Royal Gossip
October 22, 2017, 04:42:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UK General Election 8th June 2017  (Read 1282 times)
dianab
Countess

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2017, 07:56:21 pm »

@Kuei Fei

If it was Charles (not the Queen) now during this T May-Corbyn mess, a Republic will happen in a few days. In political messes like that, a Charles sort is everything the Republicans need laundry
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2017, 09:29:28 pm »

When you throw in all the BS that Harry and William and Kate and the Yorkies have doled out, I wager that Corbyn will have no problems shutting down their lavish subsidies and asking questions about where all that money is going if in fact they aren't maintaining the palaces.

The BRF isn't a business, "the Firm" is a Ponzi scheme.

If Corbyn and Labor take charge, HM will have to stock up on gin and other booze since Labor usually gets a full election landslide due to the RF's antics.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2017, 12:24:52 am »

^ There is no possible way for Corbyn to become PM. He just hasn't got the numbers in the Commons to do it, no matter how you cut it. Also, no election in my lifetime, and I've lived a long time, which has been won by the British Labour Party, (landslide or not) on anything to do with the BRF. That was so even in the 1990s Diana/Charles warring days. The Royal Family is never injected into any political campaign.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2017, 01:24:26 am »

Not openly, but the issue now is that unlike Diana/Charles, William and Harry are no longer the hot princes loaded with potential. This is also worse economic times than the Eighties and I do believe that people are a lot more angry. All those comments talking about even Harry and even HM. Staff are speaking out about low wages and now people think they have the power to strip the RF of it all.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2017, 02:19:15 am »

^ Staff at royal palaces have been grumbling about the low wages for ever. I remember complaints even in my childhood. They are perfectly free to leave and get another job, but in most cases don't because being on staff at BP and KP is considered prestigious and is likely to get you a higher paid position anywhere in the world afterwards.

Plus, I don't want to sound like a broken record but comments on DM comment lines do not represent the 63 million plus people who live in the UK.

DM commenters can carry on all they like, and yes, times are tough, very tough in Britain and round the world. A resurgent Labour in the recent election however, (in the view of most political commentators I've read) had more to do with Mrs May's dreadful performance on the campaign trail, Jeremy's good one, and young voters coming out in a post-Brexit fallout (after many failed to vote in the referendum) in favour of Corbyn, than anything to do with the BRF, who weren't mentioned in the whole campaign.

Yes, the Labour Party in Britain isn't so favourably inclined towards the Royal family as the Tories. That's a given. However, all Labour Governments in power since the 1920s, including the Blair govt, have adhered to the rules regarding the Royal family and have certainly not preached revolution.

That will also be the case if Mr Corbyn ever becomes PM. (At the moment, in spite of the assertions of that DM reader Corbyn has far less seats in the Commons than May and had a lesser share of the vote. Unfortunately for him, many of his young London supporters live in already safe Labour electorates.)
marion
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2017, 08:17:16 am »

Roseala   For someone living  on the other side of the world  you are remarkably well informed about UK political matters...I take my hat off to you . Many don't even take such a keen interest in those of their own country.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2017, 08:32:14 am »

Thankyou, marion.  easter-egg-basket I was born and brought up in England though, and lived there on and off when I first married with my Aussie husband. I'm also a political junkie!
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2017, 04:09:07 pm »

I do wonder if whether or not the Tories will in fact get more votes or if Labor will get in.

marion
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2017, 08:47:20 pm »

Interesting comments from another forum...

Despite the disappointment felt by Tories at the result of the General Election results it is very important to remember that they won, taking 58 more seats than Labour and winning a bigger share of the vote. They have formed a Government that will work in the national interest, meaning the important work to reform our economy and society and to deliver on Brexit can continue.
 More importantly it means they have firmly placed Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell on the opposition benches, the only place they have any right to be.  Many MPs, have seen them at close quarters in the House, say they are some of the most dangerous politicians we have known in the UK for a long time. Certainly, they have done a great job of dressing themselves up with a veneer of acceptability but their agenda is as extreme as any we have seen in mainstream British politics for decades.
The Tories must get behind Theresa May because Corbyn is just waiting to seize control. Luckily the recess starts next week so the Conservatives can calm down, re-group and fight the real enemy .... Corbyn’s Marxists

Val
Princess

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2017, 09:09:04 pm »

^

No truer word spoken and there are many more similar comments on other forums.   A brilliant Tory politician is Jacob Rees-Mogg who is gaining a very strong following and a great support to
Theresa May.
Spitfire
Countess

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2017, 09:29:35 pm »

^  Val, The Mogg,as he's known, would make a brilliant PM when the time comes to replace Theresa May. But those days are in the future and the Tories must back Mrs May when Parliament resumes in late September.  Corbyn's Labour Party are nothing more than a bunch of Marxist traitors whose allegiance does not reside in the UK.

The ghost of Frances Winchcombe is finding a new house to haunt.  She has reportedly said: "Carole Middleton scares me to death..."
marion
Duchess

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2017, 09:54:02 pm »

The way they treat political opponents is frightening

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4687304/Commons-report-reveals-*despise*-campaign-against-Tory-MPs.html
Val
Princess

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2017, 11:29:14 pm »

^^

100% agree the Tories must back May.  Rees-Mogg is very young, only 36 I think and has a great future.  He currently supports May and comes over so well in TV interviews.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: