Royal Gossip
September 19, 2018, 02:24:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20th Anniversary of the death of Diana ~ 30 August  (Read 1715 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: August 30, 2017, 02:25:59 pm »

Rebecca English‏Verified account @RE_DailyMail 5m5 minutes ago

William, Kate and Harry at Kensington Palace to mark the 20th anniversary of the death of Diana, Princess of Wales #PrincessDiana

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIewOyYV4AYnH9t.jpg

PA Royal Reporters‏Verified account @PARoyal 21m21 minutes ago

The visit to the #WhiteGarden at Kensington Palace is taking place on the eve of the 20th anniversary of #Diana's death pic.twitter.com/DYZdTdK1t0
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:41:48 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 03:36:22 pm »

William and Harry are joined by Kate to pay tribute to their mother Diana with a poignant visit to the Kensington Palace garden planted in her memory, on the eve of the 20th anniversary of her tragic death

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4835948/Princes-William-Harry-pay-tribute-mother-Diana.html#ixzz4rFWAsltL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
 bored3 bored3 bored3 bored3 bored3 bored3

Watergator, Washington, United States, moments ago
I wish the British RF would stop exploiting her death for PR purposes.....

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4835948/Princes-William-Harry-pay-tribute-mother-Diana.html#ixzz4rFXvybca
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
thumbsup eating cookies
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 03:42:46 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »

Council cath looks as thought she tore a pair of curtains down and got the old lady with bad eyesight next door to run up a quick frock  -  horrendous, horrid frock, for 1.400 GBP?  Having a laugh at the taxpayer. When is this circus going to end, been going on for months now, now Diana rest if peace, resurrecting everything only does three people a favour for pr  -  bill medd, haza murkle and council cath. Give it a rest, the public are sick of it.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 06:01:42 pm »

William and Harry view tributes to their mother at the gates of Kensington Palace on the eve of the anniversary of her death in tragic echo of scenes 20 years ago when they stood there as boys

Princes William and Harry were joined by the Duchess of Cambridge on visit to memorial garden today
    Wednesday marks the eve of the 20th anniversary of her death in a Paris car crash at the age of 36
    Fans of the late Princess have been leaving floral tributes at the gates of her Kensington Palace home
    Diana's sons have spoken candidly about her for the first time in run-up to the anniversary of her death
    Kate never met the Princess but called her an 'inspirational woman' in her 2010 engagement interview

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4835948/Princes-William-Harry-pay-tribute-mother-Diana.html

--

Kate's dress is by Prada and ugly. The neck part is a total copy off Diana, the (faux?) shoulder pads that belong to the 80s, also a Diana copy (due to the era).
Then she seems to have gone back to long extensions..  thumbsdown
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 06:59:02 pm »

This event was a disaster. Ok, the rain was not their fault but even not raining it was completely stupid.

I still don't understand having the representatives from the charities around the park to talk with them? It felt super awkward.

What I thought they were going to do was visiting the park and then meeting the charities at KP.

The only thing I really liked was them going to see the tributes.

Even then couldn't they have prepared the statue presentation for this day? Or maybe for her last bday? Also what would have made sense for today would have been a mass. But I understand that would have been super difficult to organise. Because who do you invite?

But for me it was a letdown.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 07:09:39 pm »

I agree.

It would have been nice if they hosted sth special at KP, a tea or better yet, lunch. Maybe some of Diana's favourite dishes, but it didn't have to go that far. A tea or lunch would have been much nicer, regardless of the weather, but still with the rain that would have been a better idea and they should have taken the weather into account when planning. A stroll around the garden and then off to the catered area at KP. The two dolts could have visited the gate between stroll & tea/ lunch. Oh well, it's not like Team KP is famed for masterful events & organization  sigh

The statue should have been ready either for her bday this year or for her death anniversary, indeed.

A church service sounds like a nice idea, but again, Team KP...

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 07:44:38 pm »

^They don't like to make an extra effort; they view all that beneath them and think they're too good for everything around them. They can't be bothered with ribbon cutting and kissing babies and then bothering with administrative details like meetings and cakes and teatimes. All three are so hopelessly worthless.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 07:55:10 pm »

I don't know really. I am sure they wanted to do something special to remember their mother but I don't understand how it ended up as such a fail. At least some people in their staff could have said something? It's not like they were going to do the hard work themselves.

And if they didn't something more grand is not because they didn't want to bother Charles.

Also if they didn't want to show their own house at KP they could have rented some of the rooms at KP after all it can be rented for events so I'm sure they would have been able to use them.

Another thing is that they could have gone with Charlotte and George if the event with the charities was later.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 07:56:51 pm »

They're too selfish to care and every shot at hyping themselves has run down flat.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 08:02:55 pm »

It seemed like a last minute planned thing that wasn't thought out very well.

I understand not showing too much emotion in public, but I have to say these people actually seem devoid of all feeling. I cant put my finger on it, but do they really even care, it just doesn't feel real. I look in W and H's face and I see nothing but a kind of suppressed irritation.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 08:59:25 pm »

They absolutely could have had G&C with them, esp at the garden. Other royal families would have done it, would have been much better too and more impactful imo.

Yeah, my thoughts too, they could have used so many other places at KP if they are unwilling to host it at their apartment. They use 8&9 as their "offices" (waiting patiently for the laughter to subside - I mean, offices for what!), could have used 8&9 for the tea/lunch (I'll just call it "reception" from now on), or done it at the orangery, which is a lovely location, even if I find the orangery a bit ugly. The orangery is rented out and used for receptions anyway, incl by the Winds (and anyone else who has enough dosh).

The argument that Chuckles is hurt is silly and should not be paid attention to! And it's not like this or any part of it was to take place at Clarence House or Highgrove.

And surprise, Waity copied Diana (not just by the cut of the dress as I mentioned earlier, but by everything!)

http://royal-roaster.tumblr.com/post/164790940215/kate-2017-diana-1981

http://68.media.tumblr.com/debfe4b27501251228e749bb53c05f63/tumblr_ovi9z1720n1tch55to1_1280.jpg

wopedo thumbsdown
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 09:02:18 pm »

^ Kate's no princess, but she is a Queen  shifty
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 09:16:17 pm »

They absolutely could have had G&C with them, esp at the garden. Other royal families would have done it, would have been much better too and more impactful imo.

Yeah, my thoughts too, they could have used so many other places at KP if they are unwilling to host it at their apartment. They use 8&9 as their "offices" (waiting patiently for the laughter to subside - I mean, offices for what!), could have used 8&9 for the tea/lunch (I'll just call it "reception" from now on), or done it at the orangery, which is a lovely location, even if I find the orangery a bit ugly. The orangery is rented out and used for receptions anyway, incl by the Winds (and anyone else who has enough dosh).

The argument that Chuckles is hurt is silly and should not be paid attention to! And it's not like this or any part of it was to take place at Clarence House or Highgrove.

And surprise, Waity copied Diana (not just by the cut of the dress as I mentioned earlier, but by everything!)

http://royal-roaster.tumblr.com/post/164790940215/kate-2017-diana-1981

http://68.media.tumblr.com/debfe4b27501251228e749bb53c05f63/tumblr_ovi9z1720n1tch55to1_1280.jpg

wopedo thumbsdown

Sickening the way she always copies Diana.  Lips Sealed
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »

I'm confused about the September 30 date on this thread - should I change it, Alex?  And didn't she die on August 31?  Why didn't they wait until tomorrow? 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 09:39:20 pm »

Lol I got confused. So sorry. It was today.

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 10:26:22 pm »

I'm confused about the September 30 date on this thread - should I change it, Alex?  And didn't she die on August 31?  Why didn't they wait until tomorrow? 

I believe that they intend on not being seen at all on the actual anniversary so they made the appearance the day before so they were seen but the day itself they will be spending the day quietly with their thoughts and maybe some special friends and family.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 10:30:41 pm »

Diana died on the 31st. Maybe they did it today to have privacy on the day itself, where for once I can't blame them for wanting privacy..

Prince William and Harry make surprise visit to scene of Diana tributes, 20 years on

"[...]

Prince Harry was so taken with the plants and flowers, which included the Princess’ favourite forget-me-nots and white roses chosen for their perfume, that he told staff he would like to keep some of them after the garden closed, transporting them to his own, small, Kensington Palace plot to tend.

Following the tour, the three young members of the Royal Family met with representatives of eight charities closest to the Princess’ heart: The Leprosy Mission, English National Ballet, National Aids Trust, Centrepoint, Great Ormond Street Hospital, the Royal Marsden Hospital, Child Bereavement UK and Landmine Survivors Network.

Prince Harry, keen to add to his own memories of his mother, asked for visitors to tell him stories about her, learning more of the work he was too young to appreciate in her lifetime.

[...]"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/30/prince-william-harry-make-surprise-visit-scene-diana-tributes/

The article also says how W&H "made an unannounced trip to view a small display of tributes left outside their home", well yes, what a trip, must have been quite the journey...
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 11:20:22 pm »

I believe that they intend on not being seen at all on the actual anniversary so they made the appearance the day before so they were seen but the day itself they will be spending the day quietly with their thoughts and maybe some special friends and family.

Or getting drunk and shopping online; they aren't capable of caring about anyone but themselves.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 02:59:12 pm »

Lol I got confused. So sorry. It was today.

tehe No worries.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: