Royal Gossip
November 24, 2017, 09:12:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry's Newsweek Interview "No royal wants to be monarch"  (Read 5568 times)
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 12:54:12 am »

Yes, it's been too long to keep bringing her up. 20 years ago. People born in 1997 are young adults two years out of high school.

Also, very odd that there is no mention of Charles. His father and next in line to the throne.

No mention of the heir and trying to get people to feel sorry for him. Is he trying to destroy the monarchy? He works like 5 hrs a week and has a palace full of staff. If the monarchy gets abolished, what will he do with himself? Move in with Meghan and become an actor? Actors can end up working long hours, he'll be in for a rude awakening.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 01:15:07 am »

It'd be sheer madness if all this talk about Diana and Harry's rep taking another hit isn't part of some overall plan because if not, it's sheer madness since he's the face of IG and brings the press interest to the games.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 02:11:42 am »

Peter Hunt‏@BBCPeterHunt
Prince Harry -- "who wants to be king or queen?" -- on @BBCNews
https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/877970255917744132

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 06:04:55 am »

^^ that's exactly what every man dreams of - to date someone so that the mother-in-law can control help them.  easter-lol
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2017, 06:19:56 am »

Charles wants to, the Yorkies for sure, Andrew, if he was given a chance would jump at becoming king.
Doing your own groceries is not what makes someone normal. Working is what makes someone normal.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2017, 07:11:42 am »

thumbsup
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 08:26:16 am »

When he walked behind his mother's coffin without coming apart, he proved he had guts and grit. In the royal world, you have to prove yourself nonstop and that was one of those times. Tough as anything and he (and William) had the intestinal fortitude to hold it together. Suddenly, he and his brother then go all soft and now he wants pity and love and 'understanding.' This makes him look weak and in his world, that is a bad thing to show, much less feel. He's become a worthless lump and he has no business asking for anything from anyone. As for Meg, I think she's brought out his real personality, not changed him at all.

As for therapist, he should go to a real one, not a makeshift one who has an agenda that does not include making the patient healthier.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 08:31:15 am »

Yes, it's been too long to keep bringing her up. 20 years ago. People born in 1997 are young adults two years out of high school.

At the risk of being completely flamed, Diana had it ten times better no matter how bad she had it in the balance. She had the ability to get her side out, rally millions to her side, settled in a divorce for millions and still had so much showered upon her. She had her looks and birth title and a royal one to boot. So I am tired of the victim narrative. I am sick of hearing how she 'struggled' all the time and frankly she needed an attitude adjustment as well.

Also, very odd that there is no mention of Charles. His father and next in line to the throne.

I'm beginning to wonder if whether or not he's posturing for a crown for himself or if he's trying to disclaim any monarchical pretensions. SOMETHING is going on behind closed doors and I wonder what it is.

No mention of the heir and trying to get people to feel sorry for him. Is he trying to destroy the monarchy? He works like 5 hrs a week and has a palace full of staff. If the monarchy gets abolished, what will he do with himself? Move in with Meghan and become an actor? Actors can end up working long hours, he'll be in for a rude awakening.

I think Harry is trapped in the media interpretation of himself and he clearly has lost complete touch with reality outside the media narrative. He's showing himself to be borderline deranged in how he gives that puppy look and still thinks he's a cheeky young imp who needs a girlfriend clucking over him.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 01:41:37 pm »

agree - get a job Harry and find out what "normal" is.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 02:07:33 pm »

Dan Jones: I wouldn’t have a problem if honest Prince Harry made it to the throne

It’s good to be the king, said Mel Brooks, but actually, maybe it’s not. “Is there any one of the Royal Family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so,” said Prince Harry, in an interview published this week. The job, he explained, was not about wish-fulfilment but about “the greater good of the people”.

So forget Brooks dressed as Louis XVI, groping courtiers and pinching grapes from their hats. Duty, Harry suggested, not self-indulgence, is the cornerstone of royalty. As he and Prince William work to modernise the House of Windsor brand, that is their core message.

Harry’s interview, which also touched on his short- and long-term discomfort over the way his mother’s death was handled two decades ago, was admirably candid, clearsighted, honest and mature. He is apparently fond of the expression “a leopard can change its spots”: a Just So Story euphemism for “a prince who once went to a fancy-dress party dressed as a Nazi can actually grow up to be a decent bloke”.
http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/dan-jones-i-wouldn-t-have-a-problem-if-honest-prince-harry-made-it-to-the-throne-a3571546.html

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

danifaul
Countess

Sorry for the spelling errors..

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 04:19:52 pm »

Some highlights:
Oh do stop whinging Harry: The young Princes should quit baring their souls, ditch the self-pity, behave with dignity and, oh yes, get proper jobs, says MAX HASTINGS

''Prince Harry should have stayed in the Army instead of allowing exasperation with a commanding officer whom he took against to persuade him to quit.
Everybody who knows him — as I do not — says he is a delightful, albeit not especially bright, young man, in danger of becoming spoilt by keeping bad or at least silly company and irregular hours.
The entire Royal Family needs a chief executive figure, to exercise a degree of discipline, especially over its younger members, which the Queen unsurprisingly no longer can, if she ever did.

Such an appointment will never be made, because it is not in the nature of royals to accept orders, or even much advice, from mere commoners. When it is offered, it is usually rejected.''

''Prince Harry mumbled something to Newsweek about 'modernising the monarchy'. No one seems to have told him that it is almost impossible to modernise an institution that is rationally unjustifiable, because it is based on mere accident of birth.
The hereditary principle has been abandoned everywhere else in British life except in the House of Lords, an object of global bewilderment.
The monarchy is an ancient tradition, a dignified illusion which must be maintained in order that its emptiness is not exposed, at which point we might as well vote for Adele to become head of state.

Its survival demands that whoever wears the crown and wields the sceptre behaves with discretion and dignity, while other members of the family do not infect it with ridicule or disgrace.
The first duty of kings and princes is not to make themselves feel good, but to make others do so. It is because it is doubtful that Prince Charles understands this that some of us are so nervous about the prospect of his accession.

Because Prince Harry is obviously at heart a decent fellow, most of us would sympathise with his predicament, his rootlessness and lack of direction if he was merely an amiable young anybody.

Instead, as son of the future king, he is an unguided missile, prone to explode when he opens his mouth.

Since he obviously revels in the considerable advantages of princehood, he will have to learn to live up to its responsibilities, just as we fervently hope that his brother will bravely endure the burden of kingship.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4631072/Oh-stop-whinging-Harry-Max-Hastings.html

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 05:48:08 pm »

Prince Harry needs to give up his right to the throne, right now he sounds like a reality TV star
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/right-now-prince-harry-sounds-like-a-reality-tv-star-a7805051.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
danifaul
Countess

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 09:49:50 pm »

Richard Berthelsen‏ @rberthelsen
 My thoughts for @ctvnews on #princeharry interview for Newsweek.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1152782&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1
Peter Hunt@BBCPeterHunt

Prince Harry -- "who wants to be king or queen?" -- on @BBCNews

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/877970255917744132

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 10:48:50 pm »

IMO, all I see is Wills utterance through Harry regarding reluctance to be king and walking behind Diana's coffin. I've read articles stating that Wills didn't want to walk behind Diana's coffin but was asked what if he'd regret not doing it. Wills has also spoken about his reluctance to be king. This is all about Harry taking the criticism for what Wills is feeling, but it'd be easier on him and the royal family if Harry's seen taking on this view.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2017, 02:22:10 am »

HARRY'S ELEPHANT JOLLY Prince Harry skives off royal duties and jets off on £350-a-night ten-day safari after monarchy moan
PRINCE Harry escaped a storm over his revelation that no royal wants the throne by jetting off on a ten-day safari.

Harry is staying in £350-a-night luxury at a camp in southern Africa, where he will help care for elephants
He was oblivious to the fuss caused by his comments to a US magazine in which he said: “Is there any one of the Royal Family who wants to be king or queen? I don’t think so, but we will carry out our duties at the right time.”

His comments suggest brother Wills and dad Charles are not keen on the “top job”. William has previously been labelled “workshy” due to his perceived lack of royal duties.

Harry, 32, has gone to Malawi without girlfriend Meghan Markle. He is staying at Mvuu Camp, where prices range from £205 to £350 a night.https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3872421/prince-harry-ten-day-elephant-safari/

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 06:51:02 pm »

Prince Harry escapes row over claim that no royal wants the throne by jetting off on a ten-day safari at £350-a-night luxury African camp

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4635148/Prince-Harry-jets-ten-day-safari.html#ixzz4kwV59rk2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This was planned a while ago though.  Anyway, when he comes back, this should be behind him. I don't believe that this is just Harry running hos mouth or that he's on the outs with Charles as some posters have claimed. I feel this is smoke and mirrors using Harry to deflect from what's going on with Wills and Waity's marriage and kids situation; members only board.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2017, 12:34:22 am »

Writer who spent hours with Prince Harry and revealed his desire to quit The Firm says 'he's not a whinger - he's a wounded warrior'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4636118/amp/Prince-Harry-s-not-whinger-s-wounded-warrior.html

danifaul
Countess

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2017, 01:32:30 am »

Kensington Palace denies Prince Harry is criticising other members of his family, but suggests they are simply his reflections on how attitudes to grief have changed in 20 years."
"Harry’s aides suggest that Harry meant; no Royal Family member is motivated by position - only service."
come back JLP   spy

The amount of charity work he, William and Kate will do will be more focused. Until last year, the queen was patron of more than 600 charities, and the royal family supported 3,000. By the time William becomes king, those numbers will have plummeted.
“A source close to Harry says they want instead to concentrate on specific charities that they research thoroughly first and then get involved in on a regular basis.The one thing they don't want is to be seen as a group of celebrities.
Harry seconds that. “We use our time wisely,” he says. “We don’t want to turn up, shake hands but not get involved.”
Let's laugh.   tehe

He dates a celebrity (maybe wedding), he has many / several friends who are celebrities (going to parties, festivals,pics in instagram), he promotes (mostly) his events associating with celebrities,continues....

There seems to be an ''abyss/chasm'', sigh  what he speaks and how he acts.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2017, 01:58:12 am »

He and his family only hangs around those who are flush with funds and basically those who let the BRF mooch off of them. Branson, Niarchos, the rich in Britain are basically supposed to offer it all up to that family and be grateful for the condescending courtesies and 'kindness' that the BRF is famous for. No way do I think that Harry and Co. care at all about the middle class or poor or working class blue collar types. Charles likes to work over rich people for his charities (even though he could easily write a check to cover all needed expenses) and I am certain that Kate only barely got in because of her family's bankrolling her life and of course, paying William's way (who is such a shameless mooch).

Prince Harry escapes row over claim that no royal wants the throne by jetting off on a ten-day safari at £350-a-night luxury African camp
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4635148/Prince-Harry-jets-ten-day-safari.html#ixzz4kwV59rk2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
This was planned a while ago though.  Anyway, when he comes back, this should be behind him. I don't believe that this is just Harry running hos mouth or that he's on the outs with Charles as some posters have claimed. I feel this is smoke and mirrors using Harry to deflect from what's going on with Wills and Waity's marriage and kids situation; members only board.

He's clearly dumped the cleanup on the courtiers and I am disgusted that he did this to his family and courtiers.

Writer who spent hours with Prince Harry and revealed his desire to quit The Firm says 'he's not a whinger - he's a wounded warrior'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4636118/amp/Prince-Harry-s-not-whinger-s-wounded-warrior.html

He's a whiner, just like the rest of them; he should look at all he has and he has no business complaining in public about ANYTHING in his life.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2017, 02:16:30 am »

RACHEL JOHNSON: A warning to our fave Prince on the perils of 'doing a Ratner'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-4636484/Prince-Harry-perils-doing-Ratner.html
She makes a valid point  eating cookies
I agree that they shouldn't mooch off rich hanger-one and then cry they want normalcy. I do think it's a good idea to concentrate on a small number of patronages. Funny though, Wills admitted to not reading the briefs that are prepared for him prior to engagements that he attends, so his idea of modernizing the royal family's a joke when celebrities actually do more work regarding preparing and carrying out charity work. So they'll not be precieved as as celebrities but less than them; royal WAGS more like it.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: