Royal Gossip
May 25, 2017, 12:17:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Diana have married Prince Andrew?  (Read 275 times)
FrederickLouis
courtier

« on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:50 pm »

Here is a picture of Diana and Prince Andrew:   
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/511440101419691278   
Should Diana have married Andrew?     
hug loveshower hug loveshower hug loveshower Kiss loveshower hug loveshower hug loveshower
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:32:23 pm »

^ No, Diana shouldn't have married Andrew. There's no evidence that either of them saw each other as romantic partners. There was always a lot made of Diana being a childhood friend of Andrew's but, except on a few occasions when she lived at Wood Farm and she and her brother went over to Sandringham to play with Andrew and Edward, they scarcely met.
If Charles was a pseudo intellectual, Andrew was a buffoon, and he like bouncy, jokey girls usually. Diana had a sense of humour but she wasn't his type. Their marriage would have been a disaster too. It would have been better for all sorts of reasons, not least their own personal happiness had Diana and Charles never wed, but Andrew and Diana wouldn't have made it either, IMHO.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 01:48:56 am »

I don't think they were interested in each other. Andrew is only a year older than Diana, so some people thought they'd be a good match because of age. They were too different and if they were childhood friends, they might have viewed each other more like cousins (care about each other, but not in "that" way) than potential spouses.
india
Princess

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 03:29:43 am »

Anybody would have been better than Cheating Charles.
sandy
Princess

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 05:36:49 pm »

They were just friends.  I doubt Diana ever had any romantic interest in Andrew and vice versa. Diana should have avoided marrying anybody in that family. Especially Charles.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 08:00:21 pm »

Just after the marriage of Diana and Charles, I read in a newspapers that Diana and Andrew DID date, but she's decided to keep herself 'tidy' for Charles in anticipation of them getting involved.

sandy
Princess

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 08:34:41 pm »

They never dated. Diana had her own circle of friends when she was in London. Unless it was a "play date" when they were children--she was invited to parties where Andrew and Edward were. There is no record whatsoever of Diana and Andrew dating. I think your source was totally wrong. No biography records Diana dating Andrew and neither of them said they dated. Pre Fergie, Andrew was serious about Koo Stark, not Diana. In Diana's Morton book, you can read about the social set and men she dated but did not get serious about. Andrew was not one of them.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 02:56:00 pm »

Looking at the body language in that photo it is obvious to see she is not keen on him  -  stiff and trying to pull  back does not tell me she had much liking for him at all.
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 08:36:54 pm »

And he's not even looking at her in a friendly way either. He's looking away from her, so he has no interest in being there either.

And Diana is holding onto the car for support, like it is a person. A kind of save me gesture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: