Royal Gossip
May 24, 2017, 12:33:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terror incident in London  (Read 417 times)
deGuernsey
Baroness

« on: March 22, 2017, 05:32:34 pm »

sauer
bbc.com/news/live/uk-39355505
bbc.com/news/uk-39355940

My heart and soul with all our Brtish friends and family... hug please take care of yourselves  hug
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 05:37:16 pm by deGuernsey » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 05:53:30 pm »

London Evening Standard saying the stabbed policeman is dead.  If true then God rest his soul, and utmost sympathies to his family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4339492/MP-gave-mouth-mouth-stabbed-policeman.html

Sad day for the UK, there are some sick saddos in this world.
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:57:51 pm »

^The poor, dear man. A bobbie he was called, no? Both armed and unarmed police officers are called bobbies? Oh my gosh I slept in late today and woke up to my bbc news alert on my mobile ringing with this story!   Shocked

Just heard on telly 4 dead including attacker and police officer GB mentioned in above post and 20 injured.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:02:53 pm by deGuernsey » Logged
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 06:10:40 pm »

http://abcnews.go.com/International/firearms-incident-reported-uk-houses-parliament/story?id=46300284

Prayers and support from the people and State Dept of the USA.

This is so awful for all involved. 

sauer indeed.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
marion
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:24:03 pm »

Just confirmed 4 dead. I'm sure all our condolences go out to the families of the dead and injured. 

Still waiting for the Muslim Mayor of London to make a statement, perhaps offering his sympathy to the families of those affected
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 07:29:53 pm »

Four dead, so very sad, my heart goes out to their families, and the other victims, who are apparently quite badly injured too -  I believe one of the dead was the Asian who knifed the policeman.  I don´t trust the Mayor of London one inch, he is a muslim himself.  You get good and bad in all people, I do understand that, but he has never filled me with confidence from the day he became mayor.  Not surprised still waiting for a statement, about what I would expect from him.  He needs to go, insane for him to be mayor, should never have happened.

@deGuernsey  -  a small history of why uniformed policemen are called "bobbies"

http://www.saywhydoi.com/the-bobby-policeman-why-are-policemen-called-bobbies/
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 07:47:53 pm »

Mods, sorry for double post, I am timed out from modifying the one above, but I just found this article, posted on FB 5 mins ago

London parliament attacker is known ‘*despise*-preacher’ Abu Izzadeen

https://www.redflagnews.com/headlines-2017/london-parliament-attacker-is-known-*despise*-preacher-abu-izzadeen
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 08:33:49 pm »

^ Thanks. Gingerbread.  flower  Bobbies has a better ring to it than Peelers!  Jajaja!  tehe And this is why this forum is so great. The posters are very knowledgeable, very perceptive and very generous. Fab. flower
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 08:41:08 pm »

It seems to be getting worse all the time. Prayers for all.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 08:43:13 pm »

Heartbreaking. When will they wake up? Only yesterday they were paying tribute to another terrorist scum that had died.
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 09:02:43 pm »

My initial understanding was that there were two of them, and that's kind of how it was portrayed on non-English media. Foreign media often gives some facts quicker out than domestic media I have noticed (so for example after that idiot crashed the plane on purpose in the Alps, remember that?, English media had new info a lot sooner out than German media and now I see info coming out in German media quicker than in English..)

To be honest I was expecting for something to happen sooner or later in London. Too important a (&big) a city not to. That is the sad truth. From what I gather it's though unclear still whether it was terrorism or just an idiot(s) on the loose..
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 09:04:04 pm »

He was known to the authorities. It's confirmed as terrorism.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 09:41:23 pm »

Yes, the Metropolitan Police confirmed it was a terrorist act and made that announcement within a couple of hours of the attack.
HRHOlya
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 09:51:15 pm »

Yes, sorry, my writing was a bit off. I know the met confirmed as much, I was only personally unsure about it because no other info was available, no reports of terrorists and their typical phrase right before attack or similar, so I didn't quite know how they could be so quickly so sure it was a terror attack. That's what I actually meant. Media in the UK has also proclaimed a known *despise* preacher as one of the attackers, though he's apparently currently in prison.. (that guy from the link above)

There was also that bomb a few months ago on the tube, but that was quickly dealt with. Still all scary. Terrible times :(
Stargazer
courtier

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 08:34:41 am »

Just turned on the news to hear that seven people have been arrested. We are thinking of you all over there. A very sad day indeed.
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 09:07:57 am »

I wish these horribly senselesses came to an end. Prayers for all.

Joanna
gossip insider

Isabella of Portugal, Holy Roman Empress

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 01:03:56 pm »

My deepest condolences to the victims and their families, the Londoners and the British people. My thoughts and prayers are with you. It's heartbreaking. I can't avoid to remember this verse of this beautiful song "Rule Britannia! Britannia rule the waves. Britons never, never, never shall be slaves!", it's so beautiful and hopeful. The extremist islamic reign of terror must come to an end, there is no dialogue nor negotiation possible with this brainwashed people still living in the Dark Ages.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 03:07:57 pm »

^Agreed.  My condolences as well for all countries' victims involved in this horror.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/03/23/london-terror-attack-isis-claims-responsibility-for-deadly-rampage-outside-parliament-building.html

The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the terror attack that left four people dead, including the assailant and a police officer, outside of London’s Parliament building on Wednesday, according to the Amaq media agency.

"The perpetrator of the attacks yesterday in front of the British Parliament in London is an Islamic State soldier and he carried out the operation in response to calls to target citizens of the coalition," the Amaq statement said.

On Thursday, British police announced that six homes were raided and eight arrests were made in connection to the Wednesday terror attack that left four dead, including the attacker and a police officer.

The prime minister said people from 11 countries were among the wounded victims, including one American. Others included: 12 Britons, 3 French, 2 Romanians, 4 South Koreans, 1 German, 1 Pole, 1 Irish, 1 Chinese, 1 Italian, and two Greeks required hospital treatment.

Parliament began its moment of silence at 9:33 a.m. (5:33 a.m. ET), honoring the slain police officer, 48-year-old Palmer, a 15-year veteran of the Metropolitan Police and a former soldier. Parliament then returned to business, an act of defiance to those who had attacked British democracy.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 04:43:44 pm »

A nice little video of Queen Letizia sending condolences from Spain for the London terrorist attack  -  speaking in English.  It is the 5th item down, or was when I just looked at it.

https://twitter.com/CasaReal
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 03:59:03 pm »

BREAKING NEWS: Second 'terror attack' in Westminster: Armed police pin man with 'a rucksack full of knives' to the ground after 'stop and search' just yards from Parliament

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4451870/Armed-police-seal-Parliament-Square.html#ixzz4fSiUZiEo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: