Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 04:41:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wimbledon 2017  (Read 3846 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: June 27, 2017, 02:19:20 pm »

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess, Patron of @Wimbledon, will attend The Championships on Monday 3rd July #Wimbledon2017

Before play starts HRH will meet a number of #Wimbledon staff, including stewards, the medical & safety teams, and the ball boys & girls.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:14:09 pm by Alexandrine » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:39:01 pm »

easter-lol

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 02:41:37 pm »

She's probably meeting the staff so that she can claim her going to watch a match as working, she thinks she's sleek  X-Mas_rolleyes .  
india
Princess

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 03:31:19 pm »

She's an ignorant exhibitionist.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 03:52:41 pm »

She will be a hard day! What a job! 

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 05:19:20 pm »

Maybe hoping Ben Ainslie will be there, we know how she likes to eye up his leg with a view to humping it  easter-lol easter-lol easter-lol
Val
Princess

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 05:56:17 pm »

Negative comments everywhere on how people are heartily sick of these undeserving shirkers always getting the best seats at all events, matches, concerts etc etc.  We will also have to put up with Cath and probably the pipster and ma's ridiculous affected method of hand clapping.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 09:03:50 pm »

^I really am amazed at how the Brits haven't demanded a referendum about all of this. Patronages usually come after a long slog, but go figure, Kate is William's doxy for a decade and suddenly has all this showered on her. Everyone has a right to be angry and frustrated that she gets all this on their backs.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 08:21:39 am »

^She's still campaigning to replace the Duke of Kent, lord I pray we never get to see the day that woman walks onto center court to had out the trophies  nomorekate .
india
Princess

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2017, 07:48:13 pm »

^She will be swishing out there doing a striptease the whole way.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2017, 10:27:59 pm »

^Maybe she could treat the public to a bit of pole dancing along the way, she is good at displaying her private parts to the world at large.  You can just see her making up to the pole that holds up the net, pretending it is the leg of Ben Ainslie  -  now that would make some good photos on all the media front pages  easter-lol easter-lol easter-lol
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 10:54:17 pm »

Kate and the Duke of Kent have different positions at Wimbledon. Kate took over from the Queen as the Patron while the Duke has been the President for decades. She doesn't want his role at all. Unlike the Queen though she will attend on more occasions than the previous patron attended (two to three times in over 50 years of having the position) while Kate will attend about that often or more every year. It will be interesting to see how many visits are classed as official visits and whether she does any of the other things that the Duchess of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent do in regard to their different roles with tennis in the UK.

The main reason why the British parliament won't call a referendum on the position of the BRF is that they know that all the polls are showing support for the monarchy well over 75% consistently since the mid-1870s. At its lowest level, 20 years ago, the figure didn't drop below 70% even though support for Charles was below 50%. It is now around 60% with William and Kate well over 70%. The comments in the DM aren't necessarily reflective of the British public as a whole as many of the posters aren't even British. Polls may be out but not by 25 percentage points and so having a referendum would be a waste of money and the British have enough money worries, along with political issues to deal with rather than worry about the status of the BRF and the fall-out from that while trying to extricate themselves from the EU and while the Queen is on the throne.

Maybe when the Queen dies the figures may change but more likely her death and then the excitement of a coronation, along with a possible investiture of William as Prince of Wales will mean no way it would pass then either. Not until William is King and been on the throne for a number of years turning the people against him will anything change. In Australia both sides of politics have already indicated no new vote on a republic until after the Queen's passing and both the PM and the leader of the opposition are republicans but even so - no vote - latest polls show it wouldn't pass down here either (William and Kate are too popular - not to mention Harry).
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 02:27:52 am »

^ I don't believe W,K&H are all that popular. What have they done to earn such popularity? Lots of scandals, whining about the press, etc. And people are tired of hearing about their mother. Polls can be manipulated based on who is asked...

I don't see a republic coming while HM is still alive, she has served for many years and is an old lady. But when C&C hit the throne? I'm not sure how long the monarchy will last. The Windsors will need to be very careful about whining and W/K/H will need to step it up and work full time like those who are funding their lifestyle (yes, they are obviously wealthy but that doesn't mean they're using their own money). Remember a lot of people in the UK are immigrants with no loyalty to the BRF or the class system.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 04:16:00 am »

^ The polls you mention are conducted by companies like YouGov, which are solid and reliable. YouGov got the results of the last election right and are regarded as one of the top two companies who conduct such surveys. There are a lot of immigrants, including some who presumably took part in polling over the last forty years which have consistently shown approval ratings of over 70% for the BRF. This is echoed by more informal surveys by newspapers and the BBC over the years.

Whether people on this forum like it or not, (and I'm not a fan, as you know) both Will and Kate have come up in the top four in surveys since their marriage, along with Harry and the Queen, when individual members of the Royal family are placed in these polls. This again is repeated time after time, in both reputable and unscientific polling. For instance, the BRF featured in the top ten of things regarded as British icons when the BBC conducted a survey a few years ago, along with Shakespeare and cricket etc.

I've always said that, apart from the usual ranting by the regulars on DM, which are a given, (like rain at Wimbledon and cuckoos in the Spring,) there are absolutely no signs that the British people wish for a republic. If there were there would be massive petitions, demonstrations in the streets, and people would be contacting their MPs in massive numbers. Politicians can sniff the public mood. Don't you think that if there was a serious 'people's movement' to get rid of the monarchy that they wouldn't be on it in a flash and debate the subject in the Commons?
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 06:01:45 am »

^ I think people are too busy living their lives and going to their jobs and spending time with their families and friends to spend much time protesting or demonstrating in the streets. At the end of a long work day/week, they don't want to spend their free time doing that. I don't think a republic is a high priority at the moment, especially while HM is still alive, but I don't believe William, Kate and Harry are super popular either. They will need to step up their game before HM passes, which I hope they are going to do soon. I think most people don't care about them or are tired of hearing about them. They do not draw in huge crowds to their public appearances, which would happen if they really were that popular. I don't really trust polls or the media anymore, even if they happen to get election results right.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 06:15:44 am »

If I am right, I think a lot of people wouldn't mind them if they didn't have to work to support them. It's like being an overworked husband who has to work all the time while his wife parties and lunches out and does fun things with a full set of household staff and he barely gets to enjoy himself. At some point the public might in fact walk out on the RF in one form or another and leave the RF unable to stand on their own two feet. Clearly Kate is going to have fun at Wimbledon, but it's not fair to the public to be expected to cheer her on or be happy for her. She's been partying since she was a student at St. Andrews and it's not like she really does anything for the country at large. Kate gets to have fun while everyone has to sacrifice to support her and that is not fair.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 07:53:21 am »

This discussion is not about wimbledon...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Val
Princess

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 07:55:21 am »

There are many groups here in the UK working against the Monarchy and biding their time.  Surprisingly Corbyn is gaining popularity and a big following and he is very anti Monarchy.  There are many many dark secrets within too and many are waiting to revel them once QE no longer here.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 05:20:43 pm »

Waaaaay off topic.  Reel it in.  YM

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 10:31:09 pm »

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-40473468/kate-on-her-love-of-wimbledon

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: