Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 01:20:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Phillip is retiring  (Read 1172 times)
Rosella
Duchess

« on: May 04, 2017, 03:13:12 am »

The Daily Fail has just reported that an unusual emergency meeting of senior staff has been called at BP and servants in the Royal Household from as far away as Balmoral have been told to attend. They will be addressed by the Queen's Private Secretary and the Lord Chamberlain, who heads the Royal Household admin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4471696/Royal-staff-called-London-emergency-meeting.html

If it's not about security or something important but routine then it is probably to do with the health of the Queen or Prince Philip, who is coming up to his 96th birthday in June. I may be completely wrong and I hope I am, but...!
LadyAva
gossip insider

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 04:37:25 am »

^ I am worried  nervous

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."  Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 04:44:51 am »

We don't know what's happening. All sorts of things are being reported on Twitter that are unconfirmed at the moment. # Buckingham Palace Twitter is trending at the moment! I do think that a meeting called in the middle of the night for all senior staff to attend is unusual, and if it is a health issue it may concern Prince Philip. However, if anything has happened there will probably be an official announcement at around 8am London time, and so I guess we have to wait.
dianab
Countess

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 04:58:18 am »

comment:

Gooner, London, United Kingdom, 48 minutes from now
The Queen has always believed that Britain should be a republic and she is to announce that she will stand as a presidential candidate, knowing that all DM readers will vote for her. Long live President Windsor!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4471696/Royal-staff-called-London-emergency-meeting.html#ixzz4g4xho6k0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

lmao lmao lmao lmao
theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 05:15:58 am »

Apparently the French media are reporting that the Duke of Edinburgh has passed away, I don't think that would be true as BP hasn't said anything. I'm presuming that the people on twitter are just being twits because something is going on.

All my life, I've been fighting my way upstream.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 05:28:04 am »

If the Duke has passed, we'll be finding out after we wake up; for all we know the French media might well be correct.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 06:05:26 am »

I toight he did an engagement yesterday so I'm not sure. The press are apparently gathering for an announcement so somethings going on.   

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 06:34:13 am »

The comments in the DM are getting funnier by the minute; maybe HM is divorcing, abdicating, and then running off to Balmoral with one of her corgis.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 06:37:53 am »

I nearly Choked on my weetabix reading a few. Apparently there are police everywhere by the palace. I have to admit I'm getting impatient. Something is happening....

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 06:53:56 am »

Woha I hope not.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 07:08:40 am »

I think something is happening though what Who knows. BBC regional staffers were reportedly called in about an hour ago. There should be an official announcement at around 8am-8-30 am London time if it is anything big. Unconfirmed Twitter reports that BBC staffers are being texted reminders about protocols in case of a royal death. But who knows. The Wessexes are out of the country. Charles has engagements in Scotland today.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 07:11:24 am »

Yep it seems that way. What a year for the UK.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 07:47:24 am »

They are saying that the Queen and PP are ok so I really wonder what the heck is going on?

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 07:52:36 am »

The corgis have taken the palace hostage or the corgis have been kidnapped.

theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 07:57:52 am »

Or Megan Merkel has staged a coup with the middletons to take over the palace!

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2017, 08:09:23 am »

So a combination of the german president and meghan marckle?

theduchess
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 08:11:00 am »

^ sorry auto correct in my phone.  tehe

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 09:03:24 am »

If the meetint with May was 30 min longer it may not mean death but abdication or retiring.

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2017, 10:04:24 am »

It seems that Phillip is retiring.

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2017, 10:07:06 am »

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
Breaking: Prince Philip will stand down from public engagements with the support of the Queen

An announcement regarding The Duke of Edinburgh
https://www.royal.uk/announcement-regarding-duke-edinburgh
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:10:26 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: