Royal Gossip
August 15, 2018, 04:51:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince William prefers skiing over royal duties  (Read 11182 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2017, 07:56:17 pm »

^ HMQ values very much her role as Head of the Commonwealth and expects all her family to attend that Service.  

If she expects all members of the family to attend the service why didn't Charles and Camilla attend last year? Charles too is going to be Head of the Commonwealth.

In 2014 she only had Charles and Camilla and William and Kate with her - not 'all members of the family at all.

In fact she doesn't expect the rest of the family to attend - based on the attendance record in the past. This was an exceptionally high turn out of members of the family.

I agree, Gingerboy, that the Cambridges would not have been given the day off to miss that event, especially as the Commonwealth Day Service is planned a year ahead so there can be no diary conflicts.  

I disagree as the past evidence is that only a few members of the family do normally attend and even Charles and Camilla missed last year's service.

PW has just shown his contempt for HMQ and the Commonwealth - and I hope that the next Commonwealth country he wants to visits refuses to pay any of his expenses.

They won't as it is a mutual invitation issued by the governments with a clear understanding of how these tours are funded.

I imagine that Knauf's excuse will be that KM knew and approved of PW's skiing jaunt with his chums.

The reality is that if HM wanted William to be present he would have been present. The family know when they are expected to attend events as their calendars are determined at least six months in advance so HM did approve William's non-attendance, as much as people here would like to believe otherwise she is the one who makes these decisions and is the one who approves holidays etc. William would have had to tell her where he was going so that she, and the government of the day, knew where he was at any given time. Not only did HM approve but so did the PM (official permission of parliament is no longer required for senior members of the RF to leave the country but the PM must know where the first 2 - 3 in the line of succession are at any given time.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2017, 08:01:52 pm »

I am not sure the Queen was exactly happy with William going partying with models instead of being at a royal event.  Charles did not go on a weekend "tear" when he did not attend last year.
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2017, 08:13:18 pm »

^ Braying Billy probably stamped his hooves and kicked the stall door down.

I haven't played since I stopped
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2017, 08:24:13 pm »

In the mean time Wimpo " worked" only 13 days so far this year! stop
http://news.sky.com/story/royal-duties-on-13-days-for-prince-william-so-far-this-year-10801873
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2017, 08:29:03 pm »

13 DAYS?! Geez!  sauer
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2017, 08:32:43 pm »

I think this year is a bit different though, because of the Brexit and the emphasis of Britain on its commonwealth links and wanting to up trade following the leave of the EU. This is one of the engagements Liz views as one of the most important of the year, so it would have been best to show solidarity and have the heirs on show, to show that future generations are secure and the importance of those nations in these difficult political times. That's why they trot out the kids and have pics especially taken that show the head with heirs (Liz - Chuck - Bill - Mike George).
Then you take the heavy criticism re the Cambs lack of any work ethic whatsoever, the highly damaging idiocy of St Patrick's Day last year (and last minute confirmation of their attendance this year), and an idiot can see a mile off that it's a very very bad look that Bill (& Waity) skip such an important event, in favour of what? Yes, exactly, another bloody holiday, where Bill is seen flirting with blonde models. Nice family man, nice family men all of them (not).
I have also no respect for Pelly, leaving his pregnant wife for this folly jolly, I don't care that it's a short flight away (also, environment issues anyone? ah, I forgot, that's just for the plebs, like DiCap's "don't fly" who then goes on yachts, rings in the New Year in Oz on a yacht, flies to the US shortly after and rings in the New Year there again.. smh!) and I don't care that he runs that club in Verbier. Leaving your spouse who's due any minute or maybe has given birth (in spite of nannies) is just horrible.

I think Liz is unhappy about many things, but her unfortunate nature is to bury her head, but she's also so old, maybe she says "feck it, I'll do as I was taught and do my job, and the others fend for themselves, I'm sick of it." Wouldn't blame her. She wants to go on a "high" and in peace, and she's likely to achieve that only if she ignores the useless idiots in her family and carrys on. Though if she has 10 or so more years in her, I can only say that it's going to be very hard for her to ignore the downward spiral, but also unnecessarily stressful to have to deal with such fights in the family...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:34:24 pm by HRHOlya » Logged
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2017, 08:46:16 pm »

There is no two ways about it in my opinion  -  he should have been at the Commonwealth get together.  End of.  I can find no excuse for his behaviour, not even one teensy excuse.  If he has "worked" - *cough cough* for 13 days this year so far, after a long Christmas/New Year break, then why the h*ll does he need a holiday.  Not as if he is hard worked, skivvies to do everything for him, very little work done, no work ethic in fact, so there was no legitimate excuse for him to be off skiing.  I will never believe HM gave him the day off, no way, whoever came up with that ridiculous pr sentence should be sacked immediately.  He should have been there and that is the end of it.  He wasn´t, he went off skiiing, he won´t like the flack but tough luck, he created it.  Him, as a future king, I can ony  hope the monarchy is gone by that time, because he would is a very, very unsuitable person for the job. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2017, 08:50:45 pm »

I think this year is a bit different though, because of the Brexit and the emphasis of Britain on its commonwealth links and wanting to up trade following the leave of the EU. This is one of the engagements Liz views as one of the most important of the year, so it would have been best to show solidarity and have the heirs on show, to show that future generations are secure and the importance of those nations in these difficult political times. That's why they trot out the kids and have pics especially taken that show the head with heirs (Liz - Chuck - Bill - Mike George).
Then you take the heavy criticism re the Cambs lack of any work ethic whatsoever, the highly damaging idiocy of St Patrick's Day last year (and last minute confirmation of their attendance this year), and an idiot can see a mile off that it's a very very bad look that Bill (& Waity) skip such an important event, in favour of what? Yes, exactly, another bloody holiday, where Bill is seen flirting with blonde models. Nice family man, nice family men all of them (not).

I have also no respect for Pelly, leaving his pregnant wife for this folly jolly, I don't care that it's a short flight away (also, environment issues anyone? ah, I forgot, that's just for the plebs, like DiCap's "don't fly" who then goes on yachts, rings in the New Year in Oz on a yacht, flies to the US shortly after and rings in the New Year there again.. smh!) and I don't care that he runs that club in Verbier. Leaving your spouse who's due any minute or maybe has given birth (in spite of nannies) is just horrible.

Pelly's girlfriend had to have had a clear idea of the kind of personality she was marrying and as for Kate, she had a decade of character assessment to decide if whether or not she would be the one that William would genuinely want a stable, settled family life with. Frankly, neither women have any business getting upset over this. If they are, they made a clear informed choice to marry these men who clearly didn't view them worth settling down for.

I think Liz is unhappy about many things, but her unfortunate nature is to bury her head, but she's also so old, maybe she says "feck it, I'll do as I was taught and do my job, and the others fend for themselves, I'm sick of it." Wouldn't blame her. She wants to go on a "high" and in peace, and she's likely to achieve that only if she ignores the useless idiots in her family and carrys on. Though if she has 10 or so more years in her, I can only say that it's going to be very hard for her to ignore the downward spiral, but also unnecessarily stressful to have to deal with such fights in the family...

HM will have to answer to her ancestors and God for her inaction as well as her actions.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Stephanie
Princess

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2017, 09:15:14 pm »

If it is true HM knew about Wimpo's holiday this could also be a set up to start Wimpo and Waity's much needed divorce.
It's got all the old school elements to get a divorce.
In a bygone era you had to PROVE adultery to get a divorce and a lot of couples who wanted a divorce but were not cheating hired an actress.
She and the husband would then go to a hotel, stay over and made sure there were photographs.
Maybe it's a long shot but I see similarities here.
Wimpo skips an important even and leaves people wondering about his whereabouts.
Then he pops up in the company of a topless "model" who just happens to live in one of the most expensive surroundings out there without any wages to speak of (cough, cough
marion
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2017, 09:21:11 pm »

^^^ITA GB.  I'm sure ER expects Willy to pull his weight and undertake royal duties and in particular important events like Commonwealth Day Service. The trouble is he doesn't appear to take any notice of what anyone else wants or to  have any sense of responsibility with regards to his share of royal duties and noone seems able or willing to take him to task over this.

I will never believe ER sanctioned this holiday and i cant understand why some people are so  keen to make excuses for him, except for his friends or staff of course.

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2017, 10:21:50 pm »

I know the women knew who they were marrying and it's not like I had much, if any, respect for Pelly before that, must be the appalled idiot in me talking.. In those circles it's still so normal to cheat on spouses, shove kids off to boarding school etc etc.. As for Kate, at times some sympathy comes up and I feel sorry for her, but then that goes away within seconds. What gets to me is not the social climbing and all that (Bill was dumb enough after all, no sympathy there, the family did nothing to get Bill away from the Medds and I have to say I can understand wanting a better social position for oneself, esp in Britain where the class system and people's minds are still stuck in the 18th cent and if you're not higher up you're no one and chances of success are dim..), but the fact that all three Medd women are such ugly and nasty bullies. Not one of the Midds, no, all three women and James isn't known to be good either. I'm only in the dark re Mike. Scarole is nasty, Pipster is nasty and Waity is nasty and she doesn't contain her uppity feelings and disdain even on engagements, which for her last 40 mins and she can't hide her feeling for even that short period. I feel sorry for her and then remember the nasty stories and deadly looks she gives to literally everyone, and any sympathy is gone. How stupid was she to drive away and estrange even the higher up women in the social set? And what kind of family is that when the mother and her daughters all turn out to be bullying a''holes?

An interesting take re launching a divorce or even prepping people to get rid of Bill. I guess we'll see. But I do think it's unlikely that they are preparing the public in such a way to remove Bill from the line, mostly because I feel like the monarchy is on shaky ground and they can't afford to ditch any of the heirs. Charles is mostly unpopular, Bill is unpopular too and Harry's reputation is these days also going down the drain. If they were to remove Bill I think it would be similar to the way they did with David (& Wallis), rather than shake the boat right now when republicanism seems to gain popularity, no popular heir anywhere close (in line) and heavy political change..
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2017, 10:35:04 pm »

^ HMQ values very much her role as Head of the Commonwealth and expects all her family to attend that Service.  

If she expects all members of the family to attend the service why didn't Charles and Camilla attend last year? Charles too is going to be Head of the Commonwealth.

In 2014 she only had Charles and Camilla and William and Kate with her - not 'all members of the family at all.

In fact she doesn't expect the rest of the family to attend - based on the attendance record in the past. This was an exceptionally high turn out of members of the family.

I agree, Gingerboy, that the Cambridges would not have been given the day off to miss that event, especially as the Commonwealth Day Service is planned a year ahead so there can be no diary conflicts.  

I disagree as the past evidence is that only a few members of the family do normally attend and even Charles and Camilla missed last year's service.

PW has just shown his contempt for HMQ and the Commonwealth - and I hope that the next Commonwealth country he wants to visits refuses to pay any of his expenses.

They won't as it is a mutual invitation issued by the governments with a clear understanding of how these tours are funded.

I imagine that Knauf's excuse will be that KM knew and approved of PW's skiing jaunt with his chums.

The reality is that if HM wanted William to be present he would have been present. The family know when they are expected to attend events as their calendars are determined at least six months in advance so HM did approve William's non-attendance, as much as people here would like to believe otherwise she is the one who makes these decisions and is the one who approves holidays etc. William would have had to tell her where he was going so that she, and the government of the day, knew where he was at any given time. Not only did HM approve but so did the PM (official permission of parliament is no longer required for senior members of the RF to leave the country but the PM must know where the first 2 - 3 in the line of succession are at any given time.

Since when was it the place of a member to dissect and correct other members, item by item.  Presumably you are giving your opinions/saying what you think, which may or may not be correct.  This is a forum, not a court of law, and we are requested to agree to disagree, not point out what people have said and tear it apart.

Also, what has past evidence got to do with anything.  This year was different, as evidenced by the turn out.  As none of us are privy to what HM and the rf are thinking and authorising, all we can do is assume.  I stand my ground, I do not think that HM gave the lamebridges the day off, but I am not categorically stating that is the truth of the matter.  I do not know whether she did or not, it is my view, and I see no good reason why opinion is wrong and yours is right when neither of know exactly what HM did or did not do.

I could go on, but I will not,, because all you are saying is what you think, not the plain unvarnished truth hot off the press from the rf, you are not privy to their thoughts/actions and I think it was very rude of you to correct me, and other members, when you know nothing more than we do when forming our opinions, and saying that yours are correct, when none of know exactly what the truth is.  We have opinions and thoughts, and they are ours, to be respected, not pulled apart for what you think is correct.  It is 50/50 as to which of us are right and which are wrong, and we never know who is.  Unless you have firm knowledge straight from the rf then I request that you do not correct my opinions in the future please.               

Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2017, 10:45:48 pm »

^ and meememe up there:  If you have a personal grievance, please come to a Mod with that so things don't escalate.  As for meememe's post, please tone it down.  Everyone, all members, are entitled to their own opinions not to say who is right or wrong on this forum.  Unless it's a proven fact and then please use some tact.

For all members, if you have an issue with another poster, the best thing to do, before posting, is to bring the matter to one of the Moderators.  We know that we no longer have the reporting ability as we used to but we take any message seriously and appreciate it when you do it that way.  And it helps for better understanding all the way around.  Thank you!  Alexandrine and YM

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:55:42 pm by YooperModerator » Logged

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2017, 12:04:21 am »

For some reason the dm takes longer to report than other papers & outlets. I wonder if they talk to KP or Clarence House or BP before publishing?

>> King of the dance floor! Prince William is captured on camera showing off his 'dad dancing' moves in a Verbier nightclub just hours before he missed Commonwealth Day service

Wills was dancing in a Verbier nightclub hours before senior royals attended a service at Westminster Abbey
    Prince drank beer in the upmarket resort with nightclub boss Guy Pelly and Australian model Sophie Taylor
    He was seen giving Ms Taylor a high five as they enjoyed a lazy lunch on mountainside restaurant La Vache
    It is believed that he left his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, and their young children at home for weekend
    Decision to miss such a key event in the royal calendar will inevitably revive criticism that prince is 'workshy' <<

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4313448/Prince-William-videoed-showing-dad-dancing-moves.html
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2017, 12:07:26 am »

RICHARD KAY: The topless model, dad dancing and 'Jagerbombs'... How Prince William's lads' weekend sees him step into yet another pleasure-versus-duty minefield

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4314278/Prince-William-topless-model-dad-dancing-Jagerbombs.html#ixzz4bLejhpXg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

'She is a girl of integrity. There is no way she would put him in an awkward position': Mother of the Australian beauty who partied with Prince William on a boys' Swiss ski holiday breaks her silence... as the model is left 'in shock' at media reaction

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4312746/Mother-Aussie-pictured-Prince-William-speaks-out.html#ixzz4bLfzGb1Y
Whatever you say ma.  eating cookies
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:10:29 am by windsor2 » Logged

Keep Calm and Carry On
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2017, 12:14:04 am »

Well, isn't this interesting (and embarrassing). 

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
india
Princess

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2017, 12:19:32 am »

Mortifying
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2017, 12:23:56 am »

RICHARD KAY: The topless model, dad dancing and 'Jagerbombs'... How Prince William's lads' weekend sees him step into yet another pleasure-versus-duty minefield
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4314278/Prince-William-topless-model-dad-dancing-Jagerbombs.html#ixzz4bLejhpXg
'She is a girl of integrity. There is no way she would put him in an awkward position': Mother of the Australian beauty who partied with Prince William on a boys' Swiss ski holiday breaks her silence... as the model is left 'in shock' at media reaction
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4312746/Mother-Aussie-pictured-Prince-William-speaks-out.html#ixzz4bLfzGb1Y
Whatever you say ma.  eating cookies

William is the one doing this to himself.

I think Kate can't handle this; this is her karma for demanding he marry her before he really lived a fuller life and frankly I don't think she had any business putting the expectation on his shoulders to marry her, on her terms/timeline. This always happens and even if he didn't marry her, while dating he was under no obligation to marry her. He didn't owe her anything, least of all the rest of his life. This is what happens when young people marry and neither are ready for it. Now she had the ring after all her pressure and now he's acting out, not being the husband she thinks she deserves.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2017, 12:38:43 am »

This reminds me of the time he broke up with her in 2007 and was seen celebrating with his mates, saying "I'm free." He looks like he could care less at how this looks; like he was granted permission from the queen and Parlament a divorce.  eating cookies  I can't help but think that the Harry mess was dragged out longer than it should've been because it may've had something to do with Wills trying to unload Waity. Her staff's been taken away from her, first Rebecca and now I'm hearing her so called stylist might go as she's engaged to the photographer that Wills from time to time.

Keep Calm and Carry On
munchkin
royal watcher

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2017, 01:11:51 am »

Oh what tangled web we weave  WilliamKate. I wonder how this will be addressed by KP if it's addressed at all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: