Royal Gossip
October 18, 2018, 05:27:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Las Vegas shooting  (Read 416 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: October 02, 2017, 04:03:55 pm »

What we know right now:
What happened: At least 50 people were killed and more than 400 injured in a shooting on the Las Vegas Strip last night.
The suspect: The gunman, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, is dead.
The location: It happened during a country music festival on the Vegas Strip. The shooter fired from the Mandalay Bay hotel.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooting-live/index.html

LAS VEGAS — A gunman on a high floor of a Las Vegas hotel rained a rapid-fire barrage on a huge outdoor concert festival on Sunday night, killing more than 50 people, injuring hundreds of others, and sending thousands of terrified survivors fleeing for cover, in one of the deadliest mass shootings in American history.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/us/las-vegas-shooting.html

Las Vegas shooting: Isis claims responsibility for deadliest gun massacre in US history

Police said at least 50 people were killed and 200 wounded when a gunman opened fire on dense crowds at a concert in Las Vegas.

Officials have identified the shooter as Stephen Paddock, a 64-year-old American who had multiple weapons on the 32nd floor of a nearby hotel, where he is believed to have killed himself.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/las-vegas-isis-shooting-claims-stephen-paddock-responsibility-latest-a7978941.html

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:07:55 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:14:04 pm »

I gotta say, I’m still in shock.  Las Vegas is one of the most strict on safety places anywhere in their hotels.  That this happened there is sobering, frightening and I just don’t understan anymore.

They need blood, or did a few hours ago, if you’re near the city. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 02:25:04 pm »

If anyone believes this one man did this atrocious act all on his own [if at all], I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 03:38:23 pm »

^Yeah.  There’s a lot here that doesn’t add up and smells like Sea World.  It took months before the FBI made any conclusions in San Bernardino but within hours they proclaim a conclusion before any investigation?  I’m shocked they said anything this early.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 04:05:34 pm »

On Sunday I was going through a very large airport West of the Mississippi.   My shuttle service called me to see if they could pick me up 45 minutes earlier than my scheduled time due to security delays at the airport.

When I got there, the lines were unbelievable.  Two dogs were walked up and down the lines.

I heard about the Las Vegas massacre after I arrived home.

My theory is that there was some chatter out there, but nothing specific, and so airports were on alert.   
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 04:22:42 pm »

^Intetesting.  Something’s up but not sure what.  I’ve been to Vegas.  You’re screened and there are cameras, cameras, cameras everywhere.  Plus, because of suicide prevention, the windows are not only unopenable (as these were) but have sensors on them.  Security would have known immediately if the window was broken.  Suicide is a real concern in LV. This does not make sense so far. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: