Royal Gossip
July 23, 2017, 05:56:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polo Season 2017  (Read 3060 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 02:44:39 am »

Those polo matches (and they do involve some physical exertion) earned big fat cheques for Sentebale, WellChild (Harry's charities) and Tusk for William's at this latest Audi event. It's been a recognised form of raising big bucks for their charities for years, and Charles's too when he used to play. So playing polo can be for a good cause.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 09:26:20 pm »

Good on them, but it's not like they really open up the grounds for other people. WHK always in subtle ways make it clear that they are the golden ones and there isn't room for anyone else but their own chosen who are deemed good enough by them. It's also clear that workers from their charities are not among the chosen ones and that those in need are not good enough to be invited as honored guests. It's clear that wounded veterans are not good enough to come to the games and sip champagne and mingle with high level people and apparently the charity workers only exist to do the scut work. That is the real issue that picks at me. They go out of their way to show how glorious they are and how utterly perfect their lives are and how wonderful they are, which isn't really bringing in outsiders who might otherwise be isolated socially.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2017, 10:37:44 pm »

^Great post, totally agree.  They are all about themselves, every time. Loads of charities could do with help, not just their chosen few.  They make me sick, Diana sure spawned two nasty, unpleasant children, that much is, to me, quite obvious.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2017, 10:57:42 pm »

Skin-tight jodhpurs. Champers galore. After Harry and Meghan's kiss, why our frisky royals can't resist a spot of passion at the polo
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4489674/Why-frisky-royals-t-resist-passion-polo.html

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2017, 12:24:09 am »

^Great post, totally agree.  They are all about themselves, every time. Loads of charities could do with help, not just their chosen few.  They make me sick, Diana sure spawned two nasty, unpleasant children, that much is, to me, quite obvious.

Thanks; I for one and disgusted at how charity work is clearly now either an act of penance or in fact is a job they do only because they have to. I have been meditating on the exact point of resentment and that is it; they are the golden crew and everyone else is just a mass of people they deign to acknowledge.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2017, 01:22:59 am »

Harry visits vets at home and at his charities, over the years there have been tons of photos on Twitter showing this.

Polo matches are for celebs and other wealthy people to donate to charities which are sometimes for charities (when the Princes play) and their donations and the entrance fees go towards the charities. If the stands were packed with those that couldn't afford the entrance fees the object of the polo match would be lost.

Willie and Harry do change what charities they play for sometimes but they are always in the umbrella organisation of their Royal Foundation. They can't play for every single charity in Great Britain or the world or visit every single charity in the UK. That would be impossible.

Royals from the Queen down choose their charities and support them as Patrons. Sometimes dinners and lunches are held and royals are present simply to get wealthy people to attend and donate big bucks to the charities concerned. That's the way charities work. If these big dinners were held for wage earners they might get hundreds of pounds/dollars. With the wealthy they often get hundreds of thousands donated.

Harry's IG is full of wounded veterans from all walks of life and he mingles with them. There have been plenty of photos over the years of him going to killed ex servicemen's families homes for tea etc in his off time. WellChild events aren't crammed with the wealthy, but with ordinary sick children and their families.

The tea party for dead servicemen's families to be held at BP later this month isn't going to be packed with the widows and children of the wealthy but the loved ones of soldiers who died for their country.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 02:31:58 am »

Why then doesn't he bring these people into his posher side of life and give those less fortunate something to really remember. I get it that Harry hangs out with the less fortunate, but he does not bring them into his better way of life and he could do that easily. It's clear that Harry isn't any different, he just manages to go a few extra steps.

Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 03:29:11 am »

Royal invite 'ordinary' people from their charities to their weddings nowadays. It happened at Willy and Kate's wedding at the Abbey. I guess that was something for them to remember.

Charity workers are present at Heads Together events including fund raising dinners. As I've said before royals attend dinners and play polo to bring in big bucks in for charities. They aren't responsible for ticket distribution to these events.

What is Harry to do? He doesn't go to many grand fund raising dinners, he lives in a modest home at KP, where he had previously resided in a one bedroom flat. Is he to invite everyone he meets who is in deprived circumstances home to tea to give them something to remember?

You don't think the ex servicemen's kids who are invited to a tea at BP later this month, hosted by WK and H will remember that?  Like 99% of others Harry's friends come from his working circles and his growing up years,as well as, in his case, his army career.

Is he to deliberately seek out working class people to be his friends, whether they have a lot in common with him or not, because that would be more worthy? I'll bet he would be attacked on Royal forums for doing that for PR purposes!
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 06:40:05 pm »

So what are the upcoming polo charity events in May/June? Aren't they playing at Cirencester? And then there is a famous Indian sounding polo match PC even used to play in? As ypu can tell I know nothing about polo!  sorry thankyou
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2017, 06:35:18 pm »

Prince William joins the Tindalls and their adorable daughter Mia for a day of somersaults and handstands at a charity polo match (but is anyone actually watching the game?)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4593462/Prince-William-joins-Tindalls-charity-polo-match.html
Funny how he's lovely and relaxed with Mike and  playing with Mia but he's stiff and stressed with Waity and the kids. Odd that they weren't there to play with their cousins, at least George anyway.  eating cookies

Keep Calm and Carry On
india
Princess

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2017, 09:27:30 pm »

Council Cath and The Viper keep Bruiser and Viperette in containment. They are afraid someone will *private body part* their DNA and then WHOOPS out comes the truth.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2017, 04:15:32 am »

Would have been nice for George and Charlotte to be there and play with their cousins and other kid ,but then Kate would have joined and have a death like grip on the kids and making sure the paps get their money shots .

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2017, 09:14:56 pm »

Exactly. Poor kiddos wouldn't have any fun at all.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 08:19:01 pm »

Really interesting how the Bald Coot interacted and played with the The children of Zara and Peter.  Ran after them, smiled, engaged with them.  Smiling all the time.  Never get that with the two sprogs, cobbled together piccies and so disconnected.  He obviously enjoys some kids, just not the two sprogs it would appear.  Appeared to be having great fun with the three girls.  As it happens, he obviously loves polo and without council cath around he is so much more relaxed and cheerful.  Just as well he leaves her at home, might spoil the day for everyone.
india
Princess

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 12:17:21 pm »

Willy Boy is always relaxed when Council Cath is not around him. He never knows what stupidity will come out of her dumb mouth and he never knows when she will flash or make some unacceptable obscene gesture. I would be nervous too if I had married a phlegmatic stalker like that one. He needs to man up and pull the plug on this so called marriage.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 12:37:25 pm »

He really trapped himself.

I can't get over how he never saw any of what his friends and family did. If his security forces warned him about her, he was stupid not to listen.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 03:47:06 pm »

^true, and this is what'll make him a very ineffectual king. He's useless and like the queen, imo, bury his head in the sand like the queen. She offers zero to the role as a royal wife. She doesn't fulfill the requirements of being Wills wife because of the pressure to marry that he allowed others to place on him. He showed his weakness by taking her back in 2007 knowing full well that it'd be harder to dump her again. His looks and his hair rapidly declined because of the lie he's living with her and the Midds. I have to laugh now when he said years ago that he can spot users. He's ok with them as he married one and the rest of the family stroke his ego to keep the farce of a marriage going. He shot him self in the foot by dragging her into the royal family instead of "doing a Robert" from the tv series The Royals, and gave her the boot in favor of securing a bride that'll bring something into the marriage and not disrespect the British people.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 03:56:23 pm »

^^I think he saw it, and my guess is the more he was told how unsuitable Kate was as marriage material, the more suitable he found her as revenge for MUMMY.  
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:01:19 pm by Sheridan_is_appalled » Logged

I haven't played since I stopped
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 06:57:05 pm »

^true, but tevenge like that doesn't last long because he has to deal with his decision, not them. The queen and the rest of the family don't really bother with her; in fact humiliated her regarding her having to curtsy to the blood princess like the Yorks, when Wills isn't around. Wills, I believe, is frustrated because he's not seen as a leader and someone to take seriously in large part because of her. She's nothing in her own write. She hasn't any warmth or personality or depth to be able to take on real causes that would make a difference. He wasted the position of his wife on this lame duck. He wasted his life enacting revenge on his blood family by dragging in the Midds. He might be able to salvage something of his life when he gets rid of Waity and the Midds. Yes, he really showed his true self at the polo and what a big miss opportunity he had to be happy with someone who could give him a nice healthy loving life with beautiful children like Mile and Zara have.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2017, 07:10:34 pm »

Thing is, that the RF views users as those who are not rich. If Kate hadn't had her family paying her way, he would have never taken her back; he views those who are being taken care of as classy and selfless, not someone who is earning their own way. Charles mooches off of billionaires' yachts and Andrew hangs around Russian Oligarchs. Then Harry was with Cressida, likely getting a kickback from Branson while his cousin Beatrice was dating David Clark. I am certain that if Kate hadn't been able to keep up a front, she would have ended up discarded and dissed very harshly for following him around.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: