Royal Gossip
January 18, 2018, 05:44:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MP: William and Kate are ridiculous and should not be funded.  (Read 1997 times)
dianab
Countess

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 03:42:17 pm »

This comment said it all:
Hmm, Planet Earth, Mayotte, 14 hours ago
This is hilarious.Yesterday, there was an article about how Harry and Meghan were staying together in a luxury hotel, and the comments section was up in arms about what a useless waster he was. Today, an MP actually gives a negative speech about him - and the DM readers want to send her to the Tower. It's a matter of public record that Prince Harry isn't very bright. His only academic qualification is a grade D in A-level Geography, and that was after he was held back a year at one of the best schools in the country. As for his stint in Afghanistan, it is well-known (confirmed by Philip Hammond in a Newsnight interview) that he had extra security measures in place. Which should have been obvious anyway. A man who can't go to nightclubs without bodyguards is not going to be sent to a warzone without protection.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4921104/Labour-MP-mocked-Prince-Harry-s-Army-career.html#ixzz4tz5e0ZTp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Hmm, Planet Earth, Mayotte, 5 hours ago

Harry spent his first tour in an underground bunker - well away from danger. Much as the Taliban would have done us a favour by taking the ginger nit off our hands, he was never in any danger. On his second tour, he was the one who played virtual playstation in an Apache - and he even described it as such. So stop moaning, elysteve -and get back into your EMI care home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4921104/Labour-MP-mocked-Prince-Harry-s-Army-career.html#ixzz4tz5iZzX1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

When you see people close to royals being honest about their reality (whats really going on)... the countless mistresses of Philip are even nowadays a plain 'rumor' (when there were/are lots of evidence about them), Charles sleeping with Camilla since when Diana was pregnant with William is nothing but a paranoia according to hardcore royalists... when it's well known he spent time at beaufort hunt since early 1980s, and camilla was there - she was even interested enough to ask Diana if she will join them after getting married... interesting enough the restaurant she asked 'that' to young Lady Diana was named 'Menage a Trois' - how romantic is that? flirt
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:45:09 pm by dianab » Logged
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 03:45:53 pm »

Still though, the days when anyone, government officials, MPs, real people ect, are not allowed to criticize the establishment and its members should be long gone. If they want to live like kings at the expense of hard working, long suffering people, who in my opinion are the real kings and queens, then they should not be above criticism. There are plenty of other well documented instances of corruption of power at the hands of the establishment, and its high time they answered for their actions!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 03:56:40 pm »

Harry didn't serve as long in active combat and most soldiers don't have millions of pounds and they do not have palaces and they do not jet set to all over; they live on base and if they die, they wouldn't get a state funeral. Harry isn't half the soldier that he thinks he is.

Not according to those who served with Harry, and I read their sworn testimony in his biography, in which they were named and spoke about Harry's service in Afghanistan. War heroes are coming out today to defend his record.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/913359349397049344
 The nearest that woman has ever been to a battlefield has probably been during summer holidays to France. She herself has admitted she can't prove her allegations and members of her own party have apologised on her behalf.

Of course his fellow troops will speak out favorably; HM is their commander-in-chief and Harry is HM's grandson and a Prince of the Realm.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 04:21:11 pm »

We could all say anything about anyone when hiding behind pseudonyms on Daily Fail comment lines. Whoever Planet Earth Mayotte may or may not be, there is no indication that, like that Labour MP, he/she has ever been near a battlefield either. Nor does repeating stuff he/she has read in the past from the Fail and like rags make him/her an expert on Apache helicopters, military training, Harry, or the war in Afghanistan.

I'd rather believe Harry's named co pilot and his gunner and the others who were with him when he flew in Afghanistan thanks, rather than some twit calling themselves Planet Earth and commenting in one of the most worthless lying newspapers in the world .
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 04:37:56 pm »

The easiest way to deal with the BRF, if you're not up to dismantling the institution, and you want to be a full Republic, is to make them a self-sustaining non-profit org.  Remove all taxpayer dollars that subsidize them and allow each person to donate to their existence as he or she sees fit.  At least that way your donation would be your own choice and it would be tax deductible.

They need security?  Tell me why, how much, when it's needed and for whom.  Worldwide scrutiny would be amazing to see.  Hit up Clooney for a mill or two.  Plus, you'd receive an actual, honest, detailed annual report. 

They wanna be normal and not confined to their roles? Ok!  Earn it.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 04:45:21 pm »

I love your nonprofit idea and frankly I believe that it should be optional. The BRF does not need millions to do what it costs less for an MP to do. The BRF should only be allowed to get what they put in and frankly the public isn't paying to be kept dangling while WKH think over growing up like everyone else. Kate has even LESS excuse since she was never born to such prominence and she was not at all someone who was born titled or connected in the way that WH were.

We could all say anything about anyone when hiding behind pseudonyms on Daily Fail comment lines. Whoever Planet Earth Mayotte may or may not be, there is no indication that, like that Labour MP, he/she has ever been near a battlefield either. Nor does repeating stuff he/she has read in the past from the Fail and like rags make him/her an expert on Apache helicopters, military training, Harry, or the war in Afghanistan.

I'd rather believe Harry's named co pilot and his gunner and the others who were with him when he flew in Afghanistan thanks, rather than some twit calling themselves Planet Earth and commenting in one of the most worthless lying newspapers in the world

Harry was barely in the battlefield; he wasn't there long until it became clear that his presence was a distraction and disruption to operations and he had to leave.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 04:56:36 pm »

Above all, he was there with protection (which was confirmed by authorities) and when several others soldiers NOT... in DM there are several posters who are well read and with more brains than the reporters who write the DM articles. That poster said nothing wasnt reported and confirmed, so dontknow
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 11:13:24 pm »

I'm a bit bewildered, actually. There seems to be a perception here that everything has changed after the Queen's Private Secretary resigned. There appears to be an impression that from the beginning of October KP's Press Office is going to be closed down or reined in by Charles in some way, and/or CH and BP are going to be in charge of all media announcements ref the Cambridges and Harry.

That is just not so. Sir Christopher (the Queen's Private Sec who resigned) wanted a tighter ship with BP, CH and KP all working as one and he pushed for that. However CH did not. Charles and CH wanted to remain in charge of their own operations. Therefore there was a reshuffle.

However, that had nothing to do with KP. At the time of Sir C's resignation there were reports that ELF (Edward Lane Fox, Harry's aide) was reconsidering his position. ELF is with Harry in Toronto and hasn't resigned yet. That doesn't mean that he won't do so, but that talk seems to have died down.

Since that fuss I've kept a very close daily watch on any announcements coming from KP and from the Palace. They are all operating as normal, though Sir Christopher's deputy has taken over and will be there at least until after the next CHOGM.

Kate is getting a new Secretary, Catherine Quinn, who was appointed since Rebecca moved on. She was appointed by Kate. Charles had nothing to do with it, nor will he be directing Ms Quinn in her professional duties after she begins in October.

These are the only changes I have heard of, and so, as I've said, I'm a bit bewildered by the assumption which seems to have taken place on this forum that Charles is cracking the whip and so Jason and the others are either going to resign or are falling under his command. Also that the Cambridges and Harry are to take orders from Charles from October Ist. Not so, it seems as there would undoubtedly have been signs of a movement in that direction. There aren't any.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:15:10 pm by Rosella » Logged
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2017, 12:11:02 am »

Although I respect the position that Charles isn't going to take over KP's press office and that Waity/Kate appointed Ms Quinn as per lackey, I beg to differ. KP press office and those who work for Wills seems to be incompetent yes men. Also, when Ms Quinn was announced as Waity private secretary, Charles was said to be paying her a 6 figure salary. Why would he do that if she's only going to help Waity? IMO, she's the chief of staff for the combined courts. Otherwise, why did articles stress her leadership abilities? Whatever's going on, Wills is already trying to straighten up his act and is being rebranding as a dad and future king. He has a solo cover on People magazine doing just that. So imo, that's Charles or a image fixer/crisis manager (Ms Quinn?) trying to get the public to see Wills in a good light. I expect Harry's image will get a boost from IG and the tossing out of MM I hope.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2017, 12:30:54 am »

Charles underwrites the running of the KP office. That includes salaries. He always has since it was set up.That doesn't mean however that he dictates how each member of the office approaches their jobs. He pays Jason's salary. He will pay Ms Quinn's. She was moved into the position because after PP's retirement the Cambridges were going to be full time royals, which is what William is becoming. Kate's pregnancy was then Unknown. She has admin experience but that doesn't mean she's been appointed to be top dog at KP.

I'm afraid you're going to be waiting a long time if you believe MM is going to be thrown out. IMHO, and the opinion of most except the two Tumblr witches across the Atlantic, this romance is moving smoothly toward an engagement announcement.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 12:44:43 am »

^ and ^Off topic and getting personal ^.  Please remember that everyone is entitled to think what they like and share their opinion. 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2017, 05:02:17 pm »

According to the article below Catherine Quinn is probably already working at KP, ready for the reception for the Heads Together campaign of the 10th of this month. As Kate's Private Sec it will be Catherine's job to keep Kate briefed on her engagements, who she's going to meet etc. It says here she'll be taking over Rebecca Deacon's bouquet and gift holding duties when Kate goes walkabout at her engagements. That should be interesting.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2017100342898/kate-middleton-private-secretary-catherine-quinn-starts/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:08:07 pm by Rosella » Logged
snowflake
royal watcher

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2017, 04:31:27 pm »

In the past they have been able to adapt to the current trends of popular sentiment. I suspect that Queen Elizabeth and Philip's ages are the reason we are seeing cracks as they react less quickly. Charles and William have never had to adapt to survive and lack the motivation and imagination to reinvent the monarchy in their own vision, therefore parliament will do it for them. How that will look is anyone's guess.

I have respect for the queen and her husband they always seem to be distant but committed to their job, the rest are entitled children who want to be celebrities but not take the responsibility of the crown.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2017, 07:41:12 pm »

^ Interesting take, esp that no one had to reinvent the monarchy in all the time but Liz & Phil. It sure will be a ride to see how things will go after they pass.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: