Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 06:44:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diet/Healthy Eating Thread  (Read 86 times)
Rebecca
Baroness

« on: August 07, 2017, 06:06:59 pm »

So I have a milestone birthday (35) coming up in November. I have just had my 4th child almost 6 months ago and have been super stressed with child related health issues and such lately. As a result, I have been basically totally unconcerned with my diet and have been stress/emotional eating a lot.

I tend to gain weight easily, especially if I ever eat at night, and do best on a low carb diet. I now have quite a bit of weight to lose (like 40ish pounds) and am planning to get really serious about this and handle it before I turn another year older in November. I have been quite successful in the past with diet and exercise, but I have also had a few false starts and issues with motivation and willpower.

I plan to begin a 100 day no sugar and low carb diet starting on Aug 9 and finishing on my birthday (Nov 17) to get healthy and feeling better (and looking better). Is anyone else interested in joining me in this undertaking? Or maybe just reading about it? I think updating here regularly will help hold me more accountable each day of the choices I make and in maintaining the motivation to say no even when I want to say yes.... Surely I can still have a virtual cookie, though....easter-lol  eating cookies
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:04:31 pm »

I will love to be cheering on the side. So update all you want.  loveshower

I am a bit younger than you but even then I notice that the kilos go away much more difficult. I noticed that avoiding sugar (no sugar on yoghurts, teas....) and walking a bit more than usual helped the last few kilos. Also not a lot of cookies or anything when menstruating which was my weaknesses every month. Even now I still eat a bit more than I should but we still deserve cake from time to time and we should not feel guilty for it.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 08:17:58 pm »

^^Congratulations on choosing a healthy and balanced lifestyle!  Sugars are not my friends at all.  Now, if I have cake or anything, I feel jittery and unwell.  About the only sugar I'll take is a drizzle of agave or honey on my oatmeal.  I also gave up wheat and rye and felt better in a day or so.  That was hard but it's worth it for me.

Walking or swimming are, per my docs, along with regular but mild weight resistance (yoga is perfect) are the best for the body.  Hip, back, and knee surgeons just love runners and joggers, in other words.

Here's to your good health and I look forward to hearing your successes.  easter-bunny

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 09:42:45 pm »

Good luck, Rebecca!  I am older than you and found that the best solution for me was to haul my hiney out of bed at 5:00 a.m. three mornings a week for Pilates.   It lowered my sugar cravings and appetite while getting the body and mind  into shape.   It's hard to do that kind of thing when you have small children at home, so I'll cheer for you with your diet.    flower
deGuernsey
Baroness

Failte

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 11:32:56 pm »

^ I expected to have a little precious one in my arms but I don't. I won't go into details but it has been extremely hard to deal with. I now feel better but I still have baby weight to lose and then I got sick, sick, sick and I piled on the weight. I want my 100lb, 19 inch waist body back!! Wah!!  Jajaja!!! I have begun stretching, step aerobics, skip rope and light weight training. It's awesome! But I really want to say I just discovered detox green smoothies! Try them, they are healthy and delicious!  Thanks for starting this thread. If you don't mind I join in and please post your updates and tips.   thankyou
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:35:00 pm by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 02:00:37 pm »

Ah yuck, losing weight! It's always hard in spite of young age, esp when just looking at sth sweet makes you gain weight and then having a hormonal imbalance on top! I wish losing were easier than gaining, but alas, it's the other way round  sob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: