Royal Gossip
May 24, 2017, 03:13:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Perks Would You Eliminate to Streamline Royalty  (Read 227 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: February 28, 2017, 09:13:47 pm »

What perks would you eliminate if you were put in charge of streamlining royal expenditures?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Sheridan_is_appalled
courtier

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 09:57:04 pm »

I would just dissolve the monarchy altogether.

I haven't played since I stopped
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:26:40 pm »

^Took the words right out of my mouth.  No need to streamline, just consign them to the history books.  CanĀ“t last anyway, the UK is full of foreigners who have zero interest in the British rf and could not care less about them, let them go will be their thinking, and in many ways I agree on this occasion.  Antiquated, greedy, money grubbing lot who base their whole image on lies, lies and more lies.  Even HM got randy andy off the under age sex charge in the US, and then awareded him some kind of gong.  Yes, bring it on, get rid of them, their days of glory are over, in fact long gone.
Sheridan_is_appalled
courtier

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 11:54:24 pm »

Yes, it's just silly to keep this farce going.

I haven't played since I stopped
cate1949
Princess

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 12:44:30 am »

I think a lot has been done already - getting rid of the civil list - reducing the number of extended family who get tax payer support.  The big expenses now are BP - so perhaps moving the monarch into CH and making BP simply a public building that is used for special occasions might help.
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 03:37:50 am »

Limiting the number of palaces the RF can have. If you have an HRH, your home in the City is Buckingham Palace and in the countryside, your estate is Sandringham or Balmoral, or both. No large manors, no numerous houses or estates. Da nada. They have no business having huge palaces and vast staff for just two or three family members.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: