Royal Gossip
October 21, 2017, 08:18:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Charles III  (Read 301 times)
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« on: May 14, 2017, 10:57:06 pm »

‘King Charles III’ is your new royal TV obsession
Glum audiences need a pick-me-up. The TV equivalent of a beach read. Give ’em some intrigue and sex. Swap somber self-seriousness for decadence. What we want is steamy, sensual British costume drama. And nobody does hot and juicy English antics like “Masterpiece” on PBS.

The program’s latest venture across the pond is the BBC’s “King Charles III.” Royal rooters, prepare thyselves.

The TV movie is based on Mike Bartlett’s acclaimed West End and Broadway play that imagines the difficult days after the death of Queen Elizabeth II — an event that will paralyze much of the planet— and the ascension of her extremely unpopular son, Charles, to the throne.
https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2017/05/11/king-charles-iii-is-your-new-royal-tv-obsession/amp/

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 02:00:16 pm »

I think the journey that Kate goes on is a really fascinating one..." ~@Charlotte1Riley on playing Kate Middleton in #KingCharlesPBS
https://mobile.twitter.com/masterpiecepbs/status/864134570719031296/video/1

Hmmm too bad the IRL Kate is not like this

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 03:29:35 pm »

Nope. She a docile dope who's dragging down the image of the royal family. This capable actress had to be given something to play because the real Waity's a bore who thinks she's of royal blood imo. This portrayal draws from her family's hard working class roots to nudge things along. 
I really liked the character Jess who ends up dating Harry and showing him how commoners live and why some resent the royals living a cushy life without care on the backs of the tax payers. Jess has integrity and is very much herself. Unfortunately, it had to end. It was a bit sudden and a bit upsetting but it fit the plot.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:39:26 pm by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 05:02:58 pm »

Hmmm... fascinating?  Really? Try google web and images for the truth. Charlotte bores me and she is a lousy actress from what I have seen of her and that has been more than enough for me. Tom Hardy on the other hand  is legend.

Barnabe et Kitty...
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 08:21:12 pm »

I watched for a few clips and cringed; using Ye Olde England talk is in fact pretentious and I do think that the portrayal of Kate as a tough woman who pushes back is in fact tiring.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 12:40:39 am »

The real William would not have fought for the throne. He is lazy as all get out and it would mean more work for him.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 12:43:21 am »

the woman playing Kate mentions how Kate stayed true to herself and is a strong woman and I snorted with laughter at that. Kate, strong and true to herself?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: