Royal Gossip
August 19, 2017, 08:14:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20th anniversary of Diana's death.  (Read 2211 times)
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« on: April 09, 2017, 02:52:32 pm »

Princes in two TV tributes to Diana, 20 years on
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/princes-in-two-tv-tributes-to-diana-20-years-on-t26kpml0v

Full artcle
https://cryforharryenglandandsaintgeorge.tumblr.com/post/159372869768/princes-in-two-tv-tributes-to-diana-20-years-on#notes

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 10:31:37 pm »

About time they let her rest in peace.  Always dredging up these anniversaries.  Twenty years on and they still try to ride her coat tails.  Have they not realised the Diana Get Out of Jail card disintegrated many, many years ago.  They need to grow a pair and grow up.  Adults in early/mid thirties and still trying to use their deceased mother  to make them look good.  News alerts  -  give up, the public have seen through both of them, they are lazy sponging wasters with no intelligence and a crappy taste in women. Amazing, they say boys go after women like their mothers  -  something wrong with these two. Diana had class, elegance and the "it" factor.  Council caro and murky marble at at the other end of the scale, so common and downmarket it is untrue.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 01:35:15 am »

William and Harry to open up about Princess Diana in two TV tributes to mark 20th anniversary of her death
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/william-harry-open-up-princess-10191530

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:45:15 am »

Just can´t leave her alone can they. About time they grew up and moved on.  Two generations have come into being since them, none of whom even knew her.  A lot of the old sugars have died off.  The only two dopes rambling on about her at her two grossly unintelligent sons, and that is only being done because they continue to try and ride her coat tails.  I am a fan of PD, but boy she did the UK a disservice when she dumped us with those two blithering idiots with not a brain between them.  I won´t be swelling the viewing ratings, not a vomit bucket big enough to enable me to watch it.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 10:10:41 am »

It would be the best anniversary: just leave her alone.

Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 05:53:11 am »

Camilla and Charles would so love it if we forgot all about Diana.   Many of us will never, as long a this vile pair walk this earth.   They treated her in the cruelest way,  many of us will not be quiet.   Camilla will be as a sick as a cat.   laugh

Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 05:56:22 am »

Just can´t leave her alone can they. About time they grew up and moved on.  Two generations have come into being since them, none of whom even knew her.  A lot of the old sugars have died off.  The only two dopes rambling on about her at her two grossly unintelligent sons, and that is only being done because they continue to try and ride her coat tails.  I am a fan of PD, but boy she did the UK a disservice when she dumped us with those two blithering idiots with not a brain between them.  I won´t be swelling the viewing ratings, not a vomit bucket big enough to enable me to watch it.

Diana still sells magazines and newspapers,  she will be remembered long after that old witch and her idiot are long gone.   This is NOT about her sons .. this is about Diana, Princess of Wales. 

HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 01:32:57 pm »

^ Well said. It is only right to remember her on her 20th anniversary, many comment and say (rightly so) that the establishment wishes people forget her, and that would be terribly wrong. Not marking her anniversary would 1. be exactly what tptb wish would happen, incl C&C, 2. might spark heavy backlash from the public.
Respectfully remembering her & celebrating her on an important anniversary is quite the opposite of "Not letting her rest in peace".
sandy
Princess

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 10:13:37 pm »

Diana is still going to be the mother of a monarch and future monarchs so she can't be brushed aside. Unlike Camilla, she left a legacy of royal children. I hope the Sarah Bradford Book is reissued to honor Diana. It would be a counter to the trash that Sally Bedell Smith wrote about her.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 01:16:18 am »

On ABC
'The Last 100 Days of Diana,' Hosted by Martin Bashir, Airing Sunday, May 7, 9/8c
http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/100-days-diana-hosted-martin-bashir-airing-sunday-46994792
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:19:48 am by Fly on the wall » Logged

gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 04:26:21 pm »

Jeez, they just can´t leave her in peace.  Diana´s only legacy, as far as I am concerned, are the two idiot sons she produced, and it ends there, fulll stop, at the moment for at least two reasons that spring to mind immediately.
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 06:08:52 pm »

Diana brought a breath of fresh air and a worldwide interest to the BRF that had never been seen before.  They desperately need someone like her now. 

sandy
Princess

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 08:06:36 pm »

I am grateful that Charles and Camilla did not succeed in airbrushing her out (the let's move on mantra).  Charles also had a hand in producing William and Harry.

Diana has a legacy of charity work which she was recognized for by world leaders such as Nelson Mandela who did not mention her sons when referring to her "legacy."
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 09:12:44 pm »

Not sure whether to put this here or the "random chat", mods, feel free to move!

>> Hidden turmoil behind Diana's funeral: Her body was kept in a 'makeshift morgue', William refused to walk behind the coffin and the Queen hid TVs at Balmoral to protect her grandsons

Documentary Diana: 7 Days That Shook The Windsors airs on Channel 5
    Officials had just one week to organise event watched by two billion woldwide
    William, 15, initially refused to walk behind coffin but was persuaded by Charles
    Aides set up fans to keep body cool in Paris hospital in sweltering August heat
    Organisers initially feared they wouldn't have enough people to fill Abbey

It was one of the most watched events in history with two billion people tuning in worldwide and two thousand attending the ceremony at Westminster Abbey.

Now details of the fraught preparations for Princess Diana's funeral are set to be revealed for the first time in a Channel 5 documentary Diana: 7 Days That Shook The Windsors.

With just a week for the funeral to be arranged, tensions understandably ran high as the royals battled with Downing Street over arrangements, such as whether William and Harry should walk behind the coffin - with the older Prince initially refusing to take part in the procession.

The documentary also reveals how Paul Burrell and Diana's chauffeur Colin Tebbutt had to set up a make-shift morgue when they went to Paris to collect her body from the Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital, bringing in fans to keep the stifling August heat at bay and hanging blankets on the windows to deter photographers.

When news of Diana's death reached the royals in the early hours of the morning, they decided to delay telling William, 15, and Harry, 12, who were holidaying with the Queen at Balmoral, rather than waking them with the tragic news that would change their lives forever.

The monarch was so worried about the boys hearing traumatising details of their mothers death, she ordered that all TVs and radios be hidden. 

When the boys were told the heartbreaking news, Harry begged his father to let him accompany him to Paris to collect her body, but was made to stay behind.

Much of the tension among the funeral committee, which was made up of representatives from the royal family, Number 10, the police and Diana's family is laid bare by Tony Blair's former head of government relations Anji Hunter.

'The most tension in the room always came from Charles Spencer's people,' she revealed.

The programme will claim Earl Spencer wanted to walk alone behind Diana's coffin, but Prince Charles was adamant that he should join the procession.

The rest of the funeral team felt William and Harry, then 15 and 12, should be there, too.

However, William was refusing to join the procession, saying he wanted to grieve privately.

Hoping to persuade William to change his mind, five days before the funeral on September 6, the team set up a telephone conference call with Balmoral via a big loudspeaker box on their conference table.

'I can remember — it sends a tingle up my back, actually,' says Hunter. 'We were all talking about how William and Harry should be involved and suddenly from this box came Prince Philip's voice.

'We hadn't heard from him before, but he was really anguished.

'It's about the boys,' he cried, 'They've lost their mother.'

'I thought, "My God, there's a bit of suffering going on up there".'

Meanwhile, Diana's chauffeur Colin Tebbutt also talks on camera for the first time about what really happened in the hospital room when he and the Princess's butler, Paul Burrell, arrived in Paris to collect her body.

'I was worried about the room, which was very, very hot,' he said.

'We looked up at the window above the Princess's bed and could see people on rooftops, trying to take photos.

'It didn't seem as if they knew which room to look for at that stage, and I asked for blankets to hang up at the window, so nobody could see in.'

This made the room even hotter, so Tebbutt placed fans all around the Princess's body to keep her cool.

'I noticed her hair was moving — which was the breeze from the fans of course.

'But for just a fraction of a second I thought, 'Is she alive?' which was a silly thing to think.

'Having been on top of everything until then, I had to turn away and take 30 seconds to myself, as a personal emotional moment.'

Meanwhile, Paul Burrell revealed that he first knew something was wrong when he called Diana and she didn't answer. 

'Diana always had a mobile phone in her handbag, so I rang her phone and it rang and rang and rang, and I thought "it's very strange because she always answers her phone",' he recalled.

Recalling the moment he saw the royal's body at the Pitie-Salpetriere Hospital, he said: 'I honestly thought, entering that room and looking at her, "She is not really dead, it's just a joke, a very silly joke and you can wake up".'

Diana's private secretary reveals that as officials rushed to make arrangements for the funeral, they were initially worried they wouldn't have enough people to fill Westminster Abbey.

'There was no rule book to go to, no precedent, no tradition, nothing fitted the royal game plan,' he said.

'I remember saying if you get hold of a guest list for the Princess' Christmas drinks in 1995, invite everybody on that guest list and you won't have missed out anybody important.'

In the end there was certainly no problem with 2,000 people attending, but the pallbearers faced an additional challenge carrying Diana's 50 stone lead-lined coffin.

Pall bearer Philip Bartlet recalled: We got told we were going to try and simulate the weight with a kerb stone

'We were wearing metal studs and the Abbey's marble floor was like an ice skating rink.' <<

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4552500/Hidden-turmoil-Diana-s-funeral-revealed.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 01:07:49 am »

Much of this is old news.
LadyAva
gossip insider

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 06:32:09 am »

My thoughts exactly. It's all leaked out over the years. I was hoping to hear new tidbits. Not how Willy pitched a hissy fit.

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."  Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 06:42:57 am »

You know, I would be so sick of this.

Diana died in a car accident with an irresponsible playboy; she got mixed up with the wrong crowd and ended up dead as a result. If she had chosen to stick to her original schedule, she would likely be alive and able to live out a full life. I am certain I am sick of hearing about Diana's 'tragic life.'

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 11:52:30 am »

Diana was sticking to the schedule, she was set to go back to the UK the next day and had the tickets. The only thing that was off kilter was how Dodi defied his father and told him they would not stay overnight at the Ritz and he wanted to go back to his apartment. I would say Diana got mixed up with the wrong crowd when she married Prince Charles, that was the true disaster for her. The man was too selfish to make any sort of good husband and he cut her loose after she had the children he needed. Diana ended up dead because she was in the hands of an irresponsible medical team that had her stay in the car for an overlong period of time before they worked to get her out of the car and then stuck in an overlong ambulance. It was too late to save her when she got to the hospital. The average family who had a situation like this where a loved one was treated the same, could have sued for malpractice. I am sick of Camilla and Charles playing victims and trying desperately to try to justify themselves when attention is brought to Diana.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 09:32:40 pm »

More repeats...

'Is it true that Mummy's dead?': Prince Harry's heartbreaking words to Charles as the royals carried on as normal and attended church just hours after telling the boys Diana had died

Revelation made by Tina Brown in Diana: 7 Days That Shook The Windsors
    Young Prince couldn't believe his mother was dead as nothing had changed
    Family attended church at Balmoral and no mention of Diana made at service
    Queen hid TVs and radios so boys wouldn't hear any distressing details on news

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4555508/Prince-Harry-couldn-t-believe-Diana-died.html

'You did the right thing staying with your grandsons ': Incredible moment a 'shaking' Queen was comforted by a royal fan as she faced a bitter public backlash after Diana's death

Katie and Enid Jones appear in Channel 5 documentary about Diana's death
    Diana: 7 Days That Shook The Windsors recalls backlash against Queen
    Perceived as uncaring for remaining at Balmoral while the capital mourned
    When she finally returned she was comforted by Katie who gave her flowers
    Prince Philip snapped at people in crowd who told Queen to look after the boys

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4556404/Queen-comforted-royal-fan-Diana-death-backlash.html
sandy
Princess

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 12:54:41 am »

When someone has just died,  prayers for the person are said--a hospital chaplain comes to the hospital room in some cases to pray with the family. The Queen did not allow prayers to be said for the boys' mother after they were brought to Church looking shell shocked. I think that was disgraceful and unnatural.

The Queen was wrong in this case.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: