Royal Gossip
September 23, 2017, 04:48:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Singapore June  (Read 1389 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: May 02, 2017, 01:56:17 pm »

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
Prince Harry will make visits to Singapore and Sydney in early June, on behalf of @Sentebale and @InvictusSydney

HRH will firstly visit Singapore to play in the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup, raising funds & awareness for his charity @Sentebale

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 11:04:39 pm »

More party time for Harry!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:15:42 pm »

Further details have been released about Prince Harry's visit to Singapore and Sydney in June with @Sentebale and @WeAreInvictus.

In Singapore on 4 June Prince Harry will attend an @afa_singapore reception & take part in an iftar, the breaking of the fast during Ramadan

On 5 June Prince Harry will take part in the Royal Salute Polo Cup to raise funds for @Sentebale.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

meememe
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 02:05:18 am »

I believe he is also going to go to New Zealand for the rugby - that is the real reason for the trip - to give him an excuse to be down this way for the Lions tour. The NZ leg I believe is also a private trip but the British, Singaporean and Australian taxpayers will be paying for most of it with the NZers having to pay for the extra security etc.

At least when William did the tour in 2005 that matched up with the Lions rugby tour he was also there for the commemoration for the 60th anniversary of WWII in NZ. He didn't add on a visit to another country as a private holiday which, from the reports I have, Harry is doing.
deGuernsey
Baroness

Failte

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:37:34 am »

^ Is PW going to NZ with his brother? When is he going?

Barnabe et Kitty...
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 05:30:32 am »

Harry is Patron of both the Rugby League and Rugby Union organisations, and so has a perfect right to take a look at British Lions games. William is not a Patron and will not be travelling with Harry.

While in Singapore he will be taking part in the ceremony of breaking fasts and also playing polo for Senrebale, the charity he started at 19. He will also have a full itinerary in Australia to do with preparations for the Invictus Games, which he also began.

Most royals have a mix of private engagements and public duties and rest times when they travel abroad, such as William calling on the President of Kenya last year at Easter while in Kenya to attend Jecca Craig's wedding. At least Harry will be taking a good look at what is going on with the IG.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 07:33:07 am »

The British Lions are a mix of English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish Rugby players. When it comes to sports teams the UK tends to have four different ones rather than one national one with many of the people and players identifying way more with their 'country' rather than their 'nation'.

Harry is Patron of the English Football Union. Anne has that position with Scotland and William with Wales. Both Anne and William have as much right as Harry to attend if they want to do so but ... let's not have them add it on as an event as part of an official tour for some other purpose.

Be up front about it rather than try to slip it in under the radar. That is my issue with the tour for Harry. I heard about him coming to NZ for the Lions tour months ago and suddenly there are a few stops along the way so he can have the taxpayers pay for his holiday to watch the rugby. If the Rugby had been announced as part of the tour I wouldn't be questioning his motives but I do given the way it has been announced.

William isn't coming this time, as far as I am aware. He may very well do so as he is the Patron of the Welsh Rugby team and there will be players from Wales in the Lions team. He went to NZ in 2005 when they commemorated the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII (on the 10th July - the anniversary of the Battle of Britain and a few days after the 7/7 attacks in London. William was the only senior royal not in an open topped carriage at some stage on that day). When William did his Lions tour in 2005 it was announced all along the way that he was combining the Lions tour with the commemorations and as a result he went to the commemorations, laid a wreath etc and went to the Rugby. It was one of his first solo tours on behalf of HM.

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 10:53:25 am »

Thumbs up! Cheerful Prince Harry puts on a dapper display as he hosts a polo match in aid of his charity Sentebale in Singapore
Nacho Figueras who cut a dashing figure
  flirt flirt
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4572876/Prince-Harry-hosts-polo-match-Sentebale-Singapore.html#ixzz4j7TcafEo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Here we go again with having MM taged in articles again.  bored3

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 03:30:12 pm »

Breaking fast with Prince Harry: 'We even forgot he was royal'
Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/breaking-fast-with-prince-harry-we-even-forgot-he-was-royal-8913928

Prince Harry Leads Moment of Silence for London Terror Attack Victims Before Charity Polo Match
http://people.com/royals/prince-harry-moment-silence-london-terror-attack-victims-charity-polo-match/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

HERE’S WHAT PRINCE HARRY IS GETTING UP TO IN SINGAPORE
http://www.harpersbazaar.com.sg/94930/prince-harry-first-trip-to-singapore/

Prince Harry rounds off Singapore visit with charity polo match
http://www.todayonline.com/world/europe/prince-harry-rounds-singapore-visit-charity-polo-match

Polo: Prince Harry scores twice at Singapore Polo Club to raise funds to fight HIV
http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/polo-prince-harry-scores-twice-at-singapore-polo-club-to-raise-funds-to-fight-hiv

windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 03:03:09 am »

Beauty in royal blue! Downton Abbey's Joanne Froggatt reveals a hint of cleavage in strappy floral frock as she attends charity polo event with Prince Harry

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4575436/Downton-Abbey-s-Joanne-Froggatt-looks-beautiful-blue.html#ixzz4jBRIkUGr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:04:52 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 12:37:33 pm »

Prince Harry in Singapore: Silat athletes put up show while fasting

He has choreographed silat demonstrations for many VIPs in Singapore including President Tony Tan and Brunei’s Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. But the demonstration for Britain’s Prince Harry on Sunday (4 June) was the most high profile to date for former world silat champion Sheikh Alau’ddin Yacoob Marican.

“I’ve always read about him in the media and I had to plan [a silat demonstration] for him,” the 49-year-old told Yahoo Lifestyle Singapore on Monday. The 32-year-old prince observed the demonstration by a group of silat athletes at the Jamiyah Children’s Home.

Sheikh said that after Dr Mohd Hasbi Abu Bakar, president of Jamiyah Singapore, told him more than three weeks ago to put up the demonstration, he immediately contacted his coaches to prepare for it.

The biggest challenge for his 29-member team of silat athletes, including eight from Jamiyah Children’s Home, was preparing for the 15-minute performance while they were fasting during Ramadan.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/prince-harry-singapore-silat-athletes-put-show-fasting-084117935.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 06:45:34 pm »

Prince Harry And Young Singaporeans Talk About The Importance Of Mental Health
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXIpj_EM8aw

Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 07:42:37 pm »

Harry needs to stop it with mental health right now.

I get it that he's fascinated by this, but this has in fact looking bad for him.

The public isn't taking his charity polo match seriously and I know he's patron, but in these troubled times he and his family have got to stop with the token gesture and either do something other than a brief appearance and they need to take public perception into consideration.

He's practically sawing that poor horse's mouth to death and that is causing comment as well. This isn't just a public that usually judges, but something that is running deeper and the more comments calling him out about his brief minute of silence as a mere momentary gesture should unnerve the RF.

Even HM was called out, doing a brief appearance and then went to a garden party in a bright yellow dress. I do not think that it's a good thing since if HM is getting zapped by public commentary, there are seriously bad vibes underneath that resentment. Carrying on as usual is just making people angry.

Harry is rapidly reaching a point where he can cure cancer, but people will still resent him and that is dangerous for any public figure.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 08:15:57 pm »

^ I think people are tired of the BRF. Harry needs to step up to full time (what 32-year-old man doesn't have a full time job? looks very bad for him) and clean up his personal life or things will only get worse.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 08:26:22 pm »

^Agreed.

I can only wager that the act has become too repetitive and it's not like anyone believes they actually care about the nation or anyone other than themselves. One comment mentioned how the BRF knows the jig is up after HM passes, but I do believe that the RF are fools if they think they can just take money and go to another country and live it up. They won't be able to function in a society where they can't just mow down people as they go through life and basically walk away scot-free with no repercussions. No one will want them around and they'll lose their palaces and ability to pay nothing wages to overworked staff and won't be able to sue the press all the time or intimidate people via MI6. They will not be able to visit palaces and meet world leaders who will enjoy giving them the go-by and as for money, for all we know there might in fact be a confiscation.

You never know how things will go even in the most benign revolutions. I do think that Harry is clueless about these realities if he thinks that anyone takes him seriously anymore or even wants him around.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: