Royal Gossip
September 20, 2018, 08:05:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What TV show are you watching now/ Generally TV shows you like  (Read 1584 times)
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 12:51:04 am »

I'm watching 'Lucifer' at the moment,
It's about 'the devil' taking a break from hell and opening a nightclub in LA only to get dragged into a murder case.
basically it's like 'Castle' but with the devil instead of a writer as a female cop's sidekick.
OMG what a yummy devil that is!  hot
He has a british accent (the actor is a brit so duh!)
He oozes confidence and charm when he wants to but dang when he gets mad!  nervous
Oh and he sing's as well! sigh

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 01:35:25 am »

I absolutely love Lucifer!
And am always looking forward to the new series/ season of Aussie show A Place to Call Home!

I recommend watching "Tracey breaks the news", Tracey Ullman's latest show, has only about 3 episodes and each ca 30 min long.
Very funny, with digs at politicians, brexit, the royals, hollywood/ Weinstein and many other things. Enjoyed it a lot.
Can be found easily on youtube.

Also still the trainwreck that is 90 Day Fiance. Hilarious. What makes it even better is the reddit thread. Makes me laugh so hard!

The docu series Extreme wives with Kate Humble. Very good.
That reminds me of Ascent of Woman, also a very good docu series with Dr Amanada Foreman.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 02:20:12 am »

Peaky Blinders; a FAbULOUS show and I love the wit that each character has.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 02:27:44 am »

^I’ve wanted to see that.  Tx for reminder.

The Thrill of it All.  An oldie with Doris Day and yummy James Garner.  Cute.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 05:16:30 pm »

I like Kevin probably saves the world, Lucifer, Mom, Jane the Virgin is still ok, wouldn't recommend 9JKL - totally boring. There's new episodes of Will and Grace and they have nice punch lines. Very fond of the Mick too but the show I really love is Survivor.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 03:29:06 pm »

Just saw the latest episode of Lucifer, wow!!! Wish I could binge that, sadly we all have to wait for the next episode in late-ish January, seems ages away!!
What an amazing (fall) finale!!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 02:14:05 pm »

Binged on "Grace & Frankie" yesterday. Absolutely obsessed with this show ever since it first aired! Just *despise* *despise* *despise* cliffhanger endings to whole seasons/ in season finales. Gah! Hope they have another season, soon!

Started watching Smallville, for the first time, and amazing how the show doesn't seem dated!

Anyone watching Kevin Can Wait? I feel sorry for Erinn Hayes, who's been booted off in favour of Leah Remini, but boy the show is so much better with Remini, and with Remini & James it's a little like an alternate King of Queens universe and funnier!

Speaking of "Lucifer"; anyone watched "Miranda"? I binge watched that show a couple of years ago and loved it easter-egg-basket Such fun! easter-lol
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 01:20:39 pm »

HRHHOlya, you might be watching move shows than me. Yes on Lucifer, I love it. I still watch the Librabrians - I love this type of shows and it is still interesting. Kevin can wait is a good one for while I cook as it's not that funny but as a time waster is ok. I recently watched One day at a time. I love the character of Lydia and her sweet confidence. 
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 04:10:38 pm »

easter-lol Yeah, sounds like a lot, but the only thing I really religiously follow and can't wait for the next episode is Lucifer! (the last one was fantastic, I laughed a lot and love the Luci/ Pierce dynamic!)

The rest I watch similar to you, running in the background whilst I browse here, clean or cook, like Kev Can Wait (watching that one tbh mostly for Kev & Leah). I barely watch anything on TV, but rather online, so watch when I can or am in the mood (& bookmark a lot), that's why I watch shows and docus from all over the world and so many different ones... When you know where to look, you can find mostly anything, old & new  Embarrassed

I saw bits of the Librarians when I was watching satelite TV, and it seemed really good! I am likely to watch that at some point in the future when I have time.

I am a little hesitant to watch too many shows that are "newish", because US shows are unfortunately always so quickly cancelled, by the ridiculous "4 episode rule".. The other day I was browsing my sites and saw "The Resident", with Matt Czuchry in it, so watched it and it's a good show, shows the darker side of US healthcare for instance. And ohmigosh how much time do I have? I also watched the so far aired episodes of Burden of Truth with Kristin Kreuk, she's a big city lawyer in a small town for a case and it's intriguing so far. Those two shows though only enticed me because of Matt C and Kristin K, but they are so far worth it (though very new).

I find medical dramas a bit harder to watch these days, kind of too scary in the "this could be you/ a loved one" sense.. nervous
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 08:09:53 pm »

Vikings but I never get to watch it.

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2018, 12:52:55 am »

Binging on the Astronaut Wives Club.  About the pilot space program with the Mercury 7.  Good backstories of their wives issues and media sell.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 10:56:22 pm »

The 1st season of Burden of Truth has finished (10 ep in total) and it was really great. Has also been renewed for a 2nd season and I'm looking forward to it. I recommend the show (Canadian legal drama with Kristin Kreuk as female lead). The show moves at a good pace and there are no useless fillers, very satisfying to watch.
It's also been picked up in the US and will air this summer on the CW if any of you in the US are interested and can't watch it any other way..

The Resident is also still good.

Anyone seen For the People? It's a new US legal drama set in NYC and really good so far too!!

Does anyone here watch Modern Family? Is it just me or have the episodes lately (more like since ca. last season, not just "lately") somehow gone down the bog? I feel like it isn't that funny anymore and lacking overall. Also Gloria annoys me with her big gob and the stories around her.. spy dontknow
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2018, 09:58:06 pm »

Lucifer Cancelled at Fox

http://tvline.com/2018/05/11/lucifer-cancelled-season-4-fox-tom-ellis/

bye NOwhy easter-no sob thumbsdown
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2018, 06:49:25 am »

Modern family has become boring. I started skipping it. Same for Lucifer - no suspension left. Blindspot is still interesting for now.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2018, 07:41:06 am »

Sometimes when shows go on for too many seasons, the writers run out of ideas. In some cases it might be best to create a story over a certain number of seasons, and end it after that.

Re: Lucifer, the final episode of the season hasn't aired yet, but I don't like it when shows don't have a proper ending. Instead of canceling, they should give them a half season (10 episodes) and give the writers a chance to finish the story off.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2018, 12:08:29 pm »

^ I agree so much with this. Cancelled shows should be given a chance to wrap up their stories. And I like how in Britain they do it exactly like that, no shows go on forever. Downton Abbey is for British standards a "forever show", it went on too long.

Modern Family totally lost its spark mostly because it went on too long, all the kids have grown up, it kinda changed too much.
Lucifer had some bad things this season, weirdly it was said to be a sure thing they'd go on and 2 episodes have even been carried over for next season and possibly will now never be aired. Out of the blue it was all "watch this Monday for the ratings, otherwise it will be cancelled" and people watched, the ratings were up and it's regardlessly cancelled. I don't understand it at all.

Btw, How I Met Your Mother was made exactly like that, it was a concept that was supposed to go on for a set number of seasons and each season was lined out + ending (4 or 5 seasons), but then it was too much of a hit and went on much much longer, but they kept the "original" ending they had in mind and even shot around the time of the pilot. Disaster. Easiest the worst ending of a show I ever saw (not counting cliffhanger endings where they thought the show wouldn't be cancelled). Ruined HIMYM for good for me.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2018, 05:36:45 pm »

Yes. Same here for HIMYM. As for Lucifer - the happy ending is predictable and easy to see that the last episode is coming. His brother regained his wings last episode, the detective broke up with Marcus. Now we only need a confession of love and a kiss between Lucifer and the detective and there's no more possible twists. The only unknown for now is what is the happy ending for the demon and for Cain but if Cain decides to rule over hell and Mazikeen decides to be his trusted protector and head demon ... it's logical but it's also blah. We'll see next week but I predict a pretty boring series finale.
Little light
Countess

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2018, 10:05:23 pm »

Peter Kay's Car Share on British tv.

Moving, funny and warm.

A story of two employees, a man and a woman who have to car share, (orders from their employer) and their eventual friendship. I don't want to spoil it, but if it is on in your area, I would urge you to watch it.

I can't wait for the upcoming episodes of the end of the series.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2018, 08:24:21 pm »

^^ The last 2 episodes were so so so good!!! Also there's great hope Lucifer will be picked up by another channel, possibly CW. I hope so!! The finale was amazing. I think they wanted a sister to come next season, I think Azrael. dontknow Anyway, hope they get at least one more season with at least a minimum of 10 episodes to wrap everything up. I *despise* *despise* *despise* this cancelling and leaving things unfinished bs. Angry sauer thumbsdown

PS Shows should quit cliffhanger endings to seasons in a bid to get picked up. When has that misguided tactic ever worked? Also viewers won't come back because of cliffhangers. Sometimes I foget about shows until they come back on, in spite of great cliffhangers. No one's going to mope over months over a show! Cliffhangers to season endings should be forbidden, also this carrying over episodes bs like with Lucifer. 2 from last season into this, and 2 were axed (in spite of being filmed already!) from this season to be aired next, which might now never see the light of day. What idiots make these decisions or have this genious ideas??
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:29:53 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2018, 08:26:40 pm »

I'm watching The Markles.  It's writing itself in real time.  J/k sorta.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: