Royal Gossip
May 29, 2017, 11:47:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Singapore June  (Read 468 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: May 02, 2017, 01:56:17 pm »

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
Prince Harry will make visits to Singapore and Sydney in early June, on behalf of @Sentebale and @InvictusSydney

HRH will firstly visit Singapore to play in the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup, raising funds & awareness for his charity @Sentebale

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 11:04:39 pm »

More party time for Harry!

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:15:42 pm »

Further details have been released about Prince Harry's visit to Singapore and Sydney in June with @Sentebale and @WeAreInvictus.

In Singapore on 4 June Prince Harry will attend an @afa_singapore reception & take part in an iftar, the breaking of the fast during Ramadan

On 5 June Prince Harry will take part in the Royal Salute Polo Cup to raise funds for @Sentebale.

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 02:05:18 am »

I believe he is also going to go to New Zealand for the rugby - that is the real reason for the trip - to give him an excuse to be down this way for the Lions tour. The NZ leg I believe is also a private trip but the British, Singaporean and Australian taxpayers will be paying for most of it with the NZers having to pay for the extra security etc.

At least when William did the tour in 2005 that matched up with the Lions rugby tour he was also there for the commemoration for the 60th anniversary of WWII in NZ. He didn't add on a visit to another country as a private holiday which, from the reports I have, Harry is doing.
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 03:37:34 am »

^ Is PW going to NZ with his brother? When is he going?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 05:30:32 am »

Harry is Patron of both the Rugby League and Rugby Union organisations, and so has a perfect right to take a look at British Lions games. William is not a Patron and will not be travelling with Harry.

While in Singapore he will be taking part in the ceremony of breaking fasts and also playing polo for Senrebale, the charity he started at 19. He will also have a full itinerary in Australia to do with preparations for the Invictus Games, which he also began.

Most royals have a mix of private engagements and public duties and rest times when they travel abroad, such as William calling on the President of Kenya last year at Easter while in Kenya to attend Jecca Craig's wedding. At least Harry will be taking a good look at what is going on with the IG.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 07:33:07 am »

The British Lions are a mix of English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish Rugby players. When it comes to sports teams the UK tends to have four different ones rather than one national one with many of the people and players identifying way more with their 'country' rather than their 'nation'.

Harry is Patron of the English Football Union. Anne has that position with Scotland and William with Wales. Both Anne and William have as much right as Harry to attend if they want to do so but ... let's not have them add it on as an event as part of an official tour for some other purpose.

Be up front about it rather than try to slip it in under the radar. That is my issue with the tour for Harry. I heard about him coming to NZ for the Lions tour months ago and suddenly there are a few stops along the way so he can have the taxpayers pay for his holiday to watch the rugby. If the Rugby had been announced as part of the tour I wouldn't be questioning his motives but I do given the way it has been announced.

William isn't coming this time, as far as I am aware. He may very well do so as he is the Patron of the Welsh Rugby team and there will be players from Wales in the Lions team. He went to NZ in 2005 when they commemorated the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII (on the 10th July - the anniversary of the Battle of Britain and a few days after the 7/7 attacks in London. William was the only senior royal not in an open topped carriage at some stage on that day). When William did his Lions tour in 2005 it was announced all along the way that he was combining the Lions tour with the commemorations and as a result he went to the commemorations, laid a wreath etc and went to the Rugby. It was one of his first solo tours on behalf of HM.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: