Royal Gossip
November 18, 2017, 04:22:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portrait Gala - March 28  (Read 2050 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: March 14, 2017, 10:50:39 am »

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend the 2017 Portrait Gala at the National Portrait Gallery in London on March 28.

Royal reporter

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 11:02:57 am »

Hope there is no portrait of her.  That first one of her was dreadful, and the sad thing was that it typified her 100%.  That artist brought out the real council cath, and it was not a pretty sight.   What does she know about art and portraits anyway,  do they teach that sort of thing on Towie?   Never watch it so I would not know.  Maybe she has had lessons in paint by numbers, getting a bit of practice in with her colouring books she is so mad about.  Her photographic work was rubbisn, her photoshopping of sprog photos so obvious a blind man could notice.  Wonder if she will ask can you tell it is paint by the smell, or some such daft remarks as she is prone to doing.  That woman shouild not be let out, she is not safe to foist on to the public.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 01:21:56 pm »

^ The parodies of that portrait are worth their weight in gold!

I haven't played since I stopped
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 11:48:41 pm »

^do post please.   flower

thankyou
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:30 am »

Her eyes are dead, just as they are in real life as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2260655/Kate-Middleton-Rotten-official-portrait-Duchess-Cambridge-artist-Paul-Emsley-unveiled.html
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 09:19:16 am »

I don't know why her PR team force this art gallery thing on her because she has no idea of it and isn't interested in it.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 04:44:44 pm »

^^id forgotten about that GB. thanks for posting.

And the artist did carp th her dead eyes too.  thankyou
buflesse
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 05:11:58 pm »

I emailed Paul Emsley several years ago to say that I found his work masterful, in that it revealed the ruthless, cold ambition in Kate. Obviously he was as tactful as possible but he didn't disagree at all and found my interpretation very interesting.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 05:25:40 pm »

^ Tell us more! easter-bunny

I haven't played since I stopped
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 06:18:35 pm »

In case you want to revisit I beleive Buflesse told us about it in the original thread.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 07:54:12 pm »

Rebecca English‏Verified account @RE_DailyMail
 The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a green lace Temperley dress with @kikimcdonough earrings tonight

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8BqoP1W0AEelCr.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8BrhCkXQAEiVWe.jpg

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 08:01:14 pm »

That angle is so good.

I think she should have used this one in France not that ugly blue thing.

Little light
Baroness

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 08:02:39 pm »

I agree and do prefer the stronger bolder colours on her.

An improvement.
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 08:22:57 pm »

Catherine Wylie‏Verified account @wyliecatherine
Video: Kate admiring the work of Gillian Wearing and chatting to the artist at the @NPGLondon
https://twitter.com/wyliecatherine/status/846799935974592513

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8BuuCaX0AAbEd-.jpg

She wore the dress before HM private b-day dinner 2016
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8BrqFeV4AA0yEN.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/28/19/3EB78AD400000578-4357744-Kate_s_elegant_lace_dress_showed_off_her_very_slim_figure_to_ful-m-70_1490727546079.jpg

She's a real work of art! Kate wows in a forest green lace dress by Temperley London for a glittering gala at the National Portrait Gallery

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4357744/Duchess-Cambridge-National-Portrait-Gallery-gala.html#ixzz4ceNALH4J
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 09:07:43 pm »

The video highlights how disturbingly emaciated she is. Really awful and shocking to see, she looks like a stick with a mop of hair on top. In pics it's obvious, but videos... goodness! Can you imagine what she looks like in person? When kids "hug" her, you must hear her skeleton clattering, must feel like hugging a bag of bones.

The dress is literally what she has already ten times over. Always the same.
New earrings (which I don't like, at least not the gargantuan colourless dangly part), look like kiki mcdough or whatshername.
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 10:27:44 pm »

I actually think she looks bigger than she has in years (aside from being pregnant).  Much improved. I like the dress and colour.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 10:38:57 pm »

^^  Yes, rake thin, and I think she has worn that frock a couple of times, or something very similar.  She is so heavily plastered with make up it is amazing it does not melt off and trickle down her face.  She looks such a mess these days, as if she is up crying all night and every night.  The eyes are still dead as a dodo, she has no presence at all.  Few turn up for her.  A disastrous looking female who looks like a broom stick with green lace over it.
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 11:06:02 pm »

Alexa Chung makes Kate look huge.
india
Princess

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 02:06:05 am »

Everyone please note that in several of these photos the Potato Head's man hand is sliding down to her crotch. Why can't' she keep her nasty humongous hands away from that thing?
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 01:18:44 pm »

^^  Have to agree to disagree on that one.  Yes, I think Alexa is very very slim, but she is not emaciated like council cath, her shoulder blades are nowhere near as sharp as a knife like those of council cath either.  She also has a much slighter frame and does not look ill and gaunt like council cath.  Both females need meat on their bones that much is obvious.  Obviously both like looking mega slim. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: