Royal Gossip
December 15, 2017, 04:40:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fatalities at Ariane Grande pop concert in Manchester following two blasts.  (Read 504 times)
Little light
Baroness

« on: May 23, 2017, 12:31:25 am »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40007886

Catalina at a Ariane Grande pop concert in Manchester.

Early reports just coming in.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 01:11:15 am »

Just a quick update but they are saying it was only one blast not several as early reports indicated. Patients are being treated with 'shrapnel ' type wounds. There are a lot of young girls and boys at the concert.

They reckon it is terrorist related and bomb squads are in attendance. Where the pop concert is, is extremely close to a railway station which has been closed. The explosion, some attendees suggest, was on the main entrance to the arena and the bang/'bomb' went off just as people were leaving the concert.

Manchester Police say 19 dead according to Sky news.

And very very sorry for double post MODs.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 01:30:16 am »

Manchester Arena blast: 19 dead and about 50 hur
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 02:04:11 am »

^^No worries.  For dire situations such as this, and with so many of our members in this country, that rule does not apply.

My deepest sorrow at hearing this and sending many many prayers for the good people of Manchester and beyond.  We're hearing terrorism over here in the US.  B@stards.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 02:36:47 am »

A loved one of mine was policing an area of Manchester this evening. I'm guessing they won't be home now till morning. At least they're coming home.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 03:06:44 am »

^That's much too close to home, isn't it?  I'm so sorry but very glad to hear that they are indeed coming home.   hug

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 06:53:12 am »

I am so sad and all these people dead may be young woman with all their lives to live.

I had hoped when I went to bed that it was a false alarm but no.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 07:25:20 am »

They were pipe bombs loaded with nails; this was a terror attack all right.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Southern Belle
royal watcher

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2017, 02:01:55 pm »

To all of you in England, please accept this American's deepest sympathy on the horrific terror attack in Manchester.  Keeping you in my prayers.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2017, 04:26:14 pm »

Peter Hunt‏@BBCPeterHunt
The Queen on #Manchester attack:
https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/866975532705075200

Prince charles
https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/867015393717702656

Prince william
https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/867030043180109826
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:28:42 pm by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
marion
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 04:40:17 pm »

Thank you Southern Belle. Much appreciated.
deGuernsey
Countess

Veux-tu m"epouser - oui!!!

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 10:48:11 pm »

hug hug hug

Barnabe et Kitty...
Joanna
courtier

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 09:51:03 am »

I'm so very sorry about what happened. Please accept my deepest condolences. Stay safe, stay strong, we stand with you.
Southern Belle
royal watcher

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 06:58:20 pm »

Just read how the people of Manchester opened their hearts and their homes to survivors and family members.  God bless all of you for the love and compassion you showed to the world in the aftermath of this tragedy. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: