Royal Gossip
June 27, 2017, 01:22:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Orders & Honours  (Read 3607 times)
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 07:04:22 pm »

Kate and Victoria would be nobodies if not for the men in their lives. Certainly Victoria wouldn't be as well off and Kate, we know where she would be. It's something that would in fact end up being a major deciding factor. Both also like to dictate the lives of their husbands and Kate would love to make money off of her connection if she could and certainly, I believe that she would like to have her own clothing like and enjoy the pleasures of the jet set lifestyle. I'm not surprised that Victoria wants a title of herself, so she can lord it over and be buddies with Kate. David is utterly pigheaded.

The Middletons are monarchists since one of their own is in fact a royal duchess and soon to be Princess of Wales while soon being Queen Consort.

As for HM, what on earth is she waiting for?

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
LadyVi
gossip insider

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 12:00:28 pm »

Her Majesty The Queen approved the Duchess of Cambridge membership to the Tuvalu Order of Merit
Source: Royal.uk Charities and Patronages

https://twitter.com/CepeSmith/status/845077337762938881

The comments are interesting:

Seems a bit like finding 'something' to award

have never heard of this.  seems weird.

Odd. Of all the orders to award, teeny tiny Tuvalu?! Oh dear.

Odd that no other royal has this. I've never heard of it and can't find anything except this
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2017, 01:58:31 pm »

Wowee, bit like getting a badge from the rubbish bag  laugh laugh  I consider it an insult personally.

Quick facts
Tuvalu, in the South Pacific, is an independent island nation within the British Commonwealth. Its 9 islands comprise small, thinly populated atolls and reef islands with palm-fringed beaches and WWII sites. Off Funafuti, the capital, the Funafuti Conservation Area offers calm waters for diving and snorkelling among sea turtles and tropical fish, plus several uninhabited islets sheltering sea birds.
Capital:Funafuti
Population:9,876 (2013)
GDP per capita:3,880.35 USD (2013)
Sources include:World BankWorld Bank

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tuvalu/@-7.4784202,178.6624144,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x6fc19cb959b1a04d:0x8f6754680707122e!8m2!3d-7.4784205!4d178.679924

It is to the right of Australia and in line with Papua New Guinea
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:09:28 pm by gingerboy24 » Logged
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2017, 02:07:45 pm »

Kate and William visited Tuvalu, one of the smallest nations in the Commonwealth, in Jubilee Year, when they toured Pacific nations on behalf of the Queen. I don't know if anyone can remember but they wore wreaths of flowers on their heads and were carried shoulder high on portable thrones from the airport. Tuvalu has a Governor General and he must have recommended to the Queen that Kate get this award, what for though, I couldn't say!
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2017, 02:13:36 pm »

I would be very shocked if the Governor General would recommend this to the Queen. Why did he not recommend it at the time, why 5 years down the line. IMOthat does not make sense, not at all.  Maybe had it been even one year after the visit, but not five years, that for me is stretching it a bit too far.
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2017, 02:40:10 pm »

This is a real mystery and everybody on forums is scratching their heads over it.  dontknow

However, the Prime Minister of Tuvalu only mentioned the Order of Merit this year, and the Tuvalu budget allowed £30,000 for it this year. It wasn't mentioned in their budget before this.

So, my guess is, this tiny island nation decided it must have its own award for 'contributions to Tuvalu'. Therefore the Governor General recommended this for Kate as she and William have been the only royals to visit in recent times. The Queen and Prince Philip visited years and years ago.

That's my guess and I'm sticking to it for now though I may be entirely wrong! It will be something to stick on her ball gown at court events anyway, as she hasn't got the Family Order yet.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2017, 09:13:46 am »

I think if she goes naked to any state events, it'll look worse. It's at least something and still does not signify that HM favors her at all. To be honest, Kate is frankly at a point where she must be writhing in agony that HM is still publicly sticking it to her. She's being shown by the RF that HM does not consider her to be one of the family despite the ring and title.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
HRHOlya
Countess

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2017, 11:22:11 am »

I am thinking of the very same lines. I suppose they have to give her something, anything, and well, she's getting the tiniest obscure "honour" there is to give, with little meaning and no pandering to the Cambs and rewarding their laziness and arrogance.
Val
Duchess

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2017, 05:01:44 pm »

It's one of QE's messages which says everything about her opinion of lazy, totally unsuitable Cath.
marion
Duchess

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2017, 03:58:10 pm »

^ Agree...Give her something but make it a
 worthless thing !!
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2017, 10:40:19 pm »

Well, Tuvalua, how many people have even heard of the place  -  very fitting for a walking disaster like her  easter-lol easter-lol
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 11:00:22 pm »

Kate AND Willie are to receive the highest award Tuvalu has to offer, for visiting the tiny nation. There will be an investiture, according to the Express, at which they will receive the award.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/786040/prince-william-and-kate-middleton-tuvalu-award-visit

How pathetic; a tiny order for showing up somewhere; suitable for them though.

LadyLaura
Baroness

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2017, 11:06:53 pm »

but it's the HIGHEST they have to offer  easter-lol
LadyVi
gossip insider

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2017, 03:51:16 am »

Their visit there as part of a tour of Asia and the Pacific marking the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012 produced iconic images of the royal couple - Really?

Dr Ayaz, who runs the tiny nation's consulate in Britain from a semi-detached house in Wimbledon, hopes the investiture ceremony will be held soon in a London hotel, or the Commonwealth Secretariat offices in the capital if the Commonwealth Secretary General Baroness Scotland gives permission. - Um what?? Is that normal/usual to run a consulate from a semi-detached house?

"I have written to the Queen's private secretary, Sir Christopher Geidt, asking if he will present the Duke and Duchess with the medals," he said.

The Queen approved the honour on the advice of her government ministers in Tuvalu, who made the awards on the national day, October 1, last year. But it seems nobody outside of the Royal Household noticed until this week.

This whole thing just seems a bit sketchy and all over the place.. also, if the Commonwealth Secretary General Baroness Scotland doesn't give permission does that mean W&K won't get the award? Or have I just misinterpreted that?  Embarrassed
Rosella
Duchess

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2017, 04:17:00 am »

^ Baroness Scotland, (who is Jamaican, I believe) has to give permission for the ceremony of the Investiture to take place in the Commonwealth Secretariat in London. She doesn't have the power to cancel the award altogether. It will just be held elsewhere.

The Commonwealth is quite an informal organisation. It's quite common to have consulates operating from the Consul's private house if it is a tiny member nation. Sometimes the smaller nations have space in BP.
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2017, 04:30:42 am »

The award could be given in KP, CH, St James', Windsor, BP or the Commonwealth Secretariat Offices which are in Marlborough House, one time home of Edward VII and Queen Alexandra and then Queen Mary after the death of George V.

If Baroness Scotland did say 'no' to the use of the Commonwealth Secretariat Offices then HM would simply arrange for the award to take place in one of the other appropriate places.

I read somewhere else the suggestion that this may be a public ceremony. It won't be. The best that would happen would be that there may be an official picture or two released by Tuvalu which will make it into the world's media. It would also get a mention in the CC.
Whiffy Leaks
courtier

« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2017, 10:14:21 am »

Slightly off thread but could be relevant; Baroness Scotland is not the most err respected person around. Anything endorsed by her is tainted by association. So that's two lots of fingers up.
LadyVi
gossip insider

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2017, 11:16:13 am »

^^^ @Rosella - thanks for explaining  flower
Alexandrine
Super Moderator

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2017, 02:36:47 pm »

Embassies/consulates can be anywhere. It all depends on the finances of the country. US usually has the big houses in the poshest places for ex. But smallish countries and not very rich can even use apartments.

“Three things are to be looked to in a building: that it stand on the right spot, that it be securely founded, that it be successfully executed.” ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2017, 02:44:09 pm »

Their visit there as part of a tour of Asia and the Pacific marking the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in 2012 produced iconic images of the royal couple - Really?

Dr Ayaz, who runs the tiny nation's consulate in Britain from a semi-detached house in Wimbledon, hopes the investiture ceremony will be held soon in a London hotel, or the Commonwealth Secretariat offices in the capital if the Commonwealth Secretary General Baroness Scotland gives permission. - Um what?? Is that normal/usual to run a consulate from a semi-detached house?

"I have written to the Queen's private secretary, Sir Christopher Geidt, asking if he will present the Duke and Duchess with the medals," he said.

The Queen approved the honour on the advice of her government ministers in Tuvalu, who made the awards on the national day, October 1, last year. But it seems nobody outside of the Royal Household noticed until this week.

This whole thing just seems a bit sketchy and all over the place.. also, if the Commonwealth Secretary General Baroness Scotland doesn't give permission does that mean W&K won't get the award? Or have I just misinterpreted that?

This sounds like someone is lying; no way would HM or her household not know what is going on in regards to recognition and awards.

It could very well be that Kate is in fact making official announcements with the hope that it's followed through on, a very stupid power play if true.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: