Royal Gossip
August 17, 2017, 06:46:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The fabulous nerve of the woman! Diana's Revange by Jan Moir  (Read 328 times)
dianab
Countess

« on: August 07, 2017, 12:13:08 am »

The fabulous nerve of the woman! Diana would have LOVED her intimate tapes being aired, says JAN MOIR, as they show her in a golden light, heartbreakingly vivacious - and will haunt Charles

Just when you think there could be no more fresh nuggets to be panned amid the tragic detritus on the royal riverbed, here comes Diana: In Her Own Words (C4).
This new documentary, featuring recordings she made with her voice coach, revealed that Princess Diana saw herself as 'a fat Sloane Ranger', while Charles was someone who 'followed me around like a puppy'.
That was in the beginning, of course, when she couldn't have known that the end was bearing down upon her with unspeakable haste.
We also learn that Charles and Diana met just 13 times before getting married and afterwards had sex 'once every three weeks before it fizzled out'.

No wonder there has been so much antipathy towards this programme being aired. Not because of what Diana does or does not say.
More that in this dark Windsor whirlpool, what comes swirling to the surface once more is an awareness of just how badly the royals treated the vulnerable Diana all those years ago. A woman who, after all, only wanted to be loved.
Yet the bigger conflict at the heart of In Her Own Words is the issue of the tapes being made public in the first place.
Some, including her brother Earl Spencer and many commentators close to Prince Charles, have contended that this is a private film, as sacrosanct as a diary with a key turned fast in the clasp.

Prince William and Prince Harry have remained silent, but elsewhere the mood emanating from the House of Windsor is that of pearl-clutching horror, sanctimoniously disguised as concern for the late princess and her memory.
It is not what she would have wanted, they moan, reaching for the smelling salts as they pull up the drawbridges – but haven't we been here before? Here is history repeating itself as those who wish to silence Diana once more do so to protect themselves, not her.
Actually, I think that Diana would love these videotaped sessions from 1992 being broadcast. Adore it! For the recordings show her in a golden light; rueful, amused, heartbreakingly vivacious and beautiful, noble in her obvious loneliness.

Here she is, scalded but brave, brushing up her oratorical skills as she prepares to embark on a new and independent life following her split from Prince Charles. The fabulous nerve of the woman!

And in truth, very little of what Diana says is new, shocking or can be unknown to her sons – although it is fascinating and yes, a little intrusive, to hear it from her own lips.
Perhaps no son or daughter really wants to know about mummy and daddy's sex life or the fact that she wanted to run away with a former bodyguard (Barry Mannakee), who was 'the best fellow I ever had'. However, if the princes have managed to cope with the bald fact of their father's mistress (now wife) for all these years, then surely they can cope with this.
Giggling on her candy-striped sofa, Diana is around 30 years old but seems much younger. With the eye-rolling goofiness of a teen relating her schoolgirl crushes to a rapt audience in the Mallory Towers dorm, she burbles on with enthusiasm. She is very funny about the night she and Charles started dating; all it took to get him interested was for her to empathise over the recent death of Lord Mountbatten.

How the Windsors must be dreading this 20th anniversary of her death and the poor light it casts upon them. Especially Charles and Camilla, who have done everything possible to rinse away their rackety past and reconstitute themselves in the public's affections.
Yet even they cannot escape this past that will not die. Attempts to stop this documentary show how the powers that be tried and failed – yet again – to control the Diana narrative.
Once more her voice is heard above the royal hubbub. And don't say she wouldn't love that.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4766188/Jan-Moir-Diana-Words.html#ixzz4p1HaGQFm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:18:36 am by dianab » Logged
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 09:12:09 pm »

I think Jan Moir is somewhat right. Diana is certainly dominating the headlines these months again and most people seem to come to her defence, so all in all that's good news for Diana.
She might've gone first, but it looks like she'll nonetheless have the last laugh...
dianab
Countess

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 11:19:14 pm »

crockery was rolling on Clarence House... no doubt about that.... I was surprised this author said as William and Harry have put up with Camilla all this years then obviously they could cope with this tapes
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 11:22:02 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 10:26:00 am »

These tapes were in the public domain for years. I think William and Harry already have been very familiar with their contents.  I think they tolerated Camilla but they don't spend much time with her.  Camilla has not been seen that much in public lately.  Maybe the tribute to her by william and Harry really sent the crockery flying at CH
india
Princess

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 12:29:45 pm »

William and Harry are stupid beyond words.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 06:14:43 am »

William and Harry are not stupid beyond words.   They were remembering their mother.  Dreadful thing to say.

Val
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 06:33:32 am »

The Patrick Jephson book 'Shadows of a Princess' is a very interesting read by someone who worked very closely with her for many years.  Whilst obviously devoted and loyal to her in many ways, it portrays the real Diana as the public never knew her.   As shown several times in the vid she wasn't the person the public knew and loved.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 06:40:01 am »

^Warning.  Next time, a two week ban.  We do not judge or attack other posters directly here and it will not be tolerated, Tatiana. For all members: If anyone has a problem, you inform a moderator. YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 06:42:12 am »

A personal message would have sufficed.  Thank You.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 06:48:45 am »

^Yes, it would have if you'd done that in the first place if you'd had a concern.  Am I to take your post as an attack or lecture to a Moderator?  Answer quickly, please.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 06:51:59 am »

How you take anything is up to you Yoop.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 07:19:06 am »

^I do believe I'm smart enough to figure that out.  You'll find an explanation of your status here in your inbox.  YM

dianab
Countess

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 01:18:11 pm »

The Patrick Jephson book 'Shadows of a Princess' is a very interesting read by someone who worked very closely with her for many years.  Whilst obviously devoted and loyal to her in many ways, it portrays the real Diana as the public never knew her.   As shown several times in the vid she wasn't the person the public knew and loved.

His loathe for his former boss, who was very inconvenient to his career ie. his relations with St James Palace and BP, shined through the book.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: