Royal Gossip
September 26, 2018, 02:15:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince George's First Day of School 7 September  (Read 8071 times)
Lindsay
Baroness

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 03:53:58 pm »

^ He is cute. But they do have practice leaving him, starting as an infant. Plus, he has been attending school for awhile now.

Duchess Kate Want To Keep George Away From the Spoiled Offspring of Oligarchs

We’re still talking about Prince William and Duchess Kate’s choice to send Prince George to a less conservative primary school. Many thought they would send George to Wetherby, which is where William and Harry were educated in London. Instead, George will be heading to Thomas’s School in Battersea, at a cost of about $8000 per semester, which apparently is $24,000 a year (for three semesters a year). For primary school! That’s crazy to me, although as compared to other private schools for the rich and famous, it’s probably a relative bargain. Vanity Fair’s Katie Nicholl says that Kate was “apparently keen” for George to attend a coed school, so that Charlotte would be able to join him in a few years. Nicholl says that Kate intends to join the other “yummy mummies” at the drop-offs and pick-ups as often as she can too. But why Thomas’s School specifically? The Daily Mail’s Girl About Town knows:

The Duchess of Cambridge has opted to send Prince George to a school four miles from Kensington Palace to keep him away from the spoiled offspring of oligarchs and rock stars, I’m told. George is due to attend Thomas’s in Battersea, even though the school has a branch just half a mile from the Palace. But many say that life for a pupil at Battersea is much more ‘hippy-dippy’, which is why Kate has decided to send her son there.

One ex-pupil remembers being given a merit for reciting a line from Monty Python – in Latin – aged ten. And another recounts a much-loved teacher napping in his car at lunch.

Staff dish out kooky golden unicorn stickers instead of the usual gold stars, to reward pupils for tying their shoelaces. The mythical creatures will already be familiar to George – they adorn the gates of KP.

[From The Daily Mail]

I wonder if this was a fight between Kate and William? Because that seems like a statement against the way William was raised, in which he was surrounded by the children of the incredibly rich, the aristocrats, and the leaders of the nation. It’s like Kate is saying to William: I don’t want George to turn out as stuffy and posh as you. Then again, I wonder if William even cares or thought about it too hard. Anyway, as I said, I don’t really have an issue with George attending a school full of kids who come from less privileged backgrounds… although let’s be real, the kids at this school are still really privileged. But they’re privileged in the same way the Middletons are privileged – upper middle class privileged. The children of millionaires, not billionaires.

http://www.celebitchy.com/529967/duchess_kate_wants_to_keep_george_away_from_the_spoiled_offspring_of_oligarchs/

(So I really do wonder if George has a 30 minute commute so Kate can be the big fish in a small pond, feel comfortable and respected, avoid the aristocracy and their snide looks and judgement over what she did to get the Ring of Doom.)

A little more about George's school:

Prince George's New School Has a Heavy Emphasis on Sports and Drama

Prince George of Cambridge is headed off to big-boy school soon enough. Unlike the typical posh-boy schools which Prince William attended, George has been enrolled in Thomas’s Battersea in London, which, to be fair, is still pretty posh. Instead of making friends with the children of oligarchs, George is going to be friends with the children of the merely wealthy. His friends’ parents will be millionaires, not billionaires. There will also be fewer children of the aristocracy around George. I still believe this is Kate’s way of shading the hell out of William’s upbringing and his closest friends: she does not want George to grow up with the same chinless aristo kids that make up William’s close set of friends. Well, People Mag just ran a glowing story about how Thomas’s Battersea is going to bring a lot of chaos and sports into George’s life:

When Prince George heads out to class for the first time in early September, he will get some of the best education “money can buy” from a “slightly chaotic” school for cosmopolitan families. That’s the view of Thomas’s Battersea in London by a recently published review of schools in England.

The $23,000-a-year establishment, which is about four miles south of the family’s Kensington Palace home, is “a big, busy, slightly chaotic school for cosmopolitan parents who want their children to have the best English education money can buy,” the latest The Good Schools Guide says. “That is what they want and, to a large degree, that is what they get.”

There are “plenty of opportunities for pupils to excel but withdrawn types might find it all somewhat overwhelming,” the review adds. George, 4, will be among a wide variety of international families as “19 different foreign languages spoken at home,” the guide adds.

Like George, the school’s headmaster is also starting fresh next month. The new headmaster is Simon O’Malley, who the guide describes as “ambitious and enthusiastic.” He “generated an energy and buzz about his previous school. Much-liked and respected by parents,” the reviewers at The Good Schools Guide, which calls itself the leading, independent source of information on schools in the U.K., add.

Sporty parents like William and Princess Kate may have been partly attracted to the school by the amount of physical activity – sport takes up 20 per cent of the curriculum time. And there is a lot of emphasis placed on drama too. It “is outstanding with huge productions by each year group being put on over the year,” the review reports. ” ‘Only drawback’, said one parent, ‘is that they are always musicals. Not much use if your child can’t sing’. School assures us there’s always something for everyone.” There’s a new music center, an orchestra, bands and choirs while “two great art studios and two pottery rooms with their own kiln” add to the creative mix.

George’s parents have vowed to take him to school whenever they can. But, the guide notes, that the school owns a “fleet of buses,” some of which bring pupils from Kensington.

[From People]

I wonder how George will do in this kind of environment. I was shy when I was George’s age, and I wouldn’t have been a “joiner” in the sense of… I probably wouldn’t have thrived in all of those group activities like drama and sports. That still sounds hellish to me – I’ve always been an independent learner, content to read ahead on my own and focus on my own academics. I do find it fascinating that this is what Kate and William want for George. I get that they wanted to enroll their kids in a co-ed school so they could go to school together, but surely there’s a co-ed, posh London school that doesn’t seem so… hippie/experimental?

http://www.celebitchy.com/547368/prince_georges_new_school_has_a_heavy_emphasis_on_sports_drama/
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 03:57:29 pm »

I'm told that while pregnant Kate desperately wanted to be with Prince George on his first day at Thomas's Battersea, she's been really sick

Rebecca English

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 04:29:26 pm »

Rebecca English tweets:

'Sources tell me that the Duchess of Cambridge is now ‘highly unlikely’ to be well enough to drop Prince George off to school tomorrow.'

'I’m told that while a final decision will be made in the morning, Kate hasn’t been well at all this week.  She’s desperate to be there, though.'

'While pregnant Catherine desperately wanted to be with Prince George on his first day at Thomas’s Battersea, she’s been really sick.'

'The Duchess is suffering from the acute form of morning sickness that also plagued her last two pregnancies, hyperemesis gravidarum.'

'Don't forget Prince George will still have his daddy, Prince William, with him when he starts big school.'

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail
---

I fully expect her there; on the other hand it could well be that she won't go, it will drum up much more interest in her person & will make headlines if she pretends with this HG bs further and "misses poor little G's 1st day", as I said drums up interest and will sell much better when she "feels better" to go, a week or so later. It's a good way to interest people/ media even more.

---
PS

Kate is 'highly unlikely' to be well enough to take Prince George to school for his first day as she continues to battle severe morning sickness

Kate was expected to drop four-year-old son Prince George at school tomorrow
    Prince is starting at St Thomas's, Battersea, a fee-paying independent school
    But the Duchess of Cambridge has been poorly with Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4858496/Kate-highly-unlikely-able-George-school.html
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:33:29 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 06:04:04 pm »

If she's unable to see her son off, I am certain that she'll be blasted. I think she's at a point where she is in a no-win situation.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 06:12:53 pm »

I'm sure the brave fool will show up, puffy faced and smiling.  tehe

Beware the Gypsy Curse
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 06:43:35 pm »

^I am not so sure. This third sprog situation has not gone down well with the public, for many reasons as in Members Only section.  People see through her now, and the reception of the announcement has been pretty scathing on social media.  Maybe she does not want to show her face.  Love it if she does turn up, hope you are right, I am 50/50 on it.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 08:21:26 pm »

IF she shows up she will be dressed like Diana was for Willy boy's first day.
india
Princess

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 09:13:10 pm »

^ If she does this then she is a weirdo freak beyond compare.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2017, 01:42:28 am »

Each morning starts with a handshake, there's puy lentils for lunch and ballet is compulsory... but homework isn't: What's in store on Prince George's first day at school

First day in reception class at Thomas’s Preparatory School in Battersea
    If Mum and Dad are running late, there are no fewer than 24 after-school clubs
    Uniform available from that middle-class mecca, Peter Jones in Sloane Square

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4859782/Prince-George-s-day-school-starts-handshake.html

looky
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2017, 08:00:52 am »

^Well, that should go down a bomb with the bully boy, petulant sprog I. Sounds a bit namby pamby for a bruiser like him. As for ballet, hmmmmm, doesn´t quite look the ballet type does he.
Val
Princess

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 08:35:39 am »

^

Can't quite imagine him in ballet shoes in third position or doing a plié.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 08:53:27 am »

Video of Prince George arriving for his first day of school https://t.co/x8dSx0YQ3n

And 1 hour to reach there. Poor guy he does not seem to be very happy.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2017, 09:34:18 am »

I see no sign of council cath, shame on her.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:12 am »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4860664/Prince-George-arrives-day-school.html

No Kate but William.

Kate is too ill and so isn't able to go to see her first child start school.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2017, 10:24:28 am »

That first day at a new place, whether it's kinder or school always brings a butterflies in the tummy feeling when you are very small. It's that first step out into the world away from your family. I'm sure George will end up enjoying it though, and plenty to tell mum when he gets home.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2017, 12:18:01 pm »

Aww that video broke my heart a tiny bit bye He looks so nervous! But he did much better than I did on my first day, I cried my eyes out because I didn't want to go  Embarrassed

When I saw the pics I just thought he looks like a tiny grumpy Mike Midd! And finally, G can thank his lucky stars, he has fitting & comfortable shorts that don't embarrass him and don't hike up to his bits!
logically
courtier

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2017, 12:26:44 pm »

I saw the headline and a few pictures (I confess i did not read the article) and I was surprised that Kate wasn't there - guess you have it or have to keep up the storyline.  Thank god the kid has correct fitting shorts so he won't get looked at as spoiled loser in those awful ones they have been using for the last few years.  Does William own only 2 casual outfits?
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2017, 12:28:24 pm »

In the circumstances she could have made an effort, many of us aware that she could.  No doubt he will be looking forward to getting the security of nanny Maria when he gets home, she is the one he is always looking for, looked such a sad sould.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2017, 12:47:36 pm »

I just read a comment, and it's a good one, I agree with it: Without Kate, it went more calmly, smoothly. Kate would have been either a gurning maniac or look pretend-ill too much, whilst putting on her sole act in the role of "clotheshorse" in motion, all headlines would have been about K and her pretend HG and what she wore. Will performs much better when he's without Kate, and that rubs off on G. I think G is lucky K stayed home.

I'd still bet all I have that she stayed home deliberately. A quest for more sympathy, more headlines, and she doesn't have to worry about comments that she doesn't look ill enough/ like she doesn't have HG, as she just cancelled engagement(s?).

Nothing will convince me that she has HG or that she is too ill either way  bored3

I read it took them one frikkin hour to get to the school. Don't know if true, but that's ridiculous! If you live rural, ok, but in a city with schools at every turn and corner? Jeez. And also that long for a ridiculous ca 3 miles/ 6 km....  blink
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:49:45 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2017, 12:54:16 pm »

I have read it too. It takes one hour without traffic. Poor kid.

I cried so much the firt time I went to kinder that I could not stay afternoons until months later...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: