Royal Gossip
May 30, 2017, 02:01:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James Hewitt, Princess Diana's former lover, suffers heart attack fighting for l  (Read 431 times)
deGuernsey
Baroness

« on: May 14, 2017, 03:27:38 am »

Wow. Just caught this on internet. Sorry if already posted.
www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/princess-dianas-former-lover-james-hewitt-left-fighting-for-life-after-a-severe-heart-attack-and-stroke/news-story/e5c3cb61c42e361ad90437a/2c/408ad
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 03:31:42 am by deGuernsey » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 03:33:42 am »

Yikes. I hope he pulls through okay.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 07:36:03 am »

^^

Article been removed!  Does anyone have another link or perhaps a fake news article.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 10:40:09 am »

Seems he is recovering

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/james-hewitt-princess-dianas-former-lover-recovering-after-heart-attack-left-him-fighting-for-life-a3538591.html
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 05:29:52 pm »

Princess Diana’s former lover James Hewitt ‘fights for his life after suffering a heart attack and stroke'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4503686/James-Hewitt-suffered-heart-attack-stroke.html#ixzz4h4UG6oVG

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 11:15:59 pm »

^^
^

Thank you.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 11:27:28 pm »

Hmmm. The DM is  moderating the comments (aka censoring).
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 03:35:11 am »

Poor guy. I hope he recovers.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 12:46:48 pm »

I hope this sets him on the right course --and hopefully he recovers. He needs to stop living off his association with Diana. And maybe find some real job and earn money without "get rich quick" schemes. Sometimes, this sort of thing helps people sort out what's really important.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 04:16:30 pm »

P Burrell, P Jephson, K Wharfe, penny Junor, sally b smith, prince tampon himself deserves much more this sort of karmic payback than James Hewitt. He's the most inoffensive of this bunch. IMHO
sandy
Princess

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 05:31:30 pm »

If it's a ranking I would put Prince Charles first (he has his "network" of people bashing Diana), then Penny Junor, then Sally Bedell Smith.

Jephson did help Diana in a way by reporting an episode where Charles put down Diana in public. Which was cited in various books.

Wharfe seemed to want to 'sensationalize' events.

Hewitt did a horrible thing by encouraging Harry gossip saying he and Diana "could have been" involved earlier when he was (cough cough) under hypnosis.

He retracted it later but some writers seized on this as "evidence". Christopher Andersen for one.
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 03:52:02 am »

He should never have put her letters up for sale.  Gentlemen don't behave this way.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 04:39:22 am »

At the risk of being flamed, Diana didn't really treat him well in the end.

After he told her he had to do a transfer, she suddenly cut him off as if he were nothing to her even after all those years. Diana went to his country home on weekends, met his mother and cooed over his baby photographs, and spent much time fantasizing with him about a future as a married couple. She sent him care packages of girlie magazines and whisky in shampoo bottles and numerous letters while outfitting him in nicely tailored ties and suits and minor pieces of jewelry. She really ingratiated herself into his life, bringing the kids around with him on military appearances. To say the least about horse lessons.

She did him dirt by dumping him like that and she wasn't someone who was victimized without her having done anything wrong.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 02:47:33 pm »

KF they did get along early on. She admitted she "adored him" and he claimed he loved her.

Maybe Diana was worried about custody issues, she could only dream of "bolting" and if she had left Charles to marry Hewitt she likely would not have seen as much of her sons. Maybe she got annoyed after a while that he accepted her presents. After  he left Diana he moved on to more "sugar mammas" who gave him expensive presents and supported him. He also had a fiancee at one point so obviously he was not that 'hurt'.

Even if Diana dumped him (they had no future together), it did not give him carte blanche to tell all to a biographer for megabucks. Nor did it give  him permission to live off Diana instead of getting a real job. He pathetically tried to sell her love letters to him and also did interviews after Diana's death (an appearance "under hypnosis" gave him the opportunity to say "they could have been involved earlier." This hurt Harry because the gossip mongers started up with the paternity rumors again. Hewitt professed to be fond of Charles and Diana's sons but had a really strange way of showing it. Hewitt later retracted this claim. Hewitt also seems to go through money like no tomorrow.

A woman who "dumps" a man is not "asking for" abuse. Some men even try to kill the women who break up with them.

Hewitt did not treat Diana with respect to say the least. He claims to have loved her also. Hewitt just lived off "bragging" about his liaison and trying to make money out of it even after Diana died.

I feel sorry he is sick but there are no excuses for what he did. He needs to get  his act together, it may not be too late now.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 07:20:40 pm »

"This hurt Harry because the gossip mongers started up with the paternity rumors again"

Disagree. The rumours were always there. With hypnosis or No hypnosis. How much it hurted/affected Harry or not who knows? About the same time Harry said he loved to bits Camilla, all which matters was his father (Charles) being happy... I'm afraid he was indiferent about the whole rumor... he must knows very well from where cames his small blue/green eyes and rosacea (answer: Charles)... when Hewitt himself has big brown eyes and no rosacea
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:23:29 pm by dianab » Logged
sandy
Princess

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 08:45:41 pm »

Yes, they were always there. However, there were many interviews with Hewitt (Larry King et al) and the two books where he unequivocally stated he and Diana started the affair when Harry was two. Charles also indicated the marriage was "irretrievably broken down" in 1986--Charles went back to Camilla, Diana and Hewitt met during the York Wedding and got involved later that year. This was in all biographies although those who did not realize the Spencers had red hair did get gossipy about Harry.

However, when Hewitt under "hypnosis" said he and Diana "could have" started earlier, it started some writers like Christopher Andersen using this as "evidence." And conveniently by then Diana was dead and gone and could not refute Hewitt. Nor would have Hewitt dared to give such interviews had Diana been alive.

Rumors are still floating around about Prince Andrew being Porchester's. This won't go away despite evidence to the contrary.

And then there are the rumors about George and Charlotte which I will not go into here.

Hewitt IMO just fanned the fires.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 09:13:16 pm »

Diana might have had her worries, but she treated him badly in the dumping.  There's no excuse for the way she did it.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 09:31:45 pm »

Rumors are still floating around about Prince Andrew being Porchester's. This won't go away despite evidence to the contrary.
This rumor made more sense than Harry-Hewitt IMHO
sandy
Princess

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 01:14:02 am »

Diana might have had her worries, but she treated him badly in the dumping.  There's no excuse for the way she did it.

Diana and Hewitt were not engaged nor could they be since she was married and it was difficult for her to bolt. She or Hewitt was free to leave the relationship. It was a one way ticket relationship since Diana would have risked losing custody. Whatever happened between them, the relationship fell apart. Diana was perfectly free to leave and not have been afraid of reprisal. The two were under no obligation to each other--there was no divorce necessary nor breach of promise since Diana was married to another man. Hewitt was free to walk also. When a couple splits and one of them wants "revenge" then it gets into "sick" category.  There are NO excuses for what Hewitt did. If he needed money, he could have gotten a job and earned a salary and saved his money. A woman or man who breaks off a relationship is free to do so and it does not give one of them any excuse to do something to hurt the other person as an act of revenge.

With Hewitt though I think it was a mixture: getting back at DIana, getting Money, and becoming "famous."  FOrtunately he was not the Fatal Attraction type who stalked Diana or boiled bunnies like Alex Forrest.

In extreme cases, the man or woman who broke up needs restraining orders.

Diana was not the first royal to break off a relationship that way. The DUke of Windsor was involved for years with Freda Dudley Ward. Once Wallis became  the Prince Edward's lover, Freda could not even put through a phone call to him. She moved on and remarried, eventually.

Hewitt did move on to older women who helped support him.

His cooperating with a writer showed his true colors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: