Royal Gossip
October 19, 2017, 04:43:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20th anniversary of Diana's death.  (Read 2458 times)
dianab
Countess

« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2017, 12:51:34 pm »

She and Diana were persona non grata with the royals by 1992. Fergie got her picture in the paper with the financial adviser. I think Diana and Fergie did for the most part get along. They appeared to have fun together but Fergie had her own issues with Prince Andrew and the marriage.  I think though Diana (had she lived) would have told William to invite Fergie to his wedding. The others did not care much her. The honeymoon period for the royals and Fergie did not last very long since she was running up bills on fashions and so on  and living well beyond her means.

It was well commented in press how the Queen liked Fergie in 1980s. She was friendly with Charles in early-mid 1990s, she was often seen in Highgrove asking Charles for advice.

^^IA the Mail is repeating old boring news  bored3 .
The book is being republished. It's reason the transcripts are out again.

I think Diana was raised in a harder school in regards to upbringing and basically she didn't comprehend why Fergie would cheat on a husband who was not unfaithful or as bullying as Charles was. When I think on it, Fergie was in my view a bad egg for much of her life, given the choices she chose to make.

That wasnt the issue of Diana with Fergie. But how Fergie could enjoy her time in Balmoral and Sandringham, when for Diana it was THE most awaful/stressful time of the year. Diana was more unsuitable to royal life than Fergie IMO
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 12:58:24 pm by dianab » Logged
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2017, 01:14:43 pm »

^ Well said Ginger  thumbsup .
sandy
Princess

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2017, 02:56:21 pm »

She and Diana were persona non grata with the royals by 1992. Fergie got her picture in the paper with the financial adviser. I think Diana and Fergie did for the most part get along. They appeared to have fun together but Fergie had her own issues with Prince Andrew and the marriage.  I think though Diana (had she lived) would have told William to invite Fergie to his wedding. The others did not care much her. The honeymoon period for the royals and Fergie did not last very long since she was running up bills on fashions and so on  and living well beyond her means.

It was well commented in press how the Queen liked Fergie in 1980s. She was friendly with Charles in early-mid 1990s, she was often seen in Highgrove asking Charles for advice.

^^IA the Mail is repeating old boring news  bored3 .
The book is being republished. It's reason the transcripts are out again.

I think Diana was raised in a harder school in regards to upbringing and basically she didn't comprehend why Fergie would cheat on a husband who was not unfaithful or as bullying as Charles was. When I think on it, Fergie was in my view a bad egg for much of her life, given the choices she chose to make.

That wasnt the issue of Diana with Fergie. But how Fergie could enjoy her time in Balmoral and Sandringham, when for Diana it was THE most awaful/stressful time of the year. Diana was more unsuitable to royal life than Fergie IMO

The Queen did like Fergie early on. Fergie went horsebackriding with her quite a few times. Diana liked her too because she was the matchmaker for Fergie and Andrew.

Fergie did indeed flatter Charles on the Larry King Show back in the early 2000s. But I doubt it was much of a "friendship" since she was not invited to William's wedding andshe  expressed her disappointment to the media.

I think the Queen was disappointed with Fergie particularly on that day in 1992 when the "topless" photos appeared on the tabs. I don't think Philip could stand her. Fergie's spending habits got out of control as well and she had some real faux pas during her appearances, shouting "I'll see you later" to a man who whistled at her. It was a case of if only...if only she behaved better during public appearances, controlled her spending, and did not cheat on Andrew.  She started off well but it was all downhill.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:58:08 pm by sandy » Logged
jackiew
courtier

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2017, 03:39:41 pm »

^ I remember she was a hit with the Royal family in the beginning, she also would join Prince Phillip on his carriage rides. But her public failures and indiscretions resulted in the family turning their backs on her, Prince Phillip even called her a waist of space. About 8 years ago before the 2010 cash-for-access scandal the Queen had invited Fergie to Balmoral when Prince Phillip was away, in an attempt to mend fences and possibly pave a way for remarriage to Andrew.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:43:49 pm by jackiew » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: