Royal Gossip
May 28, 2017, 05:49:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State Visit from Spain 6-8 June 2017  (Read 431 times)
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« on: March 10, 2017, 07:30:00 pm »

eating cookies

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:19:31 pm »

Let's hope WK recognises them this time.  eating cookies
Sheridan_is_appalled
courtier

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 08:26:15 pm »

Kathy would be asking Bill if she's skinnier than Letizia, because that's all she'd be concerned about.

I haven't played since I stopped
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 10:03:37 pm »

Will Princess Leonor and Princess Sofia come for the State Visit?
Sheridan_is_appalled
courtier

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 10:14:21 pm »

Probably not.  I'm sure they have better things to do.

I haven't played since I stopped
FrederickLouis
courtier

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 12:00:47 am »

Princess Leonor is the Princess of Asturias, the heiress to the Spanish throne. Is she considered too young to learn certain royal duties?
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 12:06:04 am »

I am excited about this one - Letizia and Felipe are two of my favs!  What will she wear to the state dinner?
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 02:49:48 am »

^^  On occasions Royal heirs of Infanta Leonor's age observe certain State and official occasions from the audience, or sit with their parents. Most Royal heirs to thrones who are of school age don't take part in ceremonies, though occasionally there will be fun things for them to do like christen boats as young Princess Ingrid-Alexandra did in Norway a year or two ago, with her grandfather the King present. They are expected to finish their schooling and go on to university and apply themselves. That's all that's required. Occasionally, in the university years young royals do perform a Royal engagement or two on their own, but it's quite rare, in European monarchies anyway.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 02:50:27 pm »

Not everyone wants to haul their sprogs on state visits just to garner some good pr  -  which appears to be the main reason bill medd and council cath took their sprogs on tour with them, it is not the norm, plenty of time in a couple of years time for the little Spanish princesses to go on state visits, let they enjoy their childhood whilst they still can.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 05:24:01 pm »

The Spanish Princesses are delightful little girls and would certainly show waity up if they did come...No flapping man hands, no crotch grabbing of gurning from them.
beline
gossip insider

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 08:23:17 pm »

That would be a first if the eleven-year-old Princess of Asturias and the nine-year-old Infanta Sofia were present for the State visit. AFAIK they never go abroad with their parents on official visits. Or at least not at official events during said visits.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 11:48:24 am »

As PM May has just called an election for June 8th it is highly probable that this visit won't go ahead again. It would be strange to be having a state visit during the final three days of a general election campaign.
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 11:51:30 am »

I was thinking the same and that the rumours could not be true. Though with the Gibraltar issue I was thinking it would be cancelled anyway.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fly on the wall
Princess

Lady of Threads

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2017, 05:13:58 am »

LONDON — Buckingham Palace says the state visit by the king and queen of Spain will be postponed because of Britain’s June 8 general election.

The visit will now take place from July 12-14.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/celebrities/spain-state-visit-delayed-by-uk-election/2017/04/21/96f43e6a-2680-11e7-928e-3624539060e8_story.html?utm_term=.43a8238163d8

NEVER *despise* correction,for those who correct you ,truly LOVE you .They are willing to displease you and possibly lose your friendship ,rather than see you destroyed. Those who *despise* you ,on the other hand ,will allow you to FAIL...because what do they care ?

Every praise is not good and every criticism is not evil..!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: