Royal Gossip
September 22, 2018, 01:01:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince George's First Day of School 7 September  (Read 8012 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« on: August 29, 2017, 09:41:43 pm »

William and Kate to walk Prince George through playground gates when he starts school next week

Prince George will be walked through the playground gates by parents William and Kate when he starts school for the first time next week.

The future king starts at Thomas’s Battersea next Thursday, Kensington Palace has announced.

A guide for parents and pupils published last week described life at the £17,604-a-year school as “busy” and “slightly chaotic”, and said its children come from families who speak a mix of 19 different families.

“A big, busy, slightly chaotic school for cosmopolitan parents who want their children to have the best English education money can buy,” the guide said.

“That is what they want and, to a large degree, that is what they get".

[...]

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/william-and-kate-to-walk-prince-george-through-playground-gates-when-he-starts-school-next-week-a3622456.html
Little light
Countess

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 10:23:28 pm »

I hope he likes school. I think with the way KM treats him, it would be a relief to be away from her.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 10:28:32 pm »

Nanny Maria and school may be the only bit of normalcy he sees in his life  sob
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 02:21:08 am »

Will there be a limit of how many photographers will be able to take pictures of Prince George on his first day of school?

Really A Baron
logically
courtier

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 05:10:16 am »

^ yes 1 and the name is Middleton so they can control the copyright
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 10:04:04 am »

Looks like only one photographer will be present, and surprise surprise, it's said to be Chris Jackson.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 04:02:04 pm »

^Beat me to it, I was going to say Chris Jackson.  Of course he photoshops like mad on their behalf, so don´t expect to see them looking au naturel, with CJ that does not happen,   -  he is also a lousy photoshopper, and to think he is being paid a shed load of money to do that.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 09:13:09 pm »

Poor Georgie. Dragged out again to make W&W look like loving parents. I hope he does okay.
Val
Princess

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 07:44:01 am »

^

His body language just shouts that he is uncomfortable with the duo and his eyes are always searching for Nanny Maria.
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 01:24:46 pm »

Future King, uh huh.  shifty
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 01:13:55 am »

I do think they should have sent him to a more nearby school; all that time in traffic is a logistical security nightmare.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 02:03:59 am »

Do you think that Catherine will take pictures of George?

Really A Baron
Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 11:51:26 am »

I am sure Wasty has her camera and Adobe Photoshop CS5 on the ready per Council Caro's strict orders.
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 02:14:58 am »

What if Catherine takes the pictures and declares "Leave well enough alone"?

Really A Baron
Little light
Countess

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 01:42:05 pm »

I don't think she will.

First day of all, she'll have the rights to the photos, thus bringing in money. That will be the official photo. Then she'll be
imitating PD by wearing an almost identical outfit so the press can run side by side photos bringing in more money to the vile Medds.  So Kate, as she insisted on being called by the BRF pre-engagement, will have someone else to take the photo with KM copying PDs pose and outfit.

So no. Kate won't take the photos. But will financially benefit from them. All in the name of raising George as 'normal'. In other words odds, she prevents the press making any money off the children so the Medds can be propped up financially as they are not as rich as the public assume. 
FrederickLouis
Countess

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 02:06:25 am »

Will Catherine's parents be on hand for George's departure?

Really A Baron
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 02:46:59 am »

I would expect so. I doubt that we will see them - hope not - but they will be there for their grandson's first day at school.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 11:40:19 am »

RACHEL JOHNSON: Kate must be mad to send Prince George three-and-a-half miles to school

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4847678/Rachel-Johnson-Kate-s-mad-school-choice-George.html

"as a battle-hardened veteran of the London school run, not to mention the endless kiddy parties and sports events to which one has to fetch and ferry, I’m also thinking that Battersea is a far cry from Kensington Palace. To be precise, it is three-and-a-half miles away across the capital’s clotted carriageways. Prince George is four.

Are the Cambridges insane?"

Yes

"Like everyone else, I assumed their first-born would be toddling off this week to somewhere a hop, skip and a jump from home so his little friends would be on hand for those all-important play dates, weekend activities, carol services, Nativity plays and so on."

This is exactly the reason why G is sent off so far away to school: so "his little friends" cannot come over for play dates & activities. No socializing with the plebs, please!

"I thought the tom-toms about Wetherby being the Prince’s first school sounded spot-on.

In their shoes, I’d have gone for it, too, though I might have been tempted by the CofE primary down the road, St Mary Abbots. It was good (and safe) enough for the Camerons’ children, and just think of the fantastic PR for the modernising Royals if they’d decided not to send their kids to private school, thus perpetuating our educational apartheid system… but still. Unlikely. Even in 2017."

Says it all, really.

"And then it was announced that young George was not going to Wetherby or one of the other nearby Poncey Preps. He was going even further than most London cabbies are willing to venture: south of the Thames. According to Google maps, last Friday at 3.30pm, ie before term has even started, it would have taken 36 minutes (‘heavy traffic as usual’, the directions advised) for the weary Prince to return home after his long day in the pottery room or on his tricycle on the rooftop playground of his Battersea school. From Wetherby? Three minutes."

Why would anyone not send their kids to one of the nearest schools, which are one of the best?huh If I were in their place, I wouldn't choose Wetherby's, because it's an all-boys school, but I would choose one of the next best closest to home where I can send both son & daughter.

If the Cambs use police to get G straight from home to school and back, that'll firstly (rightly so) cause huge lashback, as well as remove G even further from being "normal". Waste of money and putting oneself above everyone else. Secondly, it'll set the ground for G to grow up as pompous a*se thinking he's above and better than anyone else.

Whilst I never know wtf the Cambs ever think, this one kind of tops it all.
Lindsay
Baroness

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 01:41:49 pm »

^ I also think Kate is scared to send George where the aristocracy send their kids. Kate-Horror-Queen She knows she isn't liked, wanted, or respected by them. She is "punishing" for how they treated her by not allowing George to begin young, lifelong friendships with them. Also, at this school she'll be Queen Bee and able to swan around at pick up and drop off and flaunt her status to people who will actually be impressed (and will be less a wear of the way she got there.) I think her pride and insecurities have a lot to do with this decision.

So her choices will be blue and black:
http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/family/prince-george-v-prince-william-whose-first-day-at-nursery-was-cuter-11364032280314 (you have to scroll)

Red:
http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/news/education/prince-william-s-prep-school-opens-senior-school-in-heart-of-marylebone-1-4253807 (scroll)
http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/diana-princess-of-wales-takes-prince-william-to-his-first-news-photo/459555466?#diana-princess-of-wales-takes-prince-william-to-his-first-day-at-picture-id459555466

Or neutrals (Kate both loves beige and is the living embodiment of it):
http://www.gettyimages.co.nz/detail/news-photo/princess-diana-and-prince-william-leaving-after-delivering-news-photo/52100345?#princess-diana-and-prince-william-leaving-after-delivering-prince-to-picture-id52100345

Back to School Photo Gallery: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/g2733/prince-william-prince-harry-back-to-school-memories/

Or she loves to theme dress. She could be using a pencil box or a lunch box as a bag/crotch presser while dressed as a pencil.... easter-wink

Any bets?
I think mine is red. Why let George pull focus on his big day? Plus, Diana wore it twice.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:48:56 pm by Lindsay » Logged
Fernanda Nunes
Baroness

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 08:07:15 pm »

Ohh this boy is very cute, it must hurt the heart of father and mother to leave him in school and stay away from him for a few hours without being able to kiss, hug him all the time ... I am not a mother, but I believe for the mother and father to take the child on the first day at school should give this feeling of wanting the time to pass faster .... sigh

Motto for the year 2017: "Saying with a loud voice, Have fear of God and give him glory; because the hour of his judging is come; and give worship to him who made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of water." (AP 14:7).
http://icmaranata.pt/index.php - Portugal www.igrejacristamaranata.org.br, www.icm.org.br, http://radiomaanaim.com.br/v1/ - Brazil
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: