Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 09:11:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry's Newsweek Interview "No royal wants to be monarch"  (Read 5567 times)
danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2017, 02:41:06 am »

While the Queen has never given a press interview, Harry has been exceptionally vocal in recent months, addressing deeply personal and sensitive topics. In the Newsweek interview he revealed his pain at having to walk behind his mother’s cortege, and he has also disclosed how he needed counseling to come to terms with the tragedy that shaped his childhood and impacted his life. He has admitted to suffering panic attacks, and he has been praised for his candor.

It is exactly these qualities that make him so popular and admired around the world. But there are apparently concerns at the highest level that Harry might be sharing too much. According to some reports, the Queen has asked her grandchildren to stop their “soul baring” and promote a more traditional image of royalty carrying out state business over discussing personal matters.

Perhaps after Harry’s latest revelations, they just might take note.
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/06/prince-harry-monarchy-comments

marion
Duchess

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2017, 03:00:45 am »

TBH i widhbhe would leave the RF . The comments in the latest DM article are scathing but this one has an interesting take......

Just occurred to me that Harry (being very much like his mother whose worst point was being manipulative) is doing all these as a pre-emt to marrying Meghan and possible renounce his royal title. He is laying the ground for all blame to his eventual royal demise to the public who won't leave him alone, his father (notice he has refused to mention his father since Meghan was outed) and Camilla for his mother's sad life and everyone in the Royal family except the Queen. It is telling that he was the one who asked for the interview. Oh Harry, leave with dignity and like a proper English gentleman. He is too much like his mother.

leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2017, 03:27:02 am »

He and his brother could both renounce their royal titles. Then they won't be complaining about how it's so hard to be a royal. They can live off their own money and never be seen in public again. #ByeFelicia
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2017, 03:40:45 am »

^^she a z-list, high maintenance, pushy, fame hungry ho, who's the opposite of what Harry claims he wants; more normalcy and doing good works to help people.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Emperor
Countess

My cat always prefers my furniture over her post

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2017, 04:21:43 am »

I'm beginning to think MM is WK part duex.......

I haven't been here in a while  Embarrassed

Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are. - Princess Diana
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2017, 07:17:09 am »

^^she a z-list, high maintenance, pushy, fame hungry ho, who's the opposite of what Harry
claims he wants; more normalcy and doing good works to help people.

That is his image of himself, not the reality; the reality is that he is no different than the Yorkies and he's no different than William and Kate.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2017, 08:27:16 am »

Kensington Palace denies Prince Harry is criticising other members of his family, but suggests they are simply his reflections on how attitudes to grief have changed in 20 years."
"Harry’s aides suggest that Harry meant; no Royal Family member is motivated by position - only service."
come back JLP   spy

The amount of charity work he, William and Kate will do will be more focused. Until last year, the queen was patron of more than 600 charities, and the royal family supported 3,000. By the time William becomes king, those numbers will have plummeted.
“A source close to Harry says they want instead to concentrate on specific charities that they research thoroughly first and then get involved in on a regular basis.The one thing they don't want is to be seen as a group of celebrities.
Harry seconds that. “We use our time wisely,” he says. “We don’t want to turn up, shake hands but not get involved.”
Let's laugh.   tehe

He dates a celebrity (maybe wedding), he has many / several friends who are celebrities (going to parties, festivals,pics in instagram), he promotes (mostly) his events associating with celebrities,continues....

There seems to be an ''abyss/chasm'', sigh  what he speaks and how he acts.

oh yes Danifaul - bring back JLP!!! they need someone more experienced and able to say NO to Will and Harry.

and yes - a chasm between what he says and what he does - avoid the celebs please!

but in all fairness, the newest interview in the DM which is also creating a storm - Harry says he rebelled years ago but since Afghanistan has committed himself to service.  Still Harry would do well to shut up and not do an interviews for awhile.
Val
Princess

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2017, 01:27:40 pm »

Many interesting comments on other forums as below -

'The younger Royals have been advised, as per usual, by people from their own social milieu.  Despite the efforts of the Royal PR team in trying to persuade (con!) us, Harry and William don't mix with the ordinary British man or woman and have no, or little, understanding of the issues that affect us.  They may pretend to sympathise with the victims of terrorism and other disasters, but they are just wheeled out for PR purposes by the Palace's media bods. And the public see this cynicism and are no longer duped by it.

The RF can't now expect to live permanently in their palaces and to lead lives of extraordinary privilege without incurring the British public's anger. With the ever-changing differences in our society from, mostly, mass immigration, there are people in the UK who have neither love nor respect for the RF.  They, and many UK-born people, are starting to see the Monarchy as an anachronistic institution and a drain on the UK's finances.  Over £330m of taxpayers' money will be spent on the refurbishment of Buckingham Palace, but how many of us will ever get a chance to walk through those elaborate gates?  Even the attendees of the garden parties and other events are kept on a tight rein and cannot wander around the place with impunity!!'

- and another

'The good thing about Corbyn that he is anti monarchy and would hopefully get rid of this archaic institution where everyone expects  a life of luxury and fawning (and as with the younger generation) giving little in return.  There are plans afoot to requisition empty palaces and put immigrants and those unfortunates from disasters in them.  The RF could easily handover several now and barely miss them.'
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2017, 01:40:01 pm »

A Royal rebellion, says CAMILLA TOMINEY

Monarchy has certainly never appeared more modern than in 2017.

We have had Harry admitting to suffering "two years of total chaos" following the death of Princess Diana, Prince William wrapping his arms around a victim of the Grenfell Tower fire and a dresseddown HM reading a Brexit-heavy Queen's Speech in a hat resembling the EU flag.

Some royal commentators are beginning to question the wisdom of younger royals expressing themselves so freely.

The Queen's mantra has famously always been to "never complain, never explain" and as Harry himself admitted in that Newsweek interview on Wednesday: "It's a tricky balancing act. We don't want to dilute the magic."

Personally, I'm all for the royals giving as many interviews as possible, preferably to the Sunday Express.

While no one wants to see the Duchess of Cambridge turning into Kerry Katona, pouring her heart out to Holly and Phil every time she misses her Ocado delivery, royals don't just need to be seen to be believed - they need to be heard, too.

Diana's death has been the elephant in the (throne) room since those visibly shell-shocked princes walked behind their mother's coffin with their heads bowed nearly 20 years ago.
https://www.express.co.uk/comment/columnists/camilla-tominey/821078/Prince-Harry-royal-family-Queen-Diana-William-Meghan-Markle/amp

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 04:04:08 pm »

What Beef Has Prince Harry Got With His Dad, Prince Charles?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/what-beef-has-prince-harry-got-with-his-dad-prince-charles

This round about bs with Charles doesn't make a lick of sense.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2017, 07:56:29 pm »

^
This proves to me even more how bad the relationship between Harry and Chuck was and still is today.
Now that Harry is finally receiving the help he needs and should have gotten many years ago Chuck is STILL not there for him.
He is way too open with the public just like his mother when Chuck was gas lighting her.
The fact that Harry was damaged by walking behind Diana's coffin was obviously never discussed and that imo is horrible.
Chuck as the remaining parent should have been Wimpo and Harry's rock but he was too busy tampon hunting.
He makes Wimpo and Harry feel like *poo* and worthless nobodies.
He made his loyalties very clear: Campon and her children and NOT his sons whom he probably sees as relics from a doomed marriage instead of his own flesh and blood.
Chuck does not feel responsible for them, never has.
How is it possible that the whole funeral thing was never discussed?
Harry may not even remember everything and Chuck is not filling in his memories.
He may at one point have said he wanted to walk behind his mothers coffin, and not want it a minute later.
Whether or not he wanted to doesn't mater now.
What is important is that Chuck never apologized for the impact that day had on Wimpo and Harry, how they were not allowed anger and resentment.
Not allowed pain and confusion.
They were not offered comfort and warmth from their father.
Sound like borderline child abuse to me.
If Harry is wise he will not give personal interviews until he works things out and is ready to use and share the lessons he learned.
He imo needs to wait this out and the right words will come to him.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2017, 08:11:03 pm »

I think a good part from the above (^^) interview is this:
>>“The fact is that Charles didn’t make Harry walk behind his mother’s coffin," Junor said. My understanding has always been--and this comes directly from someone who was with the family at the time, and who spoke to both princes about it--that it was the boys’ choice to do it. They were not pushed into it. In fact, provision was made right up to the last minute for a car to take them to the Abbey if they changed their minds.

“I suspect it may well be the case that Harry, aged 32, in therapy, is looking back and thinking 'Who would ever have allowed a child to do that?' Which is fair enough. I don’t imagine for a second he could have understood the enormity of what he had agreed to do and maybe he should have been protected.

“But he wanted to do it. At the end of the day if your 12-year-old son says, 'I really want to do this, Daddy, I want to be with you and my brother,' what do you do? Some people don’t let their children attend the funerals of deceased parents, and that can lead to great resentment also. So it was a horrible situation and there was probably no right answer.”<<

It has always been said that Harry wanted to walk and Will had to be persuaded.
Not to go too OT, but therapy can be a blessing & curse: obviously good to work through issues and on yourself, but the problem is that our memory is nowhere near as reliable as we like to believe and particularly in events of high stress we tend to blot out many things. Does he accurately remember the events around Di's death & funeral? And the quote above is also quite important; who's going to refuse when the child asks? It's cruel to allow them and cruel to deny; you just cannot know what the better decision would have been until it's too late. Equally so both W&H might today give interviews and moan how they weren't allowed to walk with mummy. There's just no right way about it.

Though the article highlights also once more that the Winds are certainly not hands-on parents at all, which is pretty much the crux and downfall of their personal relationships. And the new generation (Will & Kate) are exactly the same. Tragic.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2017, 09:51:25 pm »

Sorry, Prince Harry. There’s no such thing as a modern royal family

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/25/prince-harry-modern-royal-family-monarchy

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 12:11:16 am »

Harry walking behind her mom's coffin has been a once in a lifetime thing, he should have done it and he did. Whether you lose a parent at 5 or at 55 you get only one chance in a lifetime to bid them farewell. If Harry had said that he doesn't want to go - he was to be told that there is no do over.

Turning that walk into a televised spectacle - that is truly sad. Sadly, this is how it was supposed to be. I wouldn't lame Charles for making Harry to walk behind the coffin. He would have felt that he never said properly good bye to his mom if he didn't. I lost my dad at 25 and I flew half the world only to barely make it to the funeral. I ended up spending an entire month's salary on that trip - last minute tickets, unexpected 2 week stay in Paris, missed flights, etc. But I don't regret any of it.

^^I agree about the negatives of therapy. Somehow therapists forget to show you the other side of the medal where your feelings are not the most important thing in the world that everyone should care about or put first.

^^^ Dads are not maternal and can't take care of kids' feelings. Dads, even if they love their kids, don't put their love life on hold for the kids. Some women do that, but dads generally don't. And, if Charles was that bad as a dad - fantastic, Harry can learn what kind of dad not to be and that is a good thing.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2017, 12:27:00 am »

Charles has a life of his own and has to do his duties and live his own life. At the age he is now, Harry has no business asking someone to baby him; he's not at all owed babying by his relatives and his father is in fact responsible for other charities and such. Man UP HARRY!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2017, 12:42:21 am »

I can understand how Harry's inner child still needs nurturing - he lost his mom at an early age, his dad was not around as he should have been (male single parents are like that - I can attest to it). However - all of this: the way he was brought to life, the way he was raised must have happened in this way for a reason and for his greater good. It thought him something, it prepared him for life. For example, right now I have a partner who loves to give ultimatums, threats, and to yell. Well, I've already had that lovely (jk) experience with my mom and now this partner can't suck me into any of his relationship models. What I'm saying is- even a bad experience is a really good thing. You just don't know it yet.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2017, 09:45:51 am »

Harry said he went into therapy at age 28 he has also said he is fine now.  So we have no reason to think he is therapy now.  Maybe he should be but from his comments he has not said he is in therapy now

Harry needs to shut up - he has made it very apparent he has problems with his father.  This is not something he should be displaying in public it is a family matter.  Solve it within the family.  If Harry is sincere when he says he supports the monarchy as a force for good then don't endanger the monarchy by making indiscrete remarks and making it clear you have a beef with your father.  Undermining Daddy is not the way to support the Queen. 

This is what Harry does not get - normalcy is not buying your own groceries.  Normal is getting a job and earning the money you use to buy your groceries.  He sounds idiotic when he makes these statements as if he is totally out of touch with ordinary peoples lives. 

I believe he is well intentioned but he should let his work speak for him.  He simply is not discrete when he does interviews. 

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2017, 06:37:33 pm »

^ It doesn't really matter when the therapy took place. It may also not be related to therapy, but simply to how he thinks about things now and having a distorted memory. You're right thouh with everything you wrote cate, I agree.

I agree also on the part above, what Ariel wrote, once someone dies, all you can do, you can do it only that once. So if you want to see them one more time, that's the last chance. Whatever it is, it is either right then or never. I found that reality out a few months ago.
I'd bet my tophat if they were denied to walk with her they'd be moaning about that now too. Esp Bill who is said that his last convo with her ended in a horrid fight; if he hadn't walked with her I bet his guilt now would be even deeper etched.
But as many of you point out, there seems to be a power play going, Ken vs Clarence; it is possible that the brothers have some scheme going against their father, who has upped his "queen Camilla/ poor me being in a horrid marriage with a nutjob" PR lie campaign. As I wrote in Diana's thread, the Diana vs Charles & Camilla thing won't end until the last two players are gone. The family, children (W&H) and public will be tested and asked to choose sides again and again, because ultimately the Walses (C&C, W&H&K) don't let her rest, in an effort for their own greedy and horrible PR campaigns and Machiavellianism.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2017, 08:47:48 pm »

First, Tina Brown is stuck in the 80's and 90's and she apparently can't ask serious questions and since there isn't anything serious or substantive about Harry or his work, these are the kinds of questions that he gets asked, about his mother. As for therapy, it's only as good as you change your life to a healthier dynamic; I would know, I know that therapy isn't just about showing up. I don't think he's made healthy changes to his life.

Most importantly, it's not Charles' fault that Harry isn't happy or that Harry doesn't feel loved.

I'm fed up with all of it. Middle class kids don't see their dads and moms all the time at dinner and often make dinner for themselves. At the very least, Harry should realize that in order to have nice clothes on his back and food on his table, both parents have to work and work hard. If neither parent worked, he would be nothing but a slovenly nobody who didn't have good food and even nice clothes. I am fed up with his ingratitude and that of other royals.

I'm FED up with being pressured to feel sorry for these people and all they have to build.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2017, 10:13:26 pm »

^ I second that. W&K&H's job is to be royal. Why can't they be royal. What's up with that obsession to be normal? The dutch king has been a commercial pilot for years without giving an interview about it but when he and queen Maxima step out - no one ever things of them anything less than royal. Doing your groceries does not make you normal. Living on a shoestring makes you normal. And - he's not normal, he's royal and it's about time someone reminds him that. Playing normal outside of your royal duties is ok, but playing normal instead of your royal duties  bignono
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: