Royal Gossip
March 25, 2018, 04:35:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Crown (Netflix)  (Read 954 times)

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 09:49:46 pm »

Charles was between two extremes. Being overcoddled by his grandmother which gave him a sense of entitlements and feeling himself center of the universe. This sense of entitlement let him astray in his personal life. His father was harsh on the other side. And his "honorary grandfather" sent a message that it was OK to sow wild oats with many "unsuitable" women before he settled down. All of this led to big trouble. But as I said, after a while Charles was responsible for his own actions and choices.
Kuei Fei

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2018, 09:21:40 pm »

I find it intriguing how so many dark corners of the past are being brought to light. How Philip's family was heavily embedded with the Nazis and how Margaret was clearly never a shrinking flower.

What impresses me is how it explores how difficult Philip made HM's life as Queen; HM wanted to bring Charles home and basically have him schooled at the softer Eaton, but Philip always dragged out the complaint about how he was 'just' a consort and basically browbeat HM to making Charles remain in Gordonstoun.

As for sowing wild oats, I think that was the worst advice possible to give. Basically Charles was raised and nurtured to be a user of women in that area and so while Diana had the ring and title, she was in fact just as used as the women Charles bonked and discarded.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 01:36:34 pm »

I dare to say that I believe that episode about Charles life when he was at Gordeston... I believe that Phillip could be harsh with his son as it is portrayed in the movie... And a lot of what Charles did in future reveals that he lacked the safety of his home when he was a child... And also remember us how hard can be for a chi being bullied and not meet the expectations of our parents...

As a teacher show me how important it is to help children with this problems.

it's quite obvious why charles end up obsessed with his nanny's clone

I was appalled at the episode involving JFK and Jackie. She flirted outrageously with Prince Philip according to the episode and talked badly about the Queen, behind her back.
from the part of philip, it's given (if that REALLY happened)... if she was really said that stuff about the queen it shows jackie as a intelligent and observant woman - good on her... it's known jackie flirted with few powerful men during her Kennedy marriage - including ari onassis

Then JFK and Jackie were depicted as drug addicted plus he was physically abusive with Jackie, in that episode.

it's such WELL KNOWN about BOTH of them... several bios and TV series talk about that
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 01:45:58 pm by dianab » Logged

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2018, 02:25:43 pm »

the Crown took it further. Later Jackie explained to the Queen that she and Jack took some sort of "drugs." It did not say which ones. And Jack was a wife abuser (according the Crown), physically attacking her.

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 02:14:35 pm »

Hugh Laurie to take over from Matt Smith as Prince Philip in the third series of Netflix hit The Crown

Matt Smith, who starred as younger Prince Philip, announced he's leaving show
    Hugh Laurie who starred in Old Etonian and House lined up as replacement
    Creator Peter Morgan ‘very keen’ on Laurie to portray Philip in middle age

Read more:

It's not confirmed yet though.

Apparently Helena Bonham Carter will play Margaret (taking over from Vanessa Kirby).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: