Royal Gossip
August 19, 2017, 07:28:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbledon July 3rd  (Read 2783 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2017, 04:15:52 pm »

We've seen that look before! How Kate embraces Diana's signature polka dot print when she needs a confidence boost on royal occasions

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4664100/How-Kate-embraces-Diana-s-signature-polka-dot-print.html#ixzz4ls7lqFhV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This woman had almost 10 years prior to marriage and 6 years afterwards to know what it takes to be in her position, but they're still selling this nonsesne that she lacks confidence to get on with the job.  bored3  Diana had little to no time prior to marriage to know the ins and outs of Charle's position, yet she went out there and just got on with it and thrived despite her personal struggles.

Keep Calm and Carry On
sandy
Princess

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2017, 04:55:50 pm »

And she got on with it despite Camilla. I wonder if Kate will step up to duties. She is leaving the kids for the "fun" things.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2017, 01:23:00 pm »

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron of @Wimbledon, accompanied
by The Duke, will attend the Gentlemen's Singles Final of #Wimbledon on Sunday.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Val
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2017, 09:59:11 pm »

^

Let's hope that there is none of that silly affected hand clapping and gaping mouthed guffawing
The public are so tired of them in  the best seats at every event, they are so undeserving of the perks and riches.  Let's hope that there are no flashes when Waity does the presentation either.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2017, 10:58:21 pm »

^We can hope, but we know that won't happen.

I haven't played since I stopped
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2017, 03:02:02 pm »

Kate and William take their place in the Royal Box but Pippa and Carole are consigned to the cheap seats to watch Roger Federer take an early lead in bid record eighth men's Wimbledon title

Roger Federer takes on Croatian Marin Cilic in the men's singles final on Centre Court at 2pm on Sunday
    The Swiss, who has not dropped a set in the tournament, is bidding to win a record eighth men's singles titles
    British women's number two Heather Watson plays after, against Jamie Murray in the mixed doubles final
    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Theresa May and Sadiq Khan are among those cheering the stars on

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4700854/Stars-Wimbledon-Roger-Federer-v-Marin-Cilic.html
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2017, 05:50:50 pm »

I wonder if Katie Hopkins' article had something to do with that.  Cheap seats for Carole and Pippa.  Twice since that article came out.

I haven't played since I stopped
Val
Duchess

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2017, 06:13:47 pm »

Wasn't Waity supposed to present something?   Perhaps the worry of a certain crotch or butt flash put paid to that.

The Pipster in the cheap seats had the most horrendous frock on which people are referring to as like a flowered shroud.  Ma's as usual looked a complete unkempt mess.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2017, 10:48:00 pm »

I thought she took over from the DUke of Kent in presenting Trophies. What happened? Usually a royal presents this, this was a long established tradition.
logically
courtier

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2017, 11:07:40 pm »

^ I too was looking for the presentation pictures.  It has been said several times that she would present.  Perhaps I was duped by the PR people MaMidds hires to write articles to force into reality what Ma wants to become a reality. 
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2017, 11:27:00 pm »

Kate's Patron of the All England Lawn Tennis Association (Wimblidon etc) not President. The Queen was Patron for decades and hardly ever turned up (not interested in tennis) nor presented trophies. The Duke of Kent is President of the All England etc etc and so presents the trophies. He's done so for many years. In the past his Duchess used to present the trophies to female winners.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2017, 12:20:37 am »

He did not come out to present the trophy either. I think he did last year.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 12:40:28 am »

The Duke of Kent did present the trophy to Federer. I had to go to sleep before the end of the Mixed Doubles so don't know if he presented that but he most certainly did present Federer with his trophy.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 01:35:36 am »

I was watching ESPN. The announcer ESPN announcer congratulated Federer. I did not see the Duke of Kent in the coverage. Maybe it was the coverage of ESPN.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 02:04:22 am »

Waity was in the strands with idiot Wills when the trophy was presented, so she didn't present the trophy. Federer did great her with 3 cheek kises though when he was off the court and behind the scenes where the players have to walk to meet and great their supporters and past winners, staff and so called royalty.

Keep Calm and Carry On
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2017, 03:50:29 am »

I was watching ESPN. The announcer ESPN announcer congratulated Federer. I did not see the Duke of Kent in the coverage. Maybe it was the coverage of ESPN.

Did ESPN provide live coverage of the actual presentation or just talk over it?

The coverage we had was of the actual presentation with the British people on the ground doing the speaking - not the commentators we had so we heard Sue Barker welcome the Duke of Kent onto the court and saw him speak to the ball-kids, congratulate the umpire and the event organiser before presenting the trophies to Cilic and then to Federer.

https://i1.wp.com/royalcentral.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Screen-Shot-2017-07-16-at-16.12.03.png?resize=320%2C179 The Duke of Kent presenting the runner's up trophy to Cilic

https://i2.wp.com/royalcentral.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Screen-Shot-2017-07-16-at-16.11.03.png?resize=999%2C552 The Duke of Kent presenting the winner's trophy to Federer with Cilic clearly visible in the background.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/other/the-duke-of-kent-presents-wimbledon-trophy-to-roger-federer-who-wins-his-8th-final-85434 The article from which the images come - with a poll result at the end suggesting that Kate should be presenting the trophies rather than the Duke - who has been doing it for 49 years now.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2017, 08:52:12 am »

Lots of talking over it.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2017, 05:05:28 pm »

Did ESPN provide live coverage of the actual presentation or just talk over it?
The coverage we had was of the actual presentation with the British people on the ground doing the speaking - not the commentators we had so we heard Sue Barker welcome the Duke of Kent onto the court and saw him speak to the ball-kids, congratulate the umpire and the event organiser before presenting the trophies to Cilic and then to Federer.
https://i1.wp.com/royalcentral.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Screen-Shot-2017-07-16-at-16.12.03.png?resize=320%2C179 The Duke of Kent presenting the runner's up trophy to Cilic
https://i2.wp.com/royalcentral.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Screen-Shot-2017-07-16-at-16.11.03.png?resize=999%2C552 The Duke of Kent presenting the winner's trophy to Federer with Cilic clearly visible in the background.
http://royalcentral.co.uk/other/the-duke-of-kent-presents-wimbledon-trophy-to-roger-federer-who-wins-his-8th-final-85434 The article from which the images come - with a poll result at the end suggesting that Kate should be presenting the trophies rather than the Duke - who has been doing it for 49 years now.

A PR campaign won't take that role away from a man who has done it for so long that to take it away would in fact hurt him deeply. This isn't how the system works and I am sick of how this system is supposedly being pushed to adhere to the most fashionable opinion. Kate can't dress right or bother with her other patronages and frankly she still has to earn respect. She has no business taking something that someone else has held for so long. It's not how this way of life works and there's no need to change. Kate should get a life of her own (way overdue) instead of trying to take someone else's.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2017, 05:11:01 pm »

Kate can wait until the Duke is good and ready to step aside. People who have followed Wimbledon for decades remember the Kents presenting the trophy,. Princess Marina of Kent, the Duke's mother was a much beloved figure who gave out the trophies--even when she was ill with cancer (towards the end of her life). Her daughter in law, Catherine, took on the role, then Catherine's husband the Duke of Kent. Kate seemed to want to pounce on being patron right away. She should earn her keep first; she and William look for the "fun" things to do and William even participated in victory parties with the teams.

https://www.google.com/search?q=princess+marina+of+kent+wimbledon&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjz9oSqnJPVAhXD64MKHULxADEQsAQIMw&biw=1280&bih=864#imgrc=g3gH6YdH7lrsjM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=catherine+duchess+of+kent+wimbledon&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIzKDDnJPVAhVqxYMKHSKiBEgQ_AUIBygC&biw=1280&bih=864#imgrc=WySBkjEwlQd_gM:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 05:13:33 pm by sandy » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: