Royal Gossip
July 25, 2017, 01:44:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trooping the Colour 2017  (Read 1097 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 10:36:30 pm »

^Agree.  This was a lose/lose situation for this institution.  However, dress code demanded a subdued and respectful touch.  Usually, the BRF does that well.  Navy blue not bright pink and certainly not having your kids look like they popped out of a cuckoo clock.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 10:44:53 pm »

Somber clothes would do well, but the kids need to BEHAVE and this 'mommy and me' balcony show needs to stop. Kate keeps behaving like a middle class housewife and needs to have some training for her kids. No more showing up disheveled and no more squirming. They get titles and money, they need to give that amount's worth of behavior and dignity.

I don't think it's necessary to cancel an annual event due to a tragedy.  What would that accomplish?

^good point.

At the very least, can't they stop looking so jolly and at least look serious, as if they take anything seriously in life? Huge numbers of people die in a fire, more homeless, and basically, just another day on the balcony. Carrying on is now being looked at as uncaring.

More drivel and the comments are scathing, calling out the author of the piece as a dolt and sycophant:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4614128/Royal-Family-four-generation-strength.html

Another article about Prince Philip's medals:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4614458/Prince-Philip-wears-collection-SEVENTEEN-medals.html

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2017, 11:14:27 pm »

How could the Phillipses/Tindalls NOT benefit from being the Queen's grandchildren? They would always have great contacts because of that connection. And should they be cut off and not see their family on birthdays or Christmases? Titled or not, they are part of her family.

Do they have staff and protection officers like the titled royals do, where they cost the taxpayers money? I don't think they do.  dontknow
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 12:26:24 am »

You never know with that family, you just never know.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2017, 03:35:58 pm »

^Agree.  This was a lose/lose situation for this institution.  However, dress code demanded a subdued and respectful touch.  Usually, the BRF does that well.  Navy blue not bright pink and certainly not having your kids look like they popped out of a cuckoo clock.

Well, yes, that could have happened.  Or even wear the clothes you had planned to wear but with a black armband to show respect.   

I just don't think any country should allow their traditions to be disrupted by events that are, unfortunately, a part of life.  Always have been, always will be.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 04:20:25 am »

Thing is, that no one really thinks that the RF cares about them and I do not think that there's really at all much chance to view this as anything other than asinine pomp. No one takes them seriously and the balcony appearance hardly inspires much respect or awe.

kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 08:30:22 am »

Somber clothes would do well, but the kids need to BEHAVE and this 'mommy and me' balcony show needs to stop. Kate keeps behaving like a middle class housewife and needs to have some training for her kids. No more showing up disheveled and no more squirming. They get titles and money, they need to give that amount's worth of behavior and dignity.

^ I do agree.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2017, 04:22:15 pm »

I don't think it's necessary to cancel an annual event due to a tragedy.  What would that accomplish? 
respect?
sandy
Princess

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2017, 04:47:55 pm »

Is there a thread for Ascot? At this and the Trooping event it seems like they are saying "Let them eat cake."
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 06:10:01 pm »

Yes, I opened it on this subboard if you did not find it tell me!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 08:16:18 pm »

respect?

Then life as we know it would come to a screeching halt.  There are tragedies every day.  Some get publicity and others do not.  Are we going to cancel school activities and functions because there are tragedies in the world?  Ballgames?   Has the Superbowl ever been cancelled because of a tragedy?  The Salt Lake City Olympics went on despite the fact it was soon after 9/11.  And Pres. Bush attended and smiled and laughed and cheered on the athletes.   Should he have worn sack cloth and ashes?  Should our athletes have worn black and refused to smile while they performed?      We in the US just had a citizen returned to us from North Korea so he could die here.   President Trump issued a statement to the family and the government is looking into this.  But, life goes on.  There will be another tragedy today and tomorrow and on and on.   Stiff upper lip, and all.  Or that's the way the British used to be.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 05:47:25 pm »

Then they should at the very least not look so jolly and carefree and jolly hockey sticks. Somber. At the Remembrance Day event some years back, Camilla and Kate and Sophie were laughing it up and then minutes later, putting on a solemn front, but no one was taken in by it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: