Royal Gossip
August 16, 2017, 06:15:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2338 times)
deGuernsey
Baroness

Failte

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2017, 10:06:13 pm »

^ Yes the flip floppers, yes and it was good to see MSNBC anchor challenging Maxine Waters on it. I was surprised at how aggressive and insistent he was during the interview... but some have legitimate complaint... I do believe there would have been a shytshow with both/either of these candidates as president.

Barnabe et Kitty...
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2017, 09:15:35 am »

The Dems put forth the worst possible candidate, for me.  I believe, and I know it's hard to grasp it for many people, but we'd be in a bigger mess with her, had she won.  It would be the same deep, toxic, backroom dealings that are entrenched in every branch of our government.  The cronyism that the Clinton/Obama people employ has been hurting this country and Comey is just one example.  Yes, it was treason but I highly doubt, with all the partisan hacks in the Justice Dept that anything will happen to him.

The sheer insane reaction from Trump winning has shown me that an upheaval was required to clear the air.  It's a messy business but it will eventually even out.  We also accomplished my one goal which is the Suoreme Court seat and we are already improving the economy and job market.  So, there are some pluses.

Yeah, Trump's noisy, crass and brash but he's also up against the most entitled, lazy and corrupt government I've ever seen in my lifetime.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2017, 02:07:49 pm »

Well stated, Yooper!    We're purging the system.    thumbsup
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2017, 02:48:16 pm »

As long as the russian investigation moves forward, Trump doesn't start a wwiii and he doesn't get re-elected I am good with the russian puppet.
windsor2
Princess

Harryite #21

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2017, 03:12:35 pm »

Trump's tantrum: President says he WON'T go ahead with state visit to UK unless he is guaranteed a rapturous welcome from the British people
President Donald Trump has called off state visits to the UK until the British people are prepared to meet him with open arms.
The commander-in-chief told UK prime minister Theresa May in a phone call that he didn't want to visit the UK if there were going to be large-scale protests against him - likely meaning his visit will be indefinitely postponed.
The call was made at some point in recent weeks, shocking the British leader an insider close to her told The Guardian.
The source said they were present in 10 Downing Street - the prime minister's official office - when the call came through.
May was the first foreign leader to visit Trump in the White House when she made an appearance in DC just seven days after his inauguration.
She extended a formal invitation from Queen Elizabeth II to Trump during that visit, and told press she was 'delighted that the president has accepted that invitation'.
But there has been very little public talk about Trump visiting the country.
Some of May's advisors told her that the offer was premature, but could not be rescinded once made.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4593318/Trump-won-t-UK-Brits-don-t-like-him.html#ixzz4jhcdoabP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Well in light of the mess the prime minister finds herself in and Trump's possible impeachment/removal from office, this visit should be cancelled.

Keep Calm and Carry On
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2017, 06:18:16 pm »

Nothing in the above article says anything about a rapturous and open armed welcome.  Rather, it said he didn't want to go if there were wide-scale protests.  Who can blame him?  Things are out of control in GB at present.   The United States President doesn't need to be insulted by people who are determined to destroy their own country.

Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2017, 09:44:05 pm »

People can protest if they want to. Trump post Paris agreement and post "you don't pay enough" Nato speech is not very liked in Europe. I don't think it's appropriate for a president to demand UK to not make protests if they want to. As much as he dreams of it - he can't censor the whole world. He can't even obstruct justice effectively in his own country...
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2017, 10:58:10 pm »

No, he is not as good an obstructionist as Hillary, I agree.    Protests are one thing, the over-the-top out-of-control behavior of the globalist/progressives is another.   Consider Berkeley where free speech is no longer allowed.   Fires, destruction of property, beatings, etc.  Same thing in GB.   Yes, Trump is looking out for the interests of the USA, not Europe.  He is president of the USA, not Europe.   I will point out that GB's prime minister came to Washington and was treated well.  There may have been some protesters about but nothing over the top.   

And did you think it was alright for the Big O to smarm his way to GB last year to lecture the Brits on Brexit and threaten that if they voted for Brexit they would find themselves at the back of the queue? 

I don't want Trump to go to GB.  Stay here.   Let them fight it out amongst themselves over there.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2017, 07:06:17 am »

I do think that Brexit is a big mistake. I don't think the UK economy can soar without the EU. If they do, I'll stay corrected but I don't think so. Obama tried to help UK realize that but they didn't listen. Now they are in a careful what you wish for situation.

I also think that a president who curtsied to the Saudi sheikh, insulted the israeli diplomats telling them that he just flew in from Middle East, tried to grab the Pope by the hand when in Rome... should not be pretentious about what the people of UK will or will not protest about when he's there. He should grow up and learn that he can't censor people overseas.

^By the way - I did not say that Trump is not as good as Hilary in obstructing justice. I did not mention Hilary at all in my post. But if we are to make comparisons - just by looking at Trump's policies (the trumpcare, the Paris agreement, the impeachment talks), I'd say he's the bigger devil / evil / antichrist (you name it).
Val
Duchess

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2017, 07:27:35 am »

Most of us here in the UK want Brexit as seen by the Referendum.  Many like Trump too and would welcome his visit.  Everyone however has different opinions which are hopefully respected.
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2017, 08:37:15 pm »

^Of course.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2017, 06:49:47 pm »

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-immigration-idUSKBN19H1OR

Trump administration US travel ban upheld by Supreme Court, 9-0.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Miss Hathaway
Countess

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2017, 07:58:22 pm »

^ Take that, Ninth Circuit!     Hi
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2017, 08:10:10 pm »

^Yes, the 9th Circuit was way off the beam.  The SC understands constitutional law, thankfully.  What's interesting with this is that, even with slight adjustments, a precedent is now in place to remind lower courts that the President and Congress have a legal obligation to follow national security advisement.

What I'm waiting to see is what will happen with the cake bakers vs the gay wedding couple.

And the State of California's travel ban for its citizens who are prohibited to biz travel to states who do not support transgender bathrooms etc.  It appears to be outside constitutional law but we'll see.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: