Royal Gossip
December 13, 2018, 08:59:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brexit Negotiations  (Read 4215 times)
Val
Princess

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2017, 11:59:28 pm »

Telegraph letter - says it all

Dear Sir,

Cat and fox in Brussels

Since negotiations started in April 2017 the EU has been quick to make demands well in excess of anything envisaged in Section 50. Some demands are spurious, confusing the issues at stake. EU Bureaucrats want to know everything BEFORE trade negotiations start, when so many items can only be resolved DURING trade talks.
The Irish border is one example. Only if the UK is forced into a HARD BREXIT will there be a major problem for Ireland; a generous trade deal could maintain something like the status quo. But the Irish are so scared of losing their present trade advantages that they demand assurances "up front".  Liam Fox is correct in saying that a final outcome can only be resolved in the context of a trade deal. EU demands in support of the Irish government's position are totally unjustified.
Meanwhile the EU continues a strategy of delays, deadlines, red lines and ransoms calculated to humiliate UK negotiators and to inspire widespread demands inside the UK for a quick and HARD BREXIT
Possibly they want to drive us into this position, to demonstrate their power and to punish our bid for freedom, irrespective of the damage to the trade of Ireland and many other of the 27 nations of the EU. Certainly they are going the right way about it.
We need our negotiators to stay cool. For there is no possibility of a return to the fold. The UK has no wish to remain a minor part of an undemocratic power bloc which dictates to its subjected nations on matters of trade, law, currency, tax, borders, people movement, and (next on their list) defense and war. Nor do we wish to inflict trading harm on EU members nor abandon many valuable European connections and standards.The sooner EU negotiators grasp the realities of BREXIT the better, so that trade talks can start as soon as possible.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 02:27:29 am »

Brilliant article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-5134843/TOM-UTLEY-millennials-like-sons-wrong.html
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2017, 02:46:29 am »

^Wow.  Bravo!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Maya
courtier

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 11:28:55 am »

https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardelli/the-eu-says-britain-will-remain-a-member-of-the-single?utm_term=.vil1gQGbx#.ghYWaQOL1

Trying to get my head around this - a remainer leading Brexit discussions. No surprise  dragging the proverbial feet of the nation.

If it's a case of 'we know best not the electorate' what is the point of voting?

Leave means leave it's that simple. The didactic nature of EU legislature may please 49% of the country but 51% voted and their voices should be heard and enacted in these 'talks' which appear more like the British isles pandering to their and the EU whims.

Someone from the leave camp should be in charge of these negotiations. We're an embarrassment on the world stage as a country as usual. What happened to backbone and independent spiritedness?
marion
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 05:18:32 pm »

Theresa May is a weak PM and needs to go...and fast
Val
Princess

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2017, 08:43:47 pm »

There are a lot of very angry with Theresa May people n the UK tonight.

Typical responses from other forums

'After reading and trying to make some kind of sense of May's so-called negotiations, I don't think that I will ever vote again.  To be honest, I now don't care if the Tories are toppled and Corbyn takes over because there is nothing to chose between either Party as the UK is going to remain the EU in some shape or form.  May is a quisling, a liar and a traitor to this nation. She deserves nothing but opprobrium and if she had any decency, she would resign,but she will stay at No 10 as the EU's little helper.'

My mother and my grandmother were Conservatives and I joined the YCs at the age of 18.  With two exceptions when I voted Lib Dem as a friend was standing for Parliament, I have been a Tory voter.  No more.  As far as I am concerned, the Tories can rot in Hell; they have betrayed everything that our wonderful nation, for over a thousand years, has embraced.  Unless they get rid of May, the Conservatives will be consigned to the political dustbin and will never form another Government.

- and others
'This is a very dark day for our once-great nation.'

'My mother and my grandmother were Conservatives and I joined the YCs at the age of 18.  With two exceptions when I voted Lib Dem as a friend was standing for Parliament, I have been a Tory voter.  No more.  As far as I am concerned, the Tories can rot in Hell; they have betrayed everything that our wonderful nation, for over a thousand years, has embraced.  Unless they get rid of May, the Conservatives will be consigned to the political dustbin and will never form another Government.'

A very angry Nigel Farage was on TV saying TM had capitulated and we were leaving the UK in name only.
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 08:54:14 pm »

That ruddy woman should be taken forthwith to The Tower and thence to The Block. We did that before to our nation's traitors and we should re-introduce it. 

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
marion
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 09:05:54 pm »

Nothing is signed yet so surely we're not bound d by this.  Somebody please tell me, after the backlash, when her treachery has sunk in,  she may still be ousted. There are a lot more negotiations to go so, please God, she will fail at the next hurdle. Is it there no one in the Tory party who is hungry enough for power to want to lead take over as leader
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2017, 09:19:22 pm »

I wish there were, Marion!  However, I read somewhere that the senior Brexit Tories are keeping quiet about May's so-called negotiations, so I'm hoping that plots and all manner of skullduggery to oust her will be taking place outside Westminster this weekend.  It's the least she deserves...and a lot more for selling out our nation to that vile organisation.  As they (whoever they are!) say, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings..."  I'm looking forward to May's final act, but doubt if she will get a standing ovation...

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
marion
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2018, 11:44:35 pm »

Theresa May has some the s country down the river. She has to go.

This says it all...
http://www.leavemeansleave.eu/john-longworth-pm-totally-misled-17-4-million-voters-left-late-possible-reveal-remains-stubborn-remainer/
Val
Princess

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2018, 12:01:42 am »

^

Great and spot on article.

Many in the DM saying that the latest poisoning was a deliberate destruction too.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2018, 12:07:26 am »

Just announced

Brexit Secretary, David Davis, has just resigned from the Government
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2018, 02:32:12 am »

^Wow!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
marion
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2018, 06:34:40 am »

Calls for a vote of no confidence are gathering strength. May can't last much longer
Val
Princess

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2018, 07:38:02 am »

Brexit is dead –  strangled at the weekend by Prime Minister Theresa May and her cabal of Remainer cronies.
It was a brilliant coup, masterfully conducted with a sadist’s attention to detail.

All the ministers in the Cabinet were hauled up to Chequers, the Prime Minister’s country residence, where their phones were confiscated, as though they were naughty children. Then the stubbornly pro-Brexit ones who were rightly disgusted by the shaming sell-out deal May had cobbled together with her virulently Remainer civil servants were given the same choice Rommel was in 1944: cyanide pill or slow career death.
Val
Princess

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2018, 08:25:48 am »

From another forum

May deliberately insulted Trump and blamed Putin for poisoning British citizens without any proof.  The EU do not want the UK to have good relations with the US or  Russia because we will become the oddity in the woodpile for the EU's long-term plan to dominate Europe.  If we are locked forever into that evil empire, then the EU will conscript the UK's young adults into its Armed Forces, it will have control over MI5, MI6, GCHQ and related security and intel organisations and the key to our nuclear codes.  All ducks in a row to have another go at conquering Russia. This has been the EU's aim since it was founded by ex-Nazis who have never forgiven the Allies for stopping them seventy-plus years ago.  The Americans, quite rightly, won't help us out this time.  There are truly wicked and utterly lunatic people running the EU behind the scenes and for whom one-world government is the end result.  They won't care how many lives and how many countries and cultures are destroyed - that will be collateral damage.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2018, 10:19:06 am »

LOL

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
marion
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2018, 08:39:00 pm »

The DM, at long last, is running the story about The Hag going to Berlin to GET this proposal from Merkel rather than taking it to her.  It's treason - no other word for it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5329725/Did-Theresa-share-Brexit-plan-Angela-Merkel-showing-cabinet-Chequers.html
Val
Princess

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2018, 09:58:28 pm »

A typical letter being sent to MP’s by their constituents in thousands.

‘As you would probably guess, I regard the Chequers plan with dismay, for its inability to break clear from the EU, which is what has been promised by Mrs May on several occasions, but not delivered. I am also disappointed to read that (if true), it has been 'passed' by Mrs Merkel in advance of its publication to British MPs. 

I'm writing (not just for myself!) to ask that you support the amendments that will be tabled; I appreciate that a vote of no confidence in Mrs May is inappropriate for a number of reasons, though I am angry enough to have wished it.

I'm telling the truth when I say that it would be very difficult for me to remain a member of the Conservative Party if the white paper goes through as it stands, so strongly do I feel that we have been let down on a manifesto promise.  It is surely possible to consider Canada+++, or similar, or even a No-Deal on WTO rules, which would keep the rest of the world open to us, not just the EU, whose long-term future seems in any case unreliable. 

It makes sense to have the rest of the world as a customer and a supplier.   I can't see that happening if we are sharing an EU "rule book", and subject, to any degree, to the ECJ.

This is a genuine plea to consider what deep concerns I and others in this area and others have, have about this half-hearted Brexit white paper.  I genuinely dread its going through.

I know there is a risk of a Corbyn term if the Tory vote is greatly reduced by this, but Brexit is an issue that goes beyond party politics, and if we remain in any way dependant on the EU for trade, we are still not an independent nation, so how much will it really matter?’

Val
Princess

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2018, 11:50:17 am »

More furious people

The reaction to Theresa May’s Machiavellian double-dealing (or betrayal, even treachery, if you prefer) over her Remain-By-Any-Other-Name plans for Brexit has been a flood of condemnation and outrage from Leave-supporting Conservative MPs, activists and commentators alike.

After the high-profile resignations of David Davis and Boris Johnson, more have followed. Two deputy party chairmen have resigned, with one, Lewes MP Maria Caulfield, openly condemning May’s principal (and trusted to the point of gullibility) No 10 Brexit advisers as ‘a small cabal which holds Brexiteers in contempt’.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: