Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 04:40:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: London Bridge/Borough Market Terror Attack  (Read 395 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« on: June 04, 2017, 01:46:34 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/03/london-bridge-incident-armed-police-respond-several-people-mown/

Live feed

London terror attack: London Bridge and Borough Market latest - at least two dead amid van attack, stabbings and gunfire

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 03:38:26 am »

Deleted post at member's request. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:28:42 am by YooperModerator » Logged

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
deGuernsey
Countess

Veux-tu m"epouser - oui!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 05:04:20 am »

^ OMG not AGAIN!!!  sauer bignono. Please all our Londoner forummers please stay safe... hug hug sob sob hug

^KF I have studied Islam and not ONCE was I taught to *despise* or to commit acts of violence  bignono and yes, there are as you put it "fanatics" in Islam but they are in every religion. I was taught against hurting non believers. I do so hope  you realise there is a difference between cultural Islam and the so called religious Islam and differences even then depending on who is in power. What many terror ists claim to be Islam is cultural and made up bullshyt. Just so you know in case you don't already.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:13:08 am by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 06:01:14 am »

^ I wasn't aware I was attacking anyone. I am confused. I was simply telling the truth re Islam. Sorry if I was in the wrong. On the telly the newscasters said it was an act of terror and they cited the Manchester and London attacks. ... I just got in from work when I eard the news so maybe there is conflicting reporting on the news??? dontknow
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 06:03:02 am by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 06:39:48 am »

^I understand.  However, other people feel differently and so on.  Regardless, this is not the place for religious ideology.  Please pm me with any thoughts or concerns about postings, as many are at present.  Only I, or Alex, will handle posts that target specific religions.

Again, moving forward only verified and confirmed information regarding this horrific attsck in London will be acceptable posts on this thread.  Please honor that, all who want to post.  I am singling out no one on this but warnings will start if I see anything else.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 07:05:59 am »

I seriously apologize and ask the mods to delete my earlier comment. I was out of line and I should be more adult to know that this isn't Islam.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 07:11:59 am »

I suddenly need a break from this forum. KF if the apology is for me it is accepted. If it's not meant for me then it is still accepted. If you  felt I was attacking you in my post I wasn't  and I hope you accept my apology if I made you feel uncomfortable with my post. That was not my intention.  flower But I do still hope you understand what I meant as it isn't based on feelings or people's opinions but on the truth and facts. End of. And since that has caused a problem here I am going to leave for a while. Happy posting.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:19:06 am by deGuernsey » Logged

Barnabe et Kitty...
deGuernsey
Countess

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 07:22:58 am »

^ Sorry for the double post but I forgot to say thank you KF for acknowledging in print here that this isn't Islam. It means more to me than you may realise. flower

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 07:31:09 am »

Thank you, KF!

Back on topic, please.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 08:58:52 am »

They're saying it might be men of Mediterranean origin; this would be something else, frankly.

The entire world seems to be going up in pieces; six dead and 48 wounded badly.

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 09:02:23 am »

https://www.reuters.com/article/britain-security-snp-idUSL9N1GF067

The Scottish National Party have called off campaigning for Thursday's parliamentary election after an attack in London which killed six people, a spokesman for the party said on Sunday.

"National campaign activity has been suspended," the spokesman said.

Suspected militants drove a van into pedestrians at high speed on London Bridge on Saturday night before stabbing revellers on nearby streets, killing at least six people and wounding nearly 50. (Reporting by Elisabeth O'Leary; editing by William James)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/04/political-leaders-theresa-may-corbyn-horror-london-terror-attacks

Tories suspend national election campaigning after London attack
Labour and Liberal Democrats likely to follow suit as party leaders express gratitude to emergency services

Anybody hear if Ariana Grande is postponing her concert today?  It's a great gesture but the timing isn't maybe helpful with an over-burdened anti-terrorism task force and police to have to divert resources for this.

It would be a relief to hear from any of our members who may be near the area to know all are ok or eye witness reports.  I send my deepest sorrow for what everyone must be enduring.  So sad.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 09:10:02 am »

What I would like to know, is if this is the beginning of a string of serious attacks; the Ariana Grande concert and then this and it might in fact be the beginning of a string of serial attacks in the US as well. Starting in Britain and after those are over, that is a signal to another stationed group to begin their string of attacks. I am certain that there won't be any real restraint if I'm right (as I often am). Given how this world has been going I daresay that we're definitely only starting out in regards to domestic attacks. London is a hot spot right now and the fact that they're attacking concerts is showing that whoever is doing this is in fact making it clear that civilians are fair game.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 08:32:01 am »

The London Mayor has called for Theresa May to resign but IMO he is the one who should go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4578668/Sadiq-Khan-s-conference-London-Bridge-killer-s-friend.html
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 09:37:32 am »

I still cannot understand why they cannot tell the families if their relatived are alive or dead. It is a complete torture foe them. Seriously they have not even let the family check the bodies to see if he is there or not.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 06:17:36 am »

Things are likely not yet organized and I do believe that they're still operating on a lot of victims; therefore there isn't any definite conclusion and I believe that after things are organized, I am certain that there will be answers when they're ready to make announcements.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: