Royal Gossip
November 22, 2017, 11:46:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are "Modern Royals" Bringing Down the Monarchy?  (Read 311 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: July 26, 2017, 04:47:15 am »

Is this so called push to modernize monarchies actually bringing down the entire system?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 04:51:02 am »

Oh, definitely!  Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivRKfwmgrHY

I haven't played since I stopped
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 05:30:44 am »

The more "normal" they act, the more the public will question their purpose. Honestly, I think it's the history and existing structures (palaces, etc) that draw tourists, not the people currently occupying positions. I could have given two craps about running into an actual royal while I was there. I was more concerned about seeing Diana's dresses at Kensington and Victoria's throne at Buckingham than anything else.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 05:42:04 am »

I do know that I am sick of the self pity and sick of the BS about the 'fairy-tale;' if you asked me about the biggest threat to the institution of monarchy today, it would be the fairy-tale and I am fed up with the courtiers and aristocracy being demonized as a bunch of evil people who lack any sense of humanity and the commoner is always portrayed as a saintly selfless quirky dork who is only going to make everything so much better and so much more hip. I am fed up with how anyone who is responsible and conscientious is portrayed as uptight and too strict and way too one negative thing after another. I'm sick of the ingratitude that characterizes so many 'modern' royals. Few of them have any stamina for anything other than self indulgence and too many of them are endlessly determinedly ignorant.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Val
Princess

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 08:41:04 am »

^
100% agree and their wanting to modernise the Monarchy has already put it on a fast slippery slope to its demise.   The Republicans are only giving it a few more years to survive too.
india
Princess

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 03:31:52 pm »

"Familiarity breeds contempt." This is a very old expression which is totally applicable in this situation. 
marion
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 05:32:57 pm »

Well said  thumbsup
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 06:04:13 pm »

I do believe the best way for the royals to survive is to stop begging people to feel sorry for them. Stop publicly whining about not having choices and exercise the ones you do have and earn the rest. As far as I'm concerned, I do believe that alone would enable the royals to lead more effective lives. If they owned their privileged life and stopped basically pretending to have anything in common with the ordinary person, I am certain that they would get more respect. If they learned languages and bettered themselves in any way they could, I am sure that they would be able to live life with a lot less hassle.

HRH Tiana of NOLA
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 09:29:18 pm »

Spot on, India!

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 09:55:00 pm »

"Familiarity breeds contempt."
This is a very old expression which is totally applicable in this situation.

I think it's kind of a two-way street; a lot of people (like the Middletons) need to stop acting like they have the right to just walk into the life of a royal and start either partying or distracting them. When William went to university he was supposedly left alone, but Kate kept following him around and pestering him and basically pushed her way in. Then she mooches by first going on vacations and the moving in with him on his dime. Royals have to stop pushing their way into situations where a mess occurs and basically need to get on in with life, the life that was set up for them and be thankful that they don't have to struggle half as much.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: