Royal Gossip
August 15, 2018, 02:02:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Windsors (Harry Enfield Comedy)  (Read 569 times)
HRHOlya
Duchess

« on: July 08, 2017, 10:08:53 pm »

Anyone watching The Windsors with Harry Enfield as Charles? Just watching the 1st ep of season 2 and laughing myself silly, it's hilarious!
Here's a little clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHfl5RJ9VL8
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 08:01:12 pm »

>> Prince William loves 'gypsy' Kate in Channel 4's The Windsors

PRINCE William is a huge fan of The Windsors and finds the portrayal of his wife Kate as a gypsy traveller “hilarious”, say friends.

The Duke of Cambridge “loves “watching the Channel 4 show, starring Harry Enfield as his father Prince Charles, which returned for a second series last Wednesday.

The parody, which has courted criticism for storylines such as the Duchess of Cambridge catching ebola and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie being radicalised, is a “must watch” at Kensington Palace.

A royal insider said: “The Duke finds The Windsors absolutely hilarious. He loves it. He finds the whole ‘Kate is a gypsy’ thing particularly funny. He watched the whole of the first series and will be tuned in for the second.”

The Windsors tells the story of the Royal Family reimagined through the lens of a soap opera.

Although the stories are completely fictional, they are inspired by real events.

Camilla, played by Haydn Gwynne, is depicted as a cartoon villain hellbent on becoming Queen, while Kate (Louise Ford) is portrayed as a gypsy traveller who doesn’t fit in.

Her sister Pippa, played by Morgana Robinson, is represented as a jealous attention seeker who sleeps with Prince Harry and tries to seduce William as well. <<

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/826315/Prince-William-Kate-Channel-4-The-Windsors-TV-Royal-Family
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 06:42:32 pm »

found this on netflix last night, laughed my bottom off  easter-lol
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 06:50:26 pm »

That is hilarious!  Do we get that, I wonder, in the States.  Sure gonna find out!  Gypsy Curse! 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HennyPenny
gossip insider

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 05:36:38 am »

^ Both seasons are on Netflix. I will be looking binge watching this weekend. tehe tehe
annecros
courtier

What I am is what I am are what you are or what?

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 02:02:46 pm »

It is on Netflix and I found it yesterday and binge watched it! The cat fights are delicious! And the actress that plays Princess Anne - OMG! Very well cast, well written and yes well acted! I have no idea how some of the actors keep a straight face in some of these scenes.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 06:01:46 pm »

The Anne parts were some of the best!

If anyone doesn't have Netflix and similar, the whole series is online on free streaming websites. Just make sure to have ad blockers and pop up blockers and you're good to go. Even without you shouldn't have problems, but they are annoying, to say the least.
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 08:39:15 pm »

my favorites are charles, camilla and anne and pippa....
I found it a bit annoying that kate is cast as the sensible caring humanitarian....oh please  easter-lol
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 09:00:14 pm »

^ That annoyed me too. Sometimes they got Kate kinda almost well, but mostly: nope.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 01:44:48 pm »

A wickedly witty royal send up, but are the Windsors watching? CHRISTOPHER STEVENS reviews last night's TV

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5733795/CHRISTOPHER-STEVENS-reviews-nights-TV.html

The summary alone is worth a read, in case you can't watch! tehe
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: