Royal Gossip
May 26, 2017, 10:15:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diana's name banned in the Queen Mother's presence ...  (Read 411 times)
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« on: April 25, 2017, 11:06:09 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4438702/The-Queen-Mother-never-allowed-Diana-mentioned.html    thumbsdown

This is the horrid woman who spoiled Charles and allowed him to use her homes to bed his married mistresses,  when he was married too. 

Diana had few to turn to in that family.

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 01:52:58 pm »

I highly doubt she had anyone to turn to in that family.  They only like their own.  She was too popular and good with the people for their liking, especially chucky, I think he detested that the public always made for her and he was left behind.  Selfish, jealous critter.  No need to worry with camzilla, nobody wants to know her anyway.  The rf is a "closed firm", if you are not a born in royal you can go take a hike as far as they are concerned.  Had they been consulted prior to the engagement I doubt there would have been a wedding  Anyway, QM a fine one to talk, she was a nobody who did well.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 02:07:47 pm »

But Elizabeth was also not part of the family or even a royal from other country. But she had a type of personality that Diana did not have. Also her desire for being queen was greater than Diana. Possibly more similar to Kate.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 04:27:07 pm »

Elizabeth wasn't born into that family, but her strong influence stems firstly through her husband, as she was the "power" behind him, and then Liz ascended the throne very young, she was still rather dependent on mummy and so Elizabeth could truly establish herself as matriarch and wield the sort of power and behaviour she did.

Quite fascinating how steel-like she was actually behind closed doors and all the things coming to light. The comments are most interesting, esp the top rated ones.

Kate's only hope and chance to "make it" in that family is for sprog I to become king, and even then only if she won't be divorced and (more importantly) he turns out to be a "mummy's boy", which is unlikely as "mummy" seems to be nanny M. Though some astrologists predicted tensions between G and his parents (if I'm not wrong), so well, might very well be that Kate will never make it.

Diana was also only welcome as long as she shut up and put up with it. Funny how the women who marry in are expected to be subservient, but the women who are born into the family are expected to be treated like royalty, at all times by everyone (ie, the hesitance to accept Philip, out of worry that he might cheat on Liz if they marry back in the day).
dianab
Countess

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 05:23:47 pm »

But Elizabeth was also not part of the family or even a royal from other country. But she had a type of personality that Diana did not have. Also her desire for being queen was greater than Diana. Possibly more similar to Kate.

I'd says Kate is a nice and inoffensive woman/wag next to Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.

-------
Its OUR BBC, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
The Church of Scotland Minister was under fire for not having said prayers for Diana. He explained to reporters afterwards that the Queen instructed him not to do so.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4438702/The-Queen-Mother-never-allowed-Diana-mentioned.html#ixzz4fNFD2CF6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:31:45 pm by dianab » Logged
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 02:28:26 am »

I find it intriguing in the UK how nobles are lumped in the rest of the public in regards that the RF view nobles as commoners.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 06:37:32 am »

Kate has more steel than she is given credit. But she still has no real power inside the family though both Will and her have been already described as 'grand' by their staff.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 03:47:53 pm »

Yes, Kate has steel, as did Diana and the Queen Mother.  But Diana and the Queen Mother also had charm and charisma and drew people to them.  Kate has none of that. 
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 11:31:05 pm »

The Queen Mother was an utter phony,  according to those who knew her.  she would never have touched or hugged anyone .. let alone leprosy or HIV.    The QM was all about herself and Charles. 

Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2017, 05:06:08 am »

I sometimes wonder if whether or not the RF ever considered that since they view themselves as consummate politicians, they should have had Camilla tormented to the point where she (Camilla) would have been driven out of the country. No politician would let a mistress mess/slander the wife.

Yes, Kate has steel, as did Diana and the Queen Mother.  But Diana and the Queen Mother also had charm and charisma and drew people to them.  Kate has none of that.

Kate has steel and stamina, which is why only a fool should underestimate her. Thing is that Kate has no allies in her new station and the Queen Mother had them in spades. Her and the courtiers were one team and even Diana had her cohorts and clique. Kate has no one batting in her corner.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Tatiana
Countess

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 01:05:40 am »

Diana had no one in her corner.   Kate is a sheep and is no threat to them.

dianab
Countess

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 03:50:16 pm »

I sometimes wonder if whether or not the RF ever considered that since they view themselves as consummate politicians, they should have had Camilla tormented to the point where she (Camilla) would have been driven out of the country. No politician would let a mistress mess/slander the wife.

Kate has steel and stamina, which is why only a fool should underestimate her. Thing is that Kate has no allies in her new station and the Queen Mother had them in spades. Her and the courtiers were one team and even Diana had her cohorts and clique. Kate has no one batting in her corner.

But will Kate be where she is now without her mother Carole?
india
Princess

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 08:06:24 pm »

The Programmed Potato Head would be no where without her Viper mother.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: