Royal Gossip
July 23, 2017, 05:54:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2202 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« on: January 31, 2017, 02:10:56 pm »

I thought that since the election is over, it would be a good idea to have a thread discussing Trump, discussing his policies, and general chat.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
memyselfandroyals
Countess

Good and bad things return

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 12:01:33 pm »

Good idea, KF!

The immigration issue is important to discuss. It's beyond me why he is doing such laws against human rights. WE are turning back tme  Angry

All my comments/posts are only assumptions, thoughts and belifs. I don't make affirmations about facts i don't know about.

Val
Duchess

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 12:23:39 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4178464/Royal-rebel-Amelia-s-anti-Trump-protest.html?ito=email_share_mobile-masthead

Similar comments  from DM and other forums:-

'How very kind of her to offer the empty Royal residences to refugees.  Grateful droves of refugees will  be heading there as fast as possible'.  Anmer top of the list apparently.
Rebecca
Baroness

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 01:55:58 pm »

^^Human rights don't include the right to enter any country illegally at any time you want.  I can't just go to Mexico or Canada or Europe and demand entrance, so why should anyone be allowed to do so in the US?  I am certainly sorry for those who are trying to flee bad situations, but coming here is not the answer. We need to turn back time on the horrible policies that have been in effect for the past decade. The US is in bad shape right now and we need to try to solve our own problems, rather than letting in millions more of people, many of whom will be dependent on the government for a long time. We can't just let the whole world in and pay for them too......
marion
Duchess

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 07:22:44 pm »

^^ I'm sick of the rich and privileged making such statements...They're not the ones who have to put up with an overstretched NHS or education system etc. Why don't they put some money where their oversized mouths are and actually do something.. putting some refugees up in one of their luxurious homes for starters. As you say Val, Amner's empty !!!
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 08:01:56 pm »

Info on probably the most important moment in the Trump administration, i.e., the nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to sit on the bench for the Supreme Court as announced last night.  I'm sure the information is available on this extraordinary legal mind everywhere but maybe it's helpful to understand (for those not in the US) the meanings of "originalism", "textualist" and "judicial activism".

Judge Gorsuch is a textualist and originalist, which means that he will operate precisely as to what the Constitution says as it is written, not as a living document that he or any on the SC can alter in any way.  "Judicial activists" have been known, and still are known, to use their premier privilege to push ahead personal agendas and this is a great step towards returning to the actual point of the SCOTUS which is not to make laws but to abide by the US Constitution.

This is, for me, the main and for some, the only reason that Donald Trump is now POTUS.  It's that important and the fear of what kind of judge HRC would have appointed drove a lot of fear into many many millions of people across this country.  That, among many other reasons, but this one is far-reaching for generations to come and the "moment" was now.  It will be a noisy and troubled confirmation but there is no chance that Gorsuch will not be confirmed to the SC, barring his death.

Gorsuch is only 49 y/o and, as you may know, the appointment is for Life.  We have had a vacant bench since Scalia died during the election cycle and the SC is split 4-4 so this guy is really important.  We are also facing the likelihood of two other SC justices to retire within the next year or so.  Perhaps Ginsburg and another whose name escapes me.  Can't say I'd cry a river over Justice Ginsburg's retirement.  She's 83 y/o, for starters, so her time is limited anyway.

FUN Note:  Today was a very interesting day watching the White House Press Briefing (w/Sean Spicer) and the inclusion of reporters from around the country skyp'd in and able to ask questions.  We had three.  One from Ohio, Rhode Island and, I believe, Tennessee.  No more msm teacher's pets holding court and getting the lion's share of the time.  Very refreshing and I look forward to everyone hearing other voices from across the entire country.  There is an application process and any media outlet across the United States is free to apply.  Simply go to us.gov and check it out if it applies to you.  The Trump Admin is also looking at possibly having a once-a-month Q&A with US citizens and I have to applaud that concept as well.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Tatiana
Countess

I come from a long line of Monarchists.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 07:03:10 am »

As a non US citizen I find it odd that he has not banned people from Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, when the 9/11 hijackers came from those countries and killed thousands of US citizens.  Bin Laden was also from Saudi Arabia.   He is also making friends with Erdo─čan  in Turkey, who should not be trusted by anyone.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:05:23 am by Tatiana » Logged

YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 06:47:49 pm »

^Because those countries have a governmental system in place at the moment that allow for the more extreme vetting process to be put in place and are working with the current administration to do so.  The 7 countries on the travel pause/ban/whatever were identified in the previous administration and by the current DOD and Chiefs of Staff as "watch countries".  Therefore, if time is allowed, the US will be able to put into place a much stricter form of entry.

This whole plan is under the direction of Michael Flynn, the Director of the Department of Defense and his intelligence and advisors who have confirmed the danger level of the 7 countries involved.

\\\"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.\\\"  Thomas Jefferson
Little light
Baroness

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:56 pm »

Both of the Boston bombers were refugees.

Just sayin' .....

And with friends like that, who needs enemies, right?! Sad, but true.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 03:41:12 am »

^ That is why a vetting process is needed. We need to be able to tell the difference between a refugee who is escaping a bad situation and needs help, and a "refugee" who intends to do something violent. Single, unaccompanied men between the ages of 20-40 claiming to be "refugees" look mighty suspicious. Even the younger 12-19 age group should be flagged because some were trained from birth to be terrorists.

I think the best solution is to help people in their own countries so they don't feel the need to leave. We can't just bring every poor person in the world here, too many people taking from the system and not enough people paying taxes. Families are already struggling and the more liberal states are constantly voting to create new laws and collect even more taxes. Getting money back at the beginning of the year in the form of a refund doesn't help pay month-to-month bills, it just lets people buy new shoes and make much-needed car/home repairs once a year, and finally pay off that winter heating bill. Things are only going to get worse in the coming years, the birth rate is below replacement rate, we'll be like China: too many retired people and not enough workers. Letting in thousands of refugees to collect from the system will only make things worse.

I like the idea of an immigration process where they should have money in the bank, a job lined up, and someone to sponsor them. That way they can afford to pay the deposit and first few months of rent on a place, will be generating income, and will have someone check in on them to see if they need help or to report suspicious activity. If immigrants have trouble coming up with the money to come here, maybe there can be a charity that people can donate to. But they need to have a job lined up and start working immediately so they're not collecting benefits from an already-strained system.
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 04:45:08 am »

Both of the Boston bombers were refugees.

Just sayin' .....

Where were they refugees from?
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 04:52:00 am »

Weren't they ethnic Chechnyans living in Kyrzygstan? I thought they were in US on tourist visas? I didn't know they went to US as refugees.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 04:56:40 am by deGuernsey » Logged
LadySnowWhite
royal watcher

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 04:55:55 am »

His travel ban has been blocked by the federal court. 3-0 unanimous vote against, including republican voters. 
Trump could deal with this two ways I suppose.  He could go to the supreme court, which he says he will do, which would likely take a while to get going.  Or, he could re-write the executive order to make more acceptable clarifications (ie. a ban excluding green card holders, people who do live in America that were away on holiday and can't return, etc) and have it re-instated much faster that way.

However, that would mean admitting he was incorrect on some things.

Now, he has claimed his executive order was drawn up based on an imminent national threat.  So whether he chooses to do things to proper (and faster) way, or the stubborn and long way, will show what he values more:  The safety of America, or his ego.
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 05:00:13 am »

His ego which is why he started this nonsense in the first place. An imminent  national threat based on intelligence reports from whom Kellyanne Conway, Steve Bannon, ?
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 05:20:35 am »

As of now he's running things by decree, like an autocrat.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
leogirl
Duchess

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 05:53:21 am »

This is going to be a long four years.  Lips Sealed
deGuernsey
Baroness

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 07:52:43 pm »

Now if only we can get Trump to resign for "Erosion of trust"... if only....
Ariel
Duchess

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 09:33:56 am »

My dilemma is: is this more disturbing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4225942/Report-claims-Trump-s-team-spoke-Russian-intelligence.html

or this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4224850/WH-dismisses-reports-classified-dinner-table-diplomacy.html

or perhaps the disturbing part is that there's no vonspiraxy against Trump but the truth coming out.
Stormborn
royal watcher

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 11:56:30 am »

That's what you get when you declare war on the intelligence community.
YooperModerator
Super Moderator

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 03:03:53 pm »

Regardless of your politics, regardless of how you feel about Trump's Administration, the bottom line is that the intelligence community leaking classified information to the media is a federal crime and puts us all at risk.  It's political sabotage.  Now, what countries will either feel uncomfortable speaking with the White House or completely alter their communication devices, which also puts us at risk?  And I mean all of us. 

I knew that there was corruption in our government but I never realized it was at this level.  What Flynn did, and nobody has seen the transcript, deserved a resignation if he did indeed mislead anyone in the Trump Administration, but these kind of conversations both pre and post election are nothing new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYGsadcBiFA

Was this wrong of Obama?  By Trump standards, yes.  By previous standards and my own?  No.  This is just an administration trying to do its best to find its way.  So this is blatant political posturing and quite deadly and apparently with no concern over international security and safety.  What they should have done is kept this within the halls of the administration and not allowed the entire world into this.  But, nooooo. 

The really troubling and frightening thing is that we will never ever find out who leaked this information.  And, for the record, where is the outrage over leaked debate questions from the media to the HRC campaign?  Nowhere.  Donna Brazile is still a pampered pet on CNN.  Ohhh, the media.  I trust nobody in it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: