoc
Countess

Nothing happens by accident. everything was a ....

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 12:30:05 pm »

She is right sometimes:
She came into that marriage a damaged individual. She desperately needed love and security and needed to be the center of the prince's attention. He was a man who lacked confidence, who needed love, needed assurance.

Charles cut his friends out of his life at Diana's insistence, and even gave away the dog he loved in an effort to make Diana happy.

The Princess was one of very few people who knew the Prince's mobile telephone number, and it was known that she had been worried about bugging on her own account and had installed some sophisticated equipment at Kensington Palace.

Diana was accused of being “paranoid” over her husband’s “innocuous” friendship with Camilla. She was jealous of Charles, Junor wrote, threw tantrums, thwarted his efforts to be a loving father and was a disturbed woman working every dirty trick known to the annals of discontented wives.
Charles life wasn't easy... his mother was absent, and his father was not the best ones... very heavy with is onw shy son... Even in these days everyone knows that Ann and Eduarda are the favorites sons of Prince Phillip and Eduard and Andrew are the favorirtes of Queen (this not mean that you are a bad parent for it, just means that you have more thing in commom so your relation is easy and close) Well it was too much for him... and he only had his granny!!! Charles was needy... and for someone needy you just need someone without all these needs aspects like diana had!!!
Remember that diana was needy, she like charles had a absent mother and when she came her family was not happy because they wanted a boy!!! Well i have to saw one thing  hide nervous
I think that diana love the prince of wales, not Charles the man!!!
Well but in the start they love each other, but their needs and because they were oposities they went apart...  wellduh

Well Peny Junnor she  is well i could say that she was in love for Charles flirt maybe dispite everything she understood that he loved camilla  hall-whistle and wanted to help him!!! but always make him looking the good boy that had a hard life!!!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:44:58 pm »

She is right sometimes:

Charles life wasn't easy... his mother was absent, and his father was not the best ones... very heavy with is onw shy son... Even in these days everyone knows that Ann and Eduarda are the favorites sons of Prince Phillip and Eduard and Andrew are the favorirtes of Queen (this not mean that you are a bad parent for it, just means that you have more thing in commom so your relation is easy and close) Well it was too much for him... and he only had his granny!!! Charles was needy... and for someone needy you just need someone without all these needs aspects like diana had!!!
Remember that diana was needy, she like charles had a absent mother and when she came her family was not happy because they wanted a boy!!! Well i have to saw one thing  hide nervous
I think that diana love the prince of wales, not Charles the man!!!
Well but in the start they love each other, but their needs and because they were oposities they went apart...  wellduh

Well Peny Junnor she  is well i could say that she was in love for Charles flirt maybe dispite everything she understood that he loved camilla  hall-whistle and wanted to help him!!! but always make him looking the good boy that had a hard life!!!

So many around the world do not have easy lives. Not just Charles. Penny uses his so-called "hard life" as an excuse for his wrongdoings. Diana's life wasn't easy, either, and she also felt unloved by her parents. So, by the same logic, why couldn't Diana have been just as much of a victim as Charles?

Angry
Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 01:33:36 pm »

^i believe that she just like him are victims!!! Of a sistem, that didn't alow Charles married who he wanted.. camilla or whatever.. A sistem that wanted a virgin and aristo girl!!!
We can not blame charles for not love diana for life!!! I believe that he loved her some way!! But i some documentaries like Diana the secret tapes and other story of a princess you can see that diana changed since she was married!! i bet bulimia, dianas sadness and paranoia about other woman cold off this relation!!!
 We all have hard lifes... any life is easy!!! But this is not apology for mistakes!!! Not for Charles but not for Diana to.. Not because charles cheat her she had to cheat him!!!

In life nothing happens by accident. we must remember that there are no good that lasts forever. And evil that never ends. God works in mysterious ways. So I just have to accept what happens because we do not know what we gain by things go this way. Not always what initially seems an award is the. This happens when we fall in love, when we found out a new job when a friend disappears or when someone leaves for ever.
Grace and Diana Fan
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:41:28 pm »

^i believe that she just like him are victims!!! Of a sistem, that didn't alow Charles married who he wanted.. camilla or whatever.. A sistem that wanted a virgin and aristo girl!!!
We can not blame charles for not love diana for life!!! I believe that he loved her some way!! But i some documentaries like Diana the secret tapes and other story of a princess you can see that diana changed since she was married!! i bet bulimia, dianas sadness and paranoia about other woman cold off this relation!!!
 We all have hard lifes... any life is easy!!! But this is not apology for mistakes!!! Not for Charles but not for Diana to.. Not because charles cheat her she had to cheat him!!!

Hmmm...I don't believe he loved her at all, but whether he did or didn't, there aren't any excuses in the world to explain away his mistreatment, and that's exactly what Penny does. The system didn't make him cheat and demean Diana. He did that all on his own. Exactly, what do you mean by Diana changed when she was married?

lips
Mia
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 02:14:46 pm »

Charles himself admitted in his tv interview (that was before the famous Panorama interview, btw) that he never loved Diana. Just because your mom and dad are absence doesn't mean that when you grow up you can treat people like garbage. That's what he did with Diana. She could be needy and desperated for love but she believed he loved her. He wasn't honest. They both made alot of mistakes in their marriage but at the end of the day she was practically a child when Charles proposed and married her. He was 32 and he knew very well what he was doing, he didn't cared. Afterall, all he wanted was a mousie wife to giving him children while he kept Camilla just around the corner.

Years of tantrums and abuse, when he called his wife fat and ugly or made stupid jokes about her in public events what was what? Or his reaction to Harry's birth, blaming her for not being a girl and whinning to everyone that was a boy and with read hair. Charles left the marital bed after Harry was born, he already had the heir and the spare which was what he wanted so why bother in working on the marriage. And Charles never cut off his friends, it's well known that they visited Highgrove and he visited them. It was on his friends houses that he meet Camilla. And innocent friendship with Camilla? What a joke...

Penny Junor is just one of those idiots that Charles used to boost his image and try to justify why he was around Camilla. All say the same "poor Charles was abused by his parents", "poor Charles was abused by his crazy wacko wife"... Why she defends Charles? Royal favors and invitations...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 02:55:10 pm »

^^

Agreed. If he had married someone who knew what was getting I would be in Charles party but Diana was not even twenty. It makes me ill only thinking about it.  :( sauer

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »

Charles himself admitted in his tv interview (that was before the famous Panorama interview, btw) that he never loved Diana. :eyes: Just because your mom and dad are absence doesn't mean that when you grow up you can treat people like garbage. That's what he did with Diana. She could be needy and desperated for love but she believed he loved her. He wasn't honest. They both made alot of mistakes in their marriage but at the end of the day she was practically a child when Charles proposed and married her. He was 32 and he knew very well what he was doing, he didn't cared. Afterall, all he wanted was a mousie wife to giving him children while he kept Camilla just around the corner.
I didn't knew... Shocked  you are right mia!!!  blink

Years of tantrums and abuse, when he called his wife fat and ugly or made stupid jokes about her in public events what was what? Or his reaction to Harry's birth, blaming her for not being a girl and whinning to everyone that was a boy and with read hair. Charles left the marital bed after Harry was born, he already had the heir and the spare which was what he wanted so why bother in working on the marriage.
He did that?  royalguard That only show me a men in his midle 30's but inside he is like a kid!! a spoild one!!!  sauer

Why she defends Charles? Royal favors and invitations...
Do you think that she was that? i don't!!

But the Queen was always at charles side!!! she agreed with the:
Years of tantrums and abuse, when he called his wife fat and ugly or made stupid jokes about her in public events what was what? Or his reaction to Harry's birth, blaming her for not being a girl and whinning to everyone that was a boy and with read hair.

If she agreed i lost all respect for her!!!  Angry

Mia
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 03:32:51 pm »

Charles is the next King, HM may not agree with the things he did in his marriage or private life but as Queen she must protect the monarchy and that includes Charles. It sucks to be the monarchy sometimes, imo...

Penny Junor is a usual guest in Highgrove and CH, especially since she wrote Charles biography in 1998, where most of the "damaged and crazy" quotes came from. And his reaction to Harry's brithday is well known, he wanted a girl and was very disappointed when a boy was born. His reaction was "Oh no it's a boy and has red hair as her family". He even complaint to Diana's mother on the christening and supposely she told him to stop whinning and that he should be happy for the baby be healthy. He didn't like it and never talked with his mother-in-law again...

Take a bow Waitie Katie

Byechoc
Countess

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 03:59:35 pm »

^I can believe... he is really sploilt

Earth Angel
Countess

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free ...

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 05:15:16 pm »

I have no idea how Penny Junor expects to be respected by colleagues when she is very one-sided and bias. So someone has concluded that Diana was damaged ... well ... if that's the case, so was Charles and quite possibly William has been damaged also. ...

I've not got alot of background knowledge on this, but it doesn't appear that Penny's book has alot of psychology or therapeutic leanings. Like for example, many people believe a marriage is meant for personal growth, to heal the wounds of childhood and forge a bond based on supporting one another through emotionally diificult times. Obviously, that's not the extent or complete purpose of marriage, but it is also an argument that fits with and is used to explain the fact that people regress when they find true love. ...

I don't know how anyone could marry a 19 year old and expect that person to be self contained, independent, and emotionally mature. Such shows willful ignorance on the part of Charles!  wellduh
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:18:12 pm by Earth Angel » Logged

"The searching-out and thorough investigation of truth ought to be the primary study of man." ~ Cicero
"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear" ~ Socrates
"During times of universal deceit telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act". ~ George Orwell
"On the road from the City of Skepticism, I had to pass through the Valley of Ambiguity". ~ Adam Smith

*All posts are my opinion, based on what I know to be true at the time of the post, unless otherwise specified. All intents and purposes are free; no ill will or maliciousness involved*
sandy
Princess

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 12:32:25 pm »

Despite some people interviewed were speaking highly of Diana, good old Penny Junor was selected to be giving commentary on the NBC Special about Diana's story. The part that was the most pathetic was the playing up of Camilla as trying to be "nice" to Lady Diana showing those old pictures of C and D together.  This is the most pathetic spin. ANd  it was claimed Camilla was "Charles friend" ignoring that Charles admitted he and Camilla were lovers after she was married and they were involved during his courtship of Diana and beyond...And Diana is made to sound like she was "raving" when she found  the F and G bracelet. There is an ABC special tomorrow. Junor did giggle and think that it was wrong for Charles to have pictures of Camilla on his honeymoon with Diana and wear the C and C cufflinks. The "fake news" of Camilla is downright ridiculous and gross.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 02:26:13 pm »

I created this thread from an old one. Please use to discuss her opinions on whatever related to royalty. Thank you.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
sandy
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2017, 03:45:24 pm »

Junor tried to "tidy up" her opinions of Diana but she still had some revisionist history of the courtship of Charles and Diana. NO way was Camilla "nice" to Diana. IF she really liked Diana she would have backed off and sent Charles back to his wife if he called or knocked on her door.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2017, 04:08:08 pm »

Despite some people interviewed were speaking highly of Diana, good old Penny Junor was selected to be giving commentary on the NBC Special about Diana's story. The part that was the most pathetic was the playing up of Camilla as trying to be "nice" to Lady Diana showing those old pictures of C and D together.  This is the most pathetic spin. ANd  it was claimed Camilla was "Charles friend" ignoring that Charles admitted he and Camilla were lovers after she was married and they were involved during his courtship of Diana and beyond...And Diana is made to sound like she was "raving" when she found  the F and G bracelet. There is an ABC special tomorrow. Junor did giggle and think that it was wrong for Charles to have pictures of Camilla on his honeymoon with Diana and wear the C and C cufflinks. The "fake news" of Camilla is downright ridiculous and gross.

In Dimbleby book, it was written as Charles was again sleeping with his friend Camilla in 1979 but never said they stopped to be intimate when he started to court Diana in 1980. Even Sally B Smith noted that in her Diana bashing book in 1998/9.

This doc had people close to Diana talking for 1st time? ... i read there will be a doc with friends who arent known talking for 1st time
sandy
Princess

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 12:26:05 am »

It was mostly with Wharfe and Junor. Fortunately he refuted Junor.

I am going to watch ABC's documentary tonight.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 03:25:19 am »

Please post details or a link as I have no cable. Thanks!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 11:15:04 am »

Richard Kay, Lady Colin Campbell (groan), and a friend of Dodi's were among those interviewed. Ken Wharfe was there. The premise of the program was that Diana and Khan could have gotten together and Diana was waiting for him to "rescue her" from Dodi.  Khan was worried about DIana in Paris but could not reach her.  I am not so sure I believe that Diana wanted Khan back since he did not want to go public with her and commit. Unfortunately it did not go into what was strange about the Paris car crash. The actual analysis of the accident was about 4 minutes and had the usual spin. of the inquest.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 04:48:11 pm »

For goodness sake the woman had changed her phone after she break-up with khan (HIMSELF said that).... every former friend (& employees) of Diana knows what it meant... Patrick Jephson and Ken Wharfe knows very well what it meant they witnessed this sort of behavior for years... when she was done... she was done.... the way she dumped him is extremely similar to the way she dumped James Hewitt... william and harry disliked him, i dont believe she'll back to him... i think she wanted to be with a man her sons were fond of. Lucia F Lima said Diana noted how kind Dodi was to her sons and she appreciated that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:55:38 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 04:55:46 pm »

The commentators made so many "projections" in the special even trying to read Diana's body language in the elevator of the Ritz which they equated with her wanting Khan back. Oh and Tina Brown was also commenting. Bashir also was there

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-last-100-days-of-diana
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:59:29 pm by sandy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: