Royal Gossip
August 19, 2018, 11:43:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jewellery  (Read 1796 times)
LadyLaura
Countess

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 10:00:16 pm »

Thanks for sharing you beautiful jewels  thankyou
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 10:20:36 pm »

^I really love pearls. You've got nice jewels, thanks for sharing

I need some advice, I bought this pearl chocker http://s292.photobucket.com/user/JoMCC/media/choker_zpsrchcmeje.jpg.html, it was being sold at a private exhibition and I just fell in love with it, I didn't even know it was used in a movie, which is where this pic comes from.

I intend to wear it on New Year's Eve because I'll attend a dinner party that is taking place at my members only club. I was thinking of wearing this with a very elegant black jumpsuit that has wide legs (it almost looks like a skirt) and which has a neckline that ends perhaps right above my clavicle. Bear in mind that I have a long neck.

A friend of mine told me that perhaps tge choker wouldn't go very nicely with the jumpsuit because of the high neckline and that perhaps I should go for a V neck or something with decolletage but I *despise* wearing decolletage, I feel like a tart because I wear a D/ sometimes E cup...so any decolletage and I feel self-conscious and thinking I look like a lady of the night. Embarrassed  My cousin and my mother both told me not to listen to my friend and that it's alright because I've a long neck. Do you think I'd be fine? Any fashion advice on how to wear this and look lovely? Thanks in advance!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 10:32:45 pm »

^ I'm with your cousin & mum on this one. I think the clavicle is low enough of a neckline to not clash with the choker (regardless of neck length), and even if it weren't it's better it clashes a little bit than you being uncomfortable (with a lower neckline). Even when sth in theory doesn't work, some people make it work, I guess they feel beautiful and it shines through (Madeleine goes for some frou frou stuff I wouldn't dare wear and couldn't imagine always looking nice, but she makes imo everything work for her!), so just go for what you know/ think will make you look fab  easter-egg-basket
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 10:34:39 pm »

^^First of all, congratluations on acquiring such a stellar statement piece.  Secondly, it is constructed to be worn with an open neckline, so, is there any way to add ribbon to the back/clasp, to tie in an elegant bow and have it drape below the clavicle?  Will it drape that way or is it stiff?

Another though is to wear it in your hair as a headband.

Just a thought.

My concern is that the piece will either seem out of place or lost in the fabric and may play hide and seek.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 10:49:41 pm »

^ Good idea to wear it unconventionally!

^^^ Btw sounds like you have a fab outfit planned  thumbsup
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 11:05:30 pm »

Lovely choker piece! flirt

How about a slight of the shoulder dress that shows of your collarbones and neck but doesn't give insider view of the chest
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1c/74/36/1c7436aa9185efa057f15236c1e8b8be.jpg

or perhaps a boatneck?
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e2/0c/e5/e20ce59ae20b016164216038d92ecb15--dresses--formal-dresses.jpg

scoop neck with sheer or lace to cover up the top a bit
https://cdn-4.jjshouse.com/upimg/jjshouse/o400/36/a7/d1785749a4fb19e635c7e0f2547f36a7.jpg
https://cdn-4.jjshouse.com/upimg/jjshouse/o400/12/b6/478632f91444e70d6051b83adbf012b6.jpg
https://cdn-3.jjshouse.com/upimg/jjshouse/o400/b1/90/01a3751c8799c9f282020a6d7eecb190.jpg imagine this one with out the blingy rinestones on the sheer

Always, ALWAYS! put your hair up when wearing/showing-off a choker! (and euh...don't forget to wash the back of your neck! tehe
And let your pose be filled with the confidence of knowing that YOU are wearing a stunning piece of jewellery like that!
So shoulders back and chin up! thumbsup

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.”
― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

“Four things you can't recover:
The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Joanna
courtier

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 11:32:46 pm »

^^^^Thank you for your help, I guess in the end it turns out it depends on the self-confidence one has, mine isn't great but I'm working hard on it, I promise.  hug

^^^Thank you Yooper! The clasp is at the very back and I'll need to adjust it, because my neck is slender but I'll save the part of it that gets taken out and save it for the future, I think I'll pass it on any future daugthers or grand-daughters. I think it won't drape that way, because when I tried to hold it as a necklace the rows of pearls would just acquire a weird shape, because it's stiff you know? I think probably because the structure is metallic, there's no thread going through the pearls but I don't know for sure, I don't know much about the jewellery craft unfortunately. Embarrassed I'll try it nevertheless and let you know  flower
You mean wearing it like a headband in Diana fashion? What a nice idea! I don't know if I'll be brave enough. I do have a high forehead so, I don't know how it'll suit me but when I go back to Portugal (I left at my parents for safekeeping) I'll try it and let you know.
Thank you so much, it really means a lot! hug

^^ It is very interesting. Oh thank you. It means a lot to me, hearing all of your opinions and your compliments, especially because I know that you ladies have very high standards. thumbsup flower  My jumpsuit is similar to these ones: it's not as structured at the shoulders and as high as this http://images.asos-media.com/products/aqua-spock-tailored-wide-leg-jumpsuit/1658887-1-black?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain, it's also moresimilar to this, in terms of width of leg and maleability. It does however have a more structured waist, quite like the first jumpuit I linked. The difference is that my jumpsuit's neckline ends right above the clavicle and not as high as these ones.

^Thank you so much! I have to say I especially loved the slight off the shoulder/boatneck dresses, and the black lace one, you nailed my style! It's almost like you have psychic abilities? blink

I was precisely thinking of finding a slight off the shoulder/boat neck for other special occasions, and for others not as formal as Christimas/New Year's Eve/Easter, but still fancy occasions perhaps other pieces that would still have that same cut.

Thank you for the advice, I was already planning on wearing it up, in a sort of french braid hairdo (you know, when you  safely tuck away the end of the braid and sort of hide it?).
Thank you all, you've been most kind and helpful! flower loveshower
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 11:37:06 pm by Joanna » Logged
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 12:49:31 am »

Well I'm not psychic more logic....  tehe
From reading your post I figured you had a curvy latina hourglass type figure like J-lo or beyonce, a lot of vavavoom front and back!  flirt
You also sound no-nonsense, so no frilly ruffles, busy prints or big poofy skirts.
I can understand the need for ya to keep the girls in check so strapless was out, yet you sound young enough to not need/want full sleeves
Empire waist or straight dresses would make you look as if you wore a bed sheet so out it was with those..

so finally.....
Mermaid dress styles look just lovely on ya figure!  Cool

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”
― Stuart Chase

The stone after the throw, The word after it's said, The occasion after it's missed, The time after it's gone.”
― Deanna Wadsworth
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 02:37:45 am »

sorry for the DP sorry

Got a new piece of bling today, tehe
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/akasha2411/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-12/IMG_20171210_000105_zpskq15rtzi.jpg
Saw it at the christmas market and just couldn't resist flirt
Silver with CZ but it sparkles soo prettily in the light and for 10 buck I thought 'what the heck, you're coming home with me!' legs

Oh and I also picked up a pair of lovely hat's they are hand made in italy and just soo classy and gorgeous! 175€ for both (205$ according to google)
One is a 'roaring twenties' style cloche (now if I can find a nice flapper dress, a long string of pearls and one of those long cigarette holders that's me set for the next fancy dress party!)
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/akasha2411/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-12/26927c67-91e2-4f92-aa4f-889aae42d6b8_zpscrovcdw9.jpg  loveshower
And the other is what I would call a hat for sunday's church service, love the feathers on it! (oh and the lipstick is photoshopped afterwards you can totally tell because of the pixels! laugh easter-wink)
http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i462/akasha2411/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-12/82ee1ec4-c006-498e-bc5e-b1ac5f811234_zpsmtf7oji2.jpg lips

― Stuart Chase

― Deanna Wadsworth
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 03:16:16 am »

^Love them all and how fun but the cloche is killer!

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 03:39:29 pm »

I love the hats!

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Joanna
courtier

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2017, 09:34:31 pm »

^^ Wow, I like those hats!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2017, 09:49:02 pm »

^^^ Me too! Esp the cloche hat!
Akasha 85
courtier

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2017, 11:35:03 pm »

I got quite a few head turns wearing today it strolling over the market in town.
I feel soo smug!  angel
You could really see them thinking 'where did she get that hat?' loveshower
I think the age of the classic hat is slowly coming back to my corner of the world and not just for weddings or fancy races either.
I spot more an more gents wearing a fedora/stetson instead of a baseball cap as well so... yup I'm feeling quite 'en vogue'  Cool

― Stuart Chase

― Deanna Wadsworth
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: