Royal Gossip
December 18, 2017, 06:45:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Phillip is retiring  (Read 2820 times)
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2017, 11:10:43 pm »

^I agree.  I think there had to be preparations, health explanations and a plan put in place for his care.  Nothing else makes any sense to me.  For example and this is on a much smaller scale, of course, but when it came time to prepare for both my husband and mother's imminent death, I had to pull in the whole family, our co-workers, transportation, food, health-care providers, everybody to put things into place and it happened within a 24-hour period once the doctors made their pronouncement so that life, as we knew it, could continue on some sort of "normal" level.

It's a natural happening, really, at his age.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2017, 11:22:46 pm »

Now that announcement and the way it was announced, makes sense in the light of points you made.

sorry

I'm very sorry for your losses too.  flower

cate1949
Princess

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2017, 12:20:22 am »

I think we should consider that you have Palace staff whose families have worked for the royals for generations - so in a way it is extended family not to mention these are the people who have supported PP to do all his work in some way or another.  So the announcement at a staff meeting was a way of acknowledging that.

Also - the DM made it seem like it was some sort of dramatic emergency meeting when it was not - staff meetings like this - as the BBC noted - are not uncommon.  The drama was created by the DM not the BRF.

I think Prince Philip has the kind of dementia common to his age - we have heard and seen signs of forgetfulness and confusion over the last few years - understandable and expected at his age.  Perhaps it really has progressed to the point where he does not feel comfortable anymore making such lapses in public as well as the energy it must take for him to do these engagements. 

he has been fortunate - reached a grand old age with most of his faculties intact - a retirement is well deserved while he can enjoy it still. 

Harry has certainly been picking up his work schedule - bet we do see more output from Will at least once  he leaves the air ambulance officially. 

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2017, 12:36:03 am »

^^That's sweet of you.  Thank you; wasn't looking for sympathy.  It's just the way Life works and it seems extremely obvious to me.  Time will tell but he doesn't have a ton of it left and this is a strategically planned system to begin the process of saying goodbye, in its own way.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2017, 01:34:46 am »

He's probably so disgusted, disappointed and depressed with Willy and his nightmare wife and all they have done to bring about the destruction of the monarchy.
^so very true. Why should Phillip waste the time he has left to work for a dying monarchy. Best if he does his own thing and enjoy his cushy lifestyle before it comes crashing down.

They need someone like Olivia Pope, a crisis manger who doesn't pull punches and tells them the stone cold truth because this bs makes no sense. Andrew's the last person that should be the Queen's plus one. Wasn't their indication last year that she was rely on Harry to assist her?

Will Andrew be the Queen's new Plus One? Her Majesty's second son has emerged as a key figure in 'Team Windsor', writes ANDREW PIERCE, and the 'workshy' young royals will now be asked to step up
The Queen’s second son has emerged – unexpectedly – as a key figure in what is now known informally at Buckingham Palace as ‘Team Windsor’. The move hints at subtle shifts in the axis of power at Buckingham Palace, with what some royal watchers are describing as the ‘rehabilitation’ of Prince Andrew.
The Mail can reveal that, after months of consultation and careful planning for yesterday’s momentous announcement, it is Andrew, the sixth in line to the throne, who will increasingly step into the breach to act as the Queen’s plus one.

thumbsdown huh Shocked Lips Sealed bored3 sob
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4474964/Will-Prince-Andrew-Queen-s-new-Plus-One.html#ixzz4g9wtHrUI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Team Windsor rallies round: How the entire 'Firm' will step up to take on Prince Philip's duties as Duke of Edinburgh prepares to end 70 years of royal engagements

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4472736/Prince-Philip-retire-royal-duties-95.html#ixzz4g9zQVDFp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Team Windsor's compiled of a very weak buch, save a few. Long live the queen because after she's gone, so goes the House of Windsor and the monarchy.
What's so dumb is that the younger set and even the queen's kids really didn't take into consideration their long-term goals into keeping the monarchy going after HM dies. They married very unsuitable people, treated a very suitable woman like Diana, who came from a old noble home, like crap, and seem to only want to indulge in the easy life at the tax payer's expense, like Wills.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:42:58 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2017, 05:43:00 am »

^How true.  No pickup team has ever appeared less prepared or adept to handle what's coming than this younger bunch.  They'll have to learn fast, I guess, or fail.  I have very little confidence in their longevity in active, lifelong dedication to their respective roles.

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2017, 05:53:49 am »

The younger royals are untrained and disorganized and borderline seditious in their lack of respect for HM; none of them will be of any use to anyone.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2017, 07:33:53 am »

The DM loves to stir the pot and they know everyone dislikes Andrew and Meghan is no great favorite either.  So they run these sort of articles to get people's ire up and get the clicks -

The other papers are saying HM will be supported by "Team Windsor" - Anne, Charles, yes Andrew and Sophie and Ed - all will take turns accompanying her when it is called for.  So DM starting trouble as usual.

Yes Yooper - I've through it too - very hard but at least we had help facing it. 

marion
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2017, 08:41:35 am »

This smells like a boatload of rotten fish...when was the last time staff were summoned  to BP from the Royal estates...not even when the Abdication was announced
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2017, 09:26:54 am »

The senior staff from the royal estates are summoned - or met up - to BP at least three times a year and sometimes more often.

Normally though the public never even hears about it. That is the problem this time - the DM found out it was happening and made it into something it wasn't.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2017, 09:32:12 am »

^^ Agree Marion, I smell a big rat.  If all these plans were in place etc then why the sudden urgency to call the meeting, and get them all down in London so fast, that is the interesting part.  Nah, that big fat rat smells rotten to me. All will come out in the wash eventually.  Interesting too that chucky and his siblings are first in line as "Team Windsor" to help out HM.  In truth, as the blithering, brain cell free idiots named bill medd and haza, are both in their early/mid thirties, they should be capable of stepping up, and they have proved, time and time again, that they are not capable or have the intelligence to do it.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2017, 11:55:36 am »

^^^ Edward VIII had been on the throne barely 11 months and wasn't at all popular with his servants or the senior officials at Court. Philip has been Consort for as long as most of the people who staff the royal palaces today have been born. Court procedures and the administration of the Royal Household today bears little relationship to what happened in December 1936.
The staff were bussed up to BP as a courtesy gesture and no doubt other things such as the refit of BP and the storage of artifacts while the work is going on was discussed at the staff meeting as well. It was the DM, and Rebecca English gurgling on about 3 am meetings and emergencies, that sent Twitter into overdrive and talk of abdications and sudden deaths.
Val
Princess

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2017, 01:19:47 pm »

Typical of comments everywhere

fisherman, hull, United Kingdom, 53 minutes from now
The drama of the announcement was purely orchestrated to keep the lazies' French court case off the front pages and divert everyone's attention
ReplyNew
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2017, 01:43:23 pm »

^^^ Yes, I agree with you asking: why the sudden urgency to call the meeting, and get them all down in London so fast, if it's true? Because Philip's retirement? It is very strange.

^ Who knows, it's maybe true.

Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2017, 02:47:01 pm »

I'm still skeptical.  The Queen is notoriously thrifty and to pay for bussing in this staff to make an announcement that could have been done by Skype is very, very odd, in my opinion.     bored3

Well, if there's something more to it, it will surely leak out soon.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2017, 11:45:08 pm »

Typical of comments everywhere

fisherman, hull, United Kingdom, 53 minutes from now
The drama of the announcement was purely orchestrated to keep the lazies' French court case off the front pages and divert everyone's attention
ReplyNew

Probably that. Or something suddenly happened to Philip.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:47:40 pm by dianab » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2017, 01:09:44 am »

^ The French court case has now been in recess while the judge considers his verdict, as far as I know, and that verdict could be weeks away. The judge wouldn't be chatting about it, so that DM comment is rubbish, IMHO.

Also, Philip isn't retiring as of this moment. He still has engagements booked for the rest of May, June and July, until he and the Queen go on holiday in August. He will probably be at the Queen's side when the Spanish State Visit occurs. So if anything has happened to Prince Philip physically or mentally it's strange that he was seen out with the Queen later that day and his projected engagements for the next three months still remain.

According to The Times, one of the most prestigious non tabloid newspapers in Britain with lots of links to the BRF and the Government, this 95 year old man has been feeling the physical strain of undertaking engagements for some time and told the Queen so at Easter. She immediately supported the decision he made to retire in August, which is when the couple go to Balmoral for their holidays. He will then be 96.

The Queen's children and grandchildren will accompany the Queen on some of her engagements from now on. Because Philip is taking the weekend of with friends in the North of England William co-hosted a meeting and lunch for a foreign dignitary yesterday.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2017, 02:11:28 am »

The children and grandchildren have accompanied the Queen and Philip in the past. This isn't anything all that new e.g. Andrew accompanied the Queen to an engagement at Windsor a few weeks ago.

The engagement with William would have been in both their calendars for months.

Whether the announcement of Philip's retirement was timed to be the day before the joint engagement with William was deliberate or coincidental we will never know but what we do know is that William didn't suddenly get pulled into replace his grandfather as that isn't the way the royals work.

Philip did two engagements on his own on Wednesday and will still undertake solo and joint engagements with the Queen or others (he did one with Harry a few weeks ago as well) over the next three months and then we won't see much of him but I suspect we will see him on the 20th November, assuming there is a church service on that day or some other activity - their 70th wedding anniversary. I wouldn't be surprised if he attends the State Banquet for President Trump but none of the other things he would normally do during a State Visit such as being at Horseguards for the official welcome.

In other words he will still support HM with events inside the palaces such as formal dinners, and family events outside the palaces such as commemorative church services, weddings etc.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2017, 03:31:29 am »

^ The French court case has now been in recess while the judge considers his verdict, as far as I know, and that verdict could be weeks away. The judge wouldn't be chatting about it, so that DM comment is rubbish, IMHO.
the comment isnt about the judge ... but the bad publicity it is to William and Kate... makes sense to me... all this fuss happened to divert attention (bad headlines) ... the court case was all over place before this 'urgent meeting'
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2017, 04:18:13 am »

^ But the court case had finished at that time. The judge had, and has, retired to consider his verdict, and that happened before the announcement of Prince Philip's retirement. There wouldn't have been anything for the media  to report in coming days about Will and Kate and the court case as the judge had already retired and wasn't going to chat about it.

It was the DM story of early morning emergency meetings (which proved to be untrue) which brought about the tsunami on social media and foreign media outlets. If it hadn't been for that '3 am emergency meeting' false story from Rebecca English and the Daily Fail the announcement about Prince Philip would have been preceded and greeted with far less fuss.

When the court case resumes and the judge announces his verdict then there will undoubtedly be headlines again about William and Kate, and the nude photos. Prince Philip's retirement (which was apparently decided at Easter) and is already on record, won't be able to impact on that in any way so what would be the point of KP doing a diversionary tactic at that time? KP might act stupidly sometimes but they aren't responsible for Rebecca English and her trashy reports in her rag of a paper.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: