Royal Gossip
November 16, 2018, 06:25:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charles' Toxic Court and Behaviour  (Read 7963 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2018, 08:17:56 am »

You know, I wonder WHY Charles would do that, publicly name his mistress; he ended up blowing Camilla's marriage to bits and I do think that like Wallis, Camilla was content to be married to her husband and still would be if in fact Charles (like Edward VIII) weren't so childishly dependent on her.

As for remarriage, all that ended the minute Camilla was outed and it also became clear through Camilla's PR campaign that she was never going to let him go this time to another woman. I often wonder if Camilla had a hand in that public outing of her relationship with Charles somehow. Diana also publicly named Camilla as well. Since the PR demanded some kind of perverse fairy tale, it would have been impossible for Charles to find someone new and young to bring him more children/heirs and I do believe that he would have liked to marry someone else. Maybe a foreign aristocrat with the same level of ambition in the Spencer family, or maybe a deposed royal princess.

Instead he's stuck presiding over a small court of his own loaded with freaks and perverts.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2018, 06:34:03 pm »

Diana never publicly named Camilla until after Charles did. In 1995 with the famous comment there were three of us in this marriage so it was a bit crowded.

Charles named Camilla in 1994.

Morton never wrote that Camilla was Charles mistress or lover, just his 'friend' he did not want to be sued. There was some wiggle room because Charles friends rushed out to say he and Camilla were just friends. And some believed it.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2018, 07:42:36 pm »

Off topic...

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2018, 09:48:14 pm »

You know, in the past, a Prince of Wales would be shipped off to the Welsh Marches and reside in Ludlow castle and hold court there, kind of as a training for being the future Sovereign. I genuinely believe that if Charles were to have been assigned to live in Wales and work on bettering the lives of his subjects as king in training, he would have had less time to mess with Camilla and mess with his toxic Highgrove set. If he'd been ordered to live in Wales and make something of his time and training there, I'm certain he would in fact have ended up with a lot more respect. That set is part and parcel just a bunch of people with too much time and money on their hands and clearly none of them have grown or matured. He's not the Prince of Cornwall or Prince of Highgrove.

If he'd been holding court is an officially appointed Viceroy representing Her Majesty as titular head of Wales, it would have been perfect mainly since he is the Prince of Wales and he is in fact someone who should be serving the principality of Wales.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2018, 11:36:11 pm »

Yes, Charles should have been having his own court at Ludlow. I agree.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2018, 11:58:54 pm »

Thanks.

If he had been forced to live where his title resides, his primary title, I am dead sure that he would be a better man. He would in fact likely be doing a fantastic job by now mainly since despite his doltishness at times, he has the energy and savvy to make change. Look at all the Prince's Trust has done and look at how the Duchy of Cornwall is thriving. If he had brought that savvy to Wales, he would be lauded as a fantastic future leader and he would certainly be someone who would have set a fantastic example to his two sons. Diana would be a mini-queen as Princess of Wales and would be acting as a provincial vicereine and Charles would be a Viceroy in all but name. The entire principality would be a buzzing cultural center and Charles would have a lot more credibility as a voice of influence and expertise.

He would be too busy for a mistress, or at least his mistress and her allies would be firmly on the sidelines and not able to undermine the consort. The public in Wales would also not tolerate any of her BS, which only would bring the bonus of a much reduced chance of complications or drama or troublemaking. Instead he was allowed to waste himself in a decadent social set that has done nothing but undermine his development and maturity.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: