Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 09:07:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Kate Gotten Worse at This?  (Read 1659 times)
Lindsay
Baroness

« on: August 28, 2017, 09:17:25 pm »

I was looking through a GIF set of her first tour and while she didn't take the world by storm and did have one flashing incident she seemed so much better. She was comparatively warm, she hugged people behind the barricades which she hasn't done in ages (only the ones who she is forced to hug,who give her flowers, ect), she took compliments with a polite "thank you" not shooting it down with "its just makeup" (rude) Was it just her being new? Am I crazy? Is she better in GIFS? Even her online stans seem to have tapered of (most around 2014).
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 10:00:28 pm »

I wasn't aware of the forums at the time and didn't watch them too closely, but those who did and who were here and on other forums note that Kate was quite confident early on and became weird/ withdrawn/ inhibited/ I-don't-know-what-else-to-call-it when Will returned from the Falklands. She also (I think!) did after that fewer joint engagements with Charles & Liz et al. The general comment is "the light in her eyes switched off" or "the light's on but no one's home".

That being said, I think you're onto something and that goes in line with what many others have observed.

I look forward to Kate's panorama interview  eating cookies though just for the gossip, she won't garner really much sympathy or people's hearts, she can forget that. But I'm certain she could damage the Winds with what she's experiencing with them (that includes Will).
In all earnestness, I think she's gagged and won't be able to do much of a tell-all, but many things are bound to slip one day (soon?) and I do look forward to that, because it's going to happen & it's going to be sh*t-fest (hopefully before it's 2117!!).

Her stans have had to taper down at some point, simply because she doesn't do much (nothing, really, if we're honest), she lacks charisma, and even as hardcore stan you can defend her only so much for so long before packing your coffers. And some may have remained fans in a away, others will have seen the light and others yet may be stans as before but have no defence, as the evidence against Kate is too strong.
Lindsay
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 11:36:26 pm »

^ I hadn't heard the Falklands theory before so thank you! That actually fits and makes a lot of sense. I am ready to hear her tell all too. You make a great point regarding the stans.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 12:43:59 am »

Here's what I think:

I think while William was away the courtiers and RF showed open contempt and made their views of her bluntly clear and she has had more than a few yankings on her long leash. HM and Charles didn't treat her with kid gloves and the inner delusion that she is one of them is out of her system now and I don't think she knows how to handle it. She faced clear and open rejection for the first time in her life and she can't just run away from it like she could in the past.

At this point in time I think Kate has become broken and she can't leave; the BRF won't let her leave, they're going to make her pay for her antics in full and it's clear that she has been experiencing some major self loathing.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 01:49:09 am »

Kate appears to be able to be with her family and not have to spend time with disapproving in laws the way Diana did. What I'm waiting for is the royals giving her and William a full plate of royals that they are expected to complete.
Lindsay
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 02:15:31 am »

^^Interesting theory. Whatever they did really killed something inside of her. She wasn't incredible by any stretch of the imagination but she could hold a conversation, flash a genuine smile and convey some warmth.

Speaking of leash yanking: I actually think Charles hired the new Private Secretary. This one seems no nonsense and not BFF material. Unlike Rebecca she won't be there to play Twinsies and hold flowers and stuffed animals at eight engagements a year. I think she might be there to be the grown up.

^ They are the ones who have indulged this behavior for far too long. The fact that Willnot and Cannot nicknames suit them perfectly is telling. The Queen and Charles should have said NO to (well honestly Kate but too late) the fake jobs, the gap years, the excessive maternity/paternity leave, the adjustment periods, not living in London, on and on. She could not handle a full royal load and he simply won't do it. I also think if you try and separate her from her mother it will cause serious problems. They have a codependent relationship and she gets her marching orders from her mother. Also her mother seems to help hold together the marriage by preparing Will's snacks and taking his side in arguments and cajoling her daughter to apologize.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 02:35:03 am »

Agree; Kate and William NEVER should have been indulged.

They had TEN YEARS to have fun and no more time and space. The biggest mistake everyone makes about the 'fun' years is that kids will magically change after a certain point and they do not, it takes years to become a certain kind of person. WK were never going to just change overnight.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
LadyLaura
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 03:47:59 am »

In the beginning, the entire first year of marriage was like a honeymoon, I think kate thought it was going to be easy and even fun...she got her hopes and confidence up because it seemed the golden goose was finally laying its eggs in her lap.
Then she got a rude awakening  eating cookies Then she realized that she would have to pull her weight, and work. she had to get up earl and go out among the peasants and make an effort, be a grown up. she had to do That which was beyond her. It's been a downhill ride for her ever since as can be attested by the pictures of her dramatic decline  flower
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 03:13:11 pm »

Yes, I absolutely saw a difference in Kate sometime after the first year.   From the engagement announcement through at least the first year (my timeline is fuzzy), Kate seemed excited and tried and looked her best (ya know . . . with what she had to work with), and Charles asked her to step in for him at a reception and called her his darling daughter.   Then, as someone said, it was like a switch was clicked.  She died inside and has never been the same.

I myself don't think it had to do with courtiers. I think it was something to do with William or maybe she didn't know she couldn't have a baby and realized she was in deep weeds and thus the dark chapter of the pregnancies began.

Don't know.  But, yes, she definitely changed.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 03:08:19 am »

Possibly Willy flaunting Jecca and or finding out she can't have a baby is what changed her. Or maybe this is the REAL Waity, lazy, rude, and conceited.
logically
courtier

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2017, 05:13:27 am »

^ I vote that it is the true Waity!  all of these are characteristics hinted at by comments from others and she demonstrated when she was still selling herself to get the job of wifey.  She jsut stopped the sales pitch when she got the job.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 05:30:46 am »

she dropped the pitch once she was wed and spent all her time in London, but snubbed the Court and refused to work.

Thing is, that during a brief time there was talk about how she was going to go to fashion shows and open up a charity shop, then the way she was going to design the uniforms of her servants and all sorts of blather about how she was going to become an international icon.

Then the reality set in.

Kate was likely told she would not be getting to go to Milan fashion week, she would not be designing anything, and she would not be jetting around opening a charity shop. Any kind of entrepreneurial activities have been squashed and the reality of how she threw her life away has descended to pieces. She no longer is at all able to hope of a life of glamor, of being feted by world leaders, and going to fashion shows and being the guest of honor.

Her hopes and aspirations ended once she had that ring on her finger, but she didn't realize it until after the Court told her she wasn't going to get what she wanted. She reminds me of teen mothers who realize that all their fun years are over before they began and they have to be adults and look after a kid. Kate is kind of like a mother to William and that is how she's going to have to remain.

Meanwhile her less constrained peers are currently living it up to the full and enjoying life to the max. Out and about, building businesses, indulging in love affairs, and currently all of them are free from a lot of burdens, while hers only increase. She has two kids and a dolt husband who isn't interested in romancing her at the top places in the world like Paris or Italy and it is clear that she's yearning for a man to charm her, to woo her, to care about her. Pity she threw that away too.

india
Princess

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2017, 12:38:05 pm »

I do not feel sorry for Council Cath at all. She wanted it and she got it. Now deal with it.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2017, 02:26:29 pm »

Considering how much time, money and human hours have been spent to get Kate to the simple point of not showing off her upper thighs (and worse), I think she's been an abysmal failure and hasn't improved much.  The big thing for me is I still have no idea what her personality is, if she even has one worth the role.  I really don't.  I don't get the impression that she truly cares about any of her causes and she always comes across as a reluctant royal.  I'm sick of it and all this shows me is that, underneath all the makeup and phony hair pieces she's pretty much an empty shell and completely out of touch with people which, frankly, is her one public, tax-funded job.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 01:07:59 am »

Since when has Kate ever gotten the point of anything?

She went to uni to land a man instead of get a good education to get a career and make a living.
While dating William and the public wanted to get to know her, she sued everyone around her and isolated herself.
During the engagement period, she was leaking blatant lies about everything, despite this being a period of being time to come clean.
During the first year she refused to build any kind of relationships with her charities and didn't spend time with the courtiers despite being in London frequently.
Refused to be a military wife by living on base and bonding with the military wives.
She has married into a family that she slandered constantly and doesn't want to be around and shares zero interests.
Lets not get started on motherhood.

Her entire life has been one of missing the point of things and this shouldn't be a surprise. She isn't even all that privileged before she married in since surely her family was living on loans and credit. She was not someone who was raised with bodyguards and secrecy and she was never someone used to the royal way of life.

Snowpea
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 01:22:20 pm »

Considering how much time, money and human hours have been spent to get Kate to the simple point of not showing off her upper thighs (and worse), I think she's been an abysmal failure and hasn't improved much.  The big thing for me is I still have no idea what her personality is, if she even has one worth the role.  I really don't.  I don't get the impression that she truly cares about any of her causes and she always comes across as a reluctant royal.  I'm sick of it and all this shows me is that, underneath all the makeup and phony hair pieces she's pretty much an empty shell and completely out of touch with people which, frankly, is her one public, tax-funded job.

Exactly - but all her life she's had to do her mother's bidding and now she's in a nightmare of her own making. She made her bed with 600 thread count sheets Council Caro bought for her. Her personality always was to be overshadowed by stronger and more militant ones. Probably ANY female who has had any dealings with Billy and Harry would have to take backseat to the Diana Shadow, so would have to play up to and use that to ensnare and appease them. Both she and MM are manipulators of the highest order, and contrary to popular opinion, manipulators are not very secure or talented individuals. Those who have merit and talent don't NEED to con, pretend, and manipulate. They don't need to play the victim. Yes, she is a troubled, unhappy individual, but it's up to her to decide what she can and cannot put up with. We all have more choices than we realize.
logically
courtier

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 02:58:57 am »

I've been noticing how out of sight (or looking dreadful in that picture of her in the car in Scotland).  Do you think Ma realized (cause WK can't realize anything on her own) how bad Wk looks in comparison to Diana and it would only be more clear and exacerbated by the deluge of Diana these past weeks.  They thought  WK would be the next people's princess but she is the exact opposite.   They are hiding out and can't wait for this stuff to end so they can try to avoid the comparisons.  But they want the comparisons when they are to their advantage hence from walking behind a funeral procession to walking Diana grandkid to school (just like granny diana would do).  They will be back to exploit only to show the glaring difference in the 2 ladies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: