Royal Gossip
May 22, 2018, 09:09:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate expecting third child ~ (Read post #1 before posting)  (Read 26038 times)
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2018, 10:40:51 pm »

Adelaide. There has not been an Adelaide since Princess Victoria Adelaide Mary Louise, who was Queen Victoria's first daughter.

Really A Baron
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2018, 03:37:59 am »

If they don;t have to be former royal names I like Alice Victoria Frances Mary or Alberta Ruth Caroline Anne for a girl; for a boy John Fredrick William Michael or Rodney Charles Philip David.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #182 on: February 13, 2018, 04:02:50 am »

I don't think they'd go for a Prince Rodney, and John is supposedly unlucky in the BRF. Diana apparently wanted John as her first son's name (after her father but then I have heard she really liked Oliver as well), but she was stopped because of the bad luck thing. George V and Queen Mary's youngest son was a John, disabled and died young. Before that Alexandra and Edward VII last son was Alexander John who died as a baby. And of course there's only been one King called John who was regarded as a rotter.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #183 on: February 13, 2018, 11:03:34 am »

^ i know of this stories... diana wanted oliver for Harry, at 1rst moment... but charles also is considered a unlucky name as the Queen got, without any resistance, her heir being named Charles?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2018, 12:08:12 pm »

There was some theory around years ago that because the Queen Mother liked historic Scottish names (and wanted to call Princess Margaret 'Anne' but got overruled by George V) that the Queen gave her two older children Stuart names.

Charles reportedly didn't like the name Charles as he thought the Stuarts were an ill-fated dynasty. He would rather have been named George, it was said. Whether that's true or not don't know, but certainly John's not been used in the BRF as a first name since Prince John died in 1919.
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2018, 01:43:35 pm »

I think perhaps they would go for Alice in honor of Prince Philip's mother, Alexandra or Maud. For a son, I don't know, I'd go for Richard, Philip or John but I think Arthur or Albert (horrid name) are likely to be chosen too.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2018, 02:45:20 pm »

Richard and John are unlucky names. Richard II was deposed; Richard III was demonized by Shakespeare and was defeated by Henry VII.
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2018, 03:06:18 pm »

If the world kept its prejudices we'd still be living in the Dark Ages, so I think it would be a good opportunity for them to change this perception but to each their own.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2018, 03:45:40 pm »

Please not Alice. That's my name...
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2018, 03:47:47 pm »

I don't think they'd go for a Prince Rodney, and John is supposedly unlucky in the BRF. Diana apparently wanted John as her first son's name (after her father but then I have heard she really liked Oliver as well), but she was stopped because of the bad luck thing. George V and Queen Mary's youngest son was a John, disabled and died young. Before that Alexandra and Edward VII last son was Alexander John who died as a baby. And of course there's only been one King called John who was regarded as a rotter.

I couldn't help myself with the name Rodney! I'd forgotten that John is a 'bad luck' name.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #190 on: February 13, 2018, 04:09:04 pm »

I think Adelaide is a lovely choice/idea! 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
FrederickLouis
Baroness

« Reply #191 on: February 13, 2018, 11:41:47 pm »

Mary has been highly spoken of.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYFuU5dfBuM

Really A Baron
annecros
courtier

What I am is what I am are what you are or what?

« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2018, 01:23:37 am »

I would see where they might go with the QEII trifecta. Her name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary. George has a middle name Alexander, and Charlotte has a middle name Elizabeth. Doesn't mean the child will be called "Princess Mary" but there are a great many women named Mary in the years since Queen Victoria.

I sort of like Mary as a compound name. Mary Alice, Mary Adelaide, Mary Anne, Mary Katherine, etc. etc.

It has been quite some time since we have seen a Princess Victoria though. Louise has been used in this generation. I don't think Beatrice and Eugenie will be reused any time soon in the main line. Brilliant use of historic names by the Yorks. I think Sophie/Sophia is out.

Then, as a third child, we cannot rule out one of the three names just being one that the parents happen to like. They can go with something a bit interesting.

Interesting article: https://www.confetti.co.uk/occasions/aristocratic-royal-names

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2018, 01:31:30 am »

Yes, I agree, they could go for something a bit unusual in a girl's name. I do like Alexandra. Boys in the senior line of the BRF are so much more difficult. I really like James but the Wessexes pinched it! I suppose Alexander could be used again. I just can't see the Cambridges going too far out there even with a third child's name. I can't see Albert except as a middle name, not for a little boy who had to mingle with aristos and upper middleclass kids all his school life. Arthur is a possibility I suppose. Don't care for it much myself though.
annecros
courtier

What I am is what I am are what you are or what?

« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2018, 02:16:30 am »

It is sort of different if the third child is a boy this time. He isn't the spare for the first time in that line. Something awful would have to happen to a lot of people before his number was up. They may even get away with a Michael or Paul. I don't think Peter, because of Phillips. Nothing like breaking the "John" curse than a young prince named John who is just generally a nice guy. David keeps coming up, I don't like David. Phillip. I think Phillip may happen either way as in Phillip or Phillipa. Frances/Francis is still out there either way. I can live with Arthur, it was my father's name. Albert? I would have to call him Prince Bertie. easter-lol flower
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2018, 02:43:10 am »

Richard and John are unlucky names. Richard II was deposed; Richard III was demonized by Shakespeare and was defeated by Henry VII.

But the current Prince Richard seems to be doing ok as a member of the BRF.
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2018, 02:32:18 pm »

It's ridiculous that Kate is having a third child in the first place. IMO it's just an excuse to get out of work again.
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2018, 02:45:02 pm »

^I wouldn't be surprised if she pops out another one after this.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2018, 02:59:38 pm »

She was rumored to say she just wanted 3 kids

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
sandy
Princess

« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2018, 03:03:05 pm »

Supposedly she wanted the same number of children the Queen had. William grouses about having another kid, so she may have insisted. She can be idle for years now until the youngest gets to school.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: