Royal Gossip
July 25, 2017, 01:40:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trooping the Colour 2017  (Read 1095 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: June 06, 2017, 02:46:25 am »

When is the Queen’s official birthday 2017? Where to watch Trooping the Colour and other events

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/01/when-is-the-queens-official-birthday-2017-where-to-watch-trooping-the-colour-and-other-events-6639146/#ixzz4jBNZ5lvD

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
dianab
Countess

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 08:22:48 pm »

William defies the terrorists: Prince follows in his grandmother's footsteps as he salutes outside of Buckingham Palace in Trooping the Colour dry run
-A flamboyant display treated tourists visiting Buckingham Palace and the Queen Victoria Memorial today
-Prince William defied terror threat in London to join 1,400 men to take part in Colonel's Review this morning
-The prince, dressed in a red and gold guardsmen uniform, practiced his salute as he rode a white horse
-Parade was a rehearsal for next week's Trooping the Colour, a celebration of the Queen's official birthday
By Rachael Burford For Mailonline
PUBLISHED: 13:07 BST, 10 June 2017 | UPDATED: 17:51 BST, 10 June 2017

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4591162/Prince-William-s-Trooping-Colour-parade-practice.html#ixzz4jd3xkoEw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BEST COMMENT:

Jack Roth, London, United Kingdom, 6 hours ago
When Mr Corbyn takes power after this summers GE (new polls have Labour winning by a landslide) these £300 million a year welfare benefit scrounging 'royals' are in for a shock.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4591162/Prince-William-s-Trooping-Colour-parade-practice.html#ixzz4jd3moEe6
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 12:45:53 am »

When Mr Corbyn takes power after this summers GE (new polls have Labour winning by a landslide) these £300 million a year welfare benefit scrounging 'royals' are in for a shock.

If that happens, expect a pregnancy or engagement announcement.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 01:11:40 am »

Won't work; it's not all about PR anymore.

William defies the terrorists: Prince follows in his grandmother's footsteps as he salutes outside of Buckingham Palace in Trooping the Colour dry run
-A flamboyant display treated tourists visiting Buckingham Palace and the Queen Victoria Memorial today
-Prince William defied terror threat in London to join 1,400 men to take part in Colonel's Review this morning
-The prince, dressed in a red and gold guardsmen uniform, practiced his salute as he rode a white horse
-Parade was a rehearsal for next week's Trooping the Colour, a celebration of the Queen's official birthday
By Rachael Burford For Mailonline
PUBLISHED: 13:07 BST, 10 June 2017 | UPDATED: 17:51 BST, 10 June 2017
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4591162/Prince-William-s-Trooping-Colour-parade-practice.html#ixzz4jd3xkoEw

BEST COMMENT:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4591162/Prince-William-s-Trooping-Colour-parade-practice.html#ixzz4jd3moEe6

William isn't being heoric, he's safe as houses and it's not like he's on the top of their list.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 12:53:38 pm »

If that happens no pregnancy or engagement will stop it, wasting their time if they do that, although no doubt too dumb and stupid to see that with their own eyes and ears.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 11:41:45 am »

The Queen & Duke, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, Beatrice, William and during Trooping The Colour #KateMiddleton #Royal #TroopingtheColour https://t.co/9yzgk11mak

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 12:10:30 pm »

Kate in a bright pink color, while the Queen and other ladies are wearing pastel colors.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/17/queen-celebrates-birthday-trooping-colour-parade/
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 12:36:51 pm »

She is an exhibitionis, always thinks she looks wonderful and wants the world to see her.  No respect for the rest of the rf, all she does is show herself up, consistently.  No end to her common ways.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 01:04:13 pm »

British Royal Family on the balcony of Buckingham Palace #TroopingtheColour https://t.co/sJP05MXuls

George looking like a dicken's orphan. But Charlotte dress is pretty but combining with Kate?

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 01:27:11 pm »

She had the children color coordinated to her dress again   bored3 , she always tries to make these events all about her.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 02:02:28 pm »

Put to the test, the UK has been resolute in the face of adversity': Queen issues solemn 91st birthday message to reflect 'sombre national mood' as the royal family gather for Trooping the Colour

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4612948/The-Queen-sends-solemn-birthday-message.html#ixzz4kGRvesHl

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 04:46:12 pm »

Trooping the Colour 2017 - Air Forces and Royal Family at the Balcony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa674B9i1hA

Prince George and Princess Charlotte enjoy parade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdO4S6vuIdw

dianab
Countess

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 11:33:17 pm »

Marsha, Rome, 57 minutes ago
Oh really? Now she's off to Sandringham to watch repeats of the Two Ronnies and drink Dubnonnet, whilst her subjects are sleeping rough and have lost everything.

fafafa2, North West, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
It's hard to find a person on this planet who's more out of touch with how ordinary everyday people live their lives than The Queen. Don't go on about peoples struggles like you have any idea what you're talking about. What struggles has the Queen ever had? Apart from the whole awkwardness with Diana?

Graham5352, Hassocks, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
When The Queen announces how "Resolute our nation" has been I wonder if she is considering the families of all those people that have died. I doubt they are feeling quite so "Resolute".

Gae46, Shropshire, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
I have to say, even as a Royalist, that just a few days ago they were visiting the worst atrocity I can remember. Yet here they all are carrying on as if nothing has happened. Dolled up, laughing, waving to the crowds and the fly past. Couldn't they have pared it down, just a bit?

Albert1, Bury, United Kingdom, moments ago
Disgraceful that 350+ million being spent on Buck House and only 5 million for the disaster. Shows that priorities are all wrong. SPONGING, SCROUNGING, IDLE BUSTARDS.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4612948/The-Queen-sends-solemn-birthday-message.html#ixzz4kImcQSeO
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:37:12 pm by dianab » Logged
HRH Tiana of NOLA
Countess

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 05:56:12 am »

^The comments are getting more brutal by the day.

"You just keep your eyes at one of of the biggest gaudiest floats with a Mardi Gras princess about to kissed herself a... a frog." - Princess Tiana
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 06:42:18 am »

Marsha, Rome, 57 minutes ago
Oh really? Now she's off to Sandringham to watch repeats of the Two Ronnies and drink Dubnonnet, whilst her subjects are sleeping rough and have lost everything.

fafafa2, North West, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
It's hard to find a person on this planet who's more out of touch with how ordinary everyday people live their lives than The Queen. Don't go on about peoples struggles like you have any idea what you're talking about. What struggles has the Queen ever had? Apart from the whole awkwardness with Diana?

Graham5352, Hassocks, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
When The Queen announces how "Resolute our nation" has been I wonder if she is considering the families of all those people that have died. I doubt they are feeling quite so "Resolute".

Even HM is in fact getting blasted. I don't think this is being viewed as cute anymore at all. HM and Co. go and put on a grieving face, but then go back to the balcony and basically give the middle finger by being jovial and the kids being cute and marketed as adorable/ordinary/etc. Meanwhile the pain remains.

What a difference this balcony picture is from the ones we saw and watched in horror a few days ago. Are these royals so self obsessed that they could not even wear more respectful colours? A stiff upper lip and carrying on with this so called British spirit is one thing - being completely indifferent and mindless of the grief and suffering of so many is quite another. The parade ought to have been deferred for this one year. And I was so sorry to hear in the short statement issued by the Queen that she found it ' difficult to escape this sombre mood' There are many people in Kensington at the moment that will have to live with a sombre mood for the rest of their lives. The firefighters and first responders must dread closing their eyes at night for the images that are bound to come to them.

Absolutely agree should off been cancelled out of respect but no look at all our finery disgusting

"Defiant royal family" Defiant in what way ! What a load of bejewelled strutting buffoonery the whole trooping the colour enemy is. Our continued attachment to this nonsense makes us a laughing stock

Oh this comment is CLASSIC:

People always say about how the Royal family were treated as hero's for visiting the East End every day during the Blitz. This always annoyed my great Grandfather who also visited the East End during that period on a regular basis but was received with no such gratitude or appreciation for his efforts. Mind you, he was the pilot in a Heinkel bomber for the Luftwaffe.

Princess Anne chose not to give her children HRH titles so why are they afforded all the privileges like the other royals? Why are they on the royal balcony? There are no other commoners on the balcony.
It would appear that they don't have to fulfil any of the duties but can enjoy all the trappings.

Safe behind Palace gates with security and a
non clad building with sprinklers I'm guessing.
They face no hardship

Queenie Liz is absolutely right, we must all be resolute in the face of adversity like I am. You should all learn from my example. It took me ten years of graft to land the prince, you know, and there were even times when I thought we might not marry and I would be forced to settle for a reality TV hedgie like my poor sissi Poopa! But I was RESOLUTE and I PERSEVERED and I WON! And it is important to pace yourself! Whenever I thought I might falter, I would go home to Mummy and Daddy's million pound house and do my lovely job of taking some pictures for their website. Or I would go to Mustique. You should all do the same and you will all be just fine! Now, you know, I have to do all sorts of engagements and talking to prole people and having official holidays and going to premieres and the like and it is SO tiring and SO much harder than photographing tat one day a month, but still I PERSEVERE and remain RESOLUTE! I am such a shining example to women with my hard work and work ethic!

^I love the brilliant British sarcastic humor.

All their shiny medals, they got for NOT being on the front line. Particularly offensive on the gormless wonder, PRINCE EDWARD. WIKIPEDIA - ----------------------------------------------------However, in January 1987 he dropped out of the gruelling commando course after completing just one third of the 12-month training. Media reported, at
the time, that the move prompted a berating from Prince Philip who "reduced his son to prolonged tears.

YAY! An old woman and her family wave at me on her birthday, so everything is alright! I should thank her for those non-existent £millions in tourist revenue too, because it really off-sets the embarrassment and £340m annual cost of this pantomime family parade. Has anyone told these people it's 2017, not 1720?

^At this point I think the RF needs to just give up and hope to leave the country in exile with their fortune intact.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 07:56:03 am »

Maybe this event should have been postponed? Maybe the BRF thought the public would like a happy occasion like a birthday, but it backfired?

I don't see anything wrong with Princess Anne's kids and grandkids being up there. They are the Queen's grandchildren and great-grandchildren and part of her family, even if they don't have titles, and it is supposed to be celebrating her birthday.  dontknow
Val
Duchess

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 10:01:01 am »

By appearing and deluding themselves that were doing good they just put another nail in the coffin of this outdated institution.  How about giving over some empty rooms or palaces to those who have lost their homes.
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 10:20:39 am »

^^Good point Leogirl, I think that they should have cancelled the balcony appearance in respect of recent events.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 05:41:56 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with Princess Anne's kids and grandkids being up there. They are the Queen's grandchildren and great-grandchildren and part of her family, even if they don't have titles, and it is supposed to be celebrating her birthday.

This is where things are blurred with that family; no titles, but the place on the balcony and the obvious benefiting from the contacts and the lifestyle.

Maybe this event should have been postponed? Maybe the BRF thought the public would like a happy occasion like a birthday, but it backfired?

The trooping of the color is done annually, but the RF looking jolly and carefree shows that they're out of touch and clearly don't understand that their people need MORE than just an appearance and words. They need help and they clearly need their royals around them day to day and want them to be helping out in real ways, but the RF isn't and it's clear that it's fun time as usual.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 07:06:03 pm »

I don't think it's necessary to cancel an annual event due to a tragedy.  What would that accomplish? 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: