Royal Gossip
November 23, 2017, 10:51:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate's Orders & Honours  (Read 5273 times)
meememe
Duchess

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 09:15:25 pm »

There is a difference between other people and the royals with orders etc.

Diana was given the RFO in November 1981 - what had she done by then other than get pregnant with William? She didn't do that many engagements in her first year as a wife as she spent the first two months of her marriage on her honeymoon and then did a few things. She had it to wear to the State Opening of Parliament that year however - probably the reason she was given it then.

In other royal families they are given the equivalent on their wedding days.

This isn't like an honour awarded to someone in the New Year's Honours List but simply something the Queen chooses to give for services to herself when she sees fit - which can be any time she wants.

If she decides to honour Kate then that is her decision. I am surprised she hasn't already given her the RFO as Kate has had the heir and the spare, had attended a number of State events and represented HM overseas.

Like her or loathe her she should have some sort of recognition by now. Maybe during the State Visit of Mr Trump she will appear with some gong or other or maybe not but it does stand out when she is with the Queen and Camilla that she doesn't have one and that raises questions with some people as to why not.
india
Princess

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 11:00:38 pm »

She should not be rewarded for the heir and the spare. See Members Only section.
Val
Princess

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 11:37:32 pm »

^

Couldn't agree more as a large proportion of the public do. 
Kuei Fei
Princess

Moderator/I'm so royal I piss blue

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 12:12:31 am »

Let HM do it.

Over time, honors are now a joke and not taken seriously; William doesn't even bother to do investitures. HM not giving Kate one will make no difference since it will not undo the damage that Kate has done to the monarchy and yet giving her one will end up making HM look more ridiculous. Either way, HM loses. Kate has done what we thought was impossible, getting HM into an impossible, no-win situation. HM gives in, HM loses face. HM refuses, HM looks bad.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 03:26:08 pm »

HM is pathetic.
CathyJane
Duchess

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 08:17:55 pm »

When I first read the topic title, I swear I thought it said Waity gets a bong from Liz!  Tongue
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 08:30:57 pm »

:tehe laugh

Barnabe et Kitty...
kolkomilko
Duchess

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 02:49:40 pm »

^^ So did I.  laugh

Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 10:50:43 pm »

^ So did I. I'm glad I was mistaken.

I do wonder what service she has provided beyond bringing some, ah, changes, shall we say, to the institution? That said, never complain, never explain, and appearances must be maintained, so I'm not surprised...
deGuernsey
Baroness

Gra

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 02:10:37 pm »

^^^^  tehe laugh
So is the Buckleburian bimbo trying topressurise HMQ into giving her more goodies or do we know this honour is going to her? Really? Really?  Shocked I don't believe it. What I do believe is that PW wants her out.  snob

Barnabe et Kitty...
india
Princess

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 10:29:25 pm »

^There is no way Willy Boy wants to unload his a$$ kissing mattress Potato Head.
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 11:00:56 pm »

^^^^  tehe laugh
So is the Buckleburian bimbo trying topressurise HMQ into giving her more goodies or do we know this honour is going to her? Really? Really?  Shocked I don't believe it. What I do believe is that PW wants her out.  snob

I do think this is a power play by Kate against HM; Kate is lucky she hasn't had an 'accident' and frankly I believe that William might want her out of his life, but there is no way it'll happen since HM and Charles won't let William just divorce Kate and walk away scot-free. Not after all those antics and frankly it would permanently ruin William for good. The RF is deteriorating, but frankly this would permanently close the door on his reign as the Golden Prince of Windsor.

To receive regular news, go to "@gossippsychotic" to get updates from various other gossip websites such as "Downtown Chatter" or "Royal Gossip Psychotic" and end up reading all about all sorts of peccadilloes.
india
Princess

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 03:25:42 am »

^That door needs to be slammed shut in his Ugly Horse Head Petulant Face.
Val
Princess

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 08:47:11 am »

The monarchy s on a fast downward slope anyway and after QE has gone it will get even faster.
gingerboy24
Princess

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2017, 03:03:01 pm »

It was said about two years ago that she was to get a gong, not got it yet.  As others have said, believe it when I see it.  If HM is batty enough to give her a family gong can you imagine the reactions of Princess Anne for one, she is a hard worked, all council cath has done is drag the rf into the gutter and made them a laughing stock word wide.  If she awards a gong to that lazy, vile good for nothing then she will be an even bigger laughing stock world word  -  if that is possible, the worst has happened. Bring it on, give us all another laugh and realise, once again, just how weak, thick and stupid HM is that she bows down to the slapper council cath.
HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2017, 04:47:48 pm »

There's nearly every year an article that Waity will get the order, generally everyone thinks the Medds are campaigning/ pressuring the rf (Liz) to give it to her. To no avail so far. Not taking this seriously, don't think Waity'll get it anytime soon...
Sheridan_is_appalled
Baroness

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 05:21:47 pm »

Maybe we can have a two for one:  she can get her gong when David Beckham gets his knighthood.
Yes, I went there.

I haven't played since I stopped
Kuei Fei
Princess

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2017, 05:56:54 pm »

I'm utterly amazed that HM hasn't delivered a public smack-down to Kate; Kate is deliberately challenging the authority of HM since day one, but this is the worst. Can't HM just publicly downgrade her title to Baroness and at long last deliver the b***slap that Kate so richly deserves?

HRHOlya
Duchess

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2017, 09:28:24 pm »

^^ Good one!!!!  laugh Thought of a "Sir David" joke myself earlier, thanks for the chuckle  tehe thumbsup
Demeter
royal watcher

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2017, 03:16:24 am »

^^^ Posh and KM are birds of a feather, to some degree, except you know, Victoria worked when she was a Spice Girl and maintains her clothing line.

^^ I dream of an alternate universe in which HM channels some of that steel spine some of her foremothers had, and screams, "WE ARE NOT AMUSED! NO MORE!" and hauls her errant grandchildren to the carpet and throws the bloody Royal Writ at them. HM seems like such a strong lady in that she never falters, never really seems to waver in her public duties, and I have a lot of respect for the history that she recalls and the unbroken commitment to what she clearly sees as her duty. However, in this sense, she folds like a deck of cards and it is sad. It is sad to see the Queen made a mockery of by this woman, and it is sad that someone would stoop so low as to try to manipulate her, simply on the basis that she's her husband's grandmother. I suppose the Midds must be monarchists, at least in name. If they were, truly, she would not have done 89.99% of the things she has done.

I honestly just want somebody, somewhere, somehow, to say to her, "Ma'am, really, you are her monarch and this behavior is not acceptable." It wouldn't be acceptable if she were Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor on pension somewhere with a two up two down, and I just wish there was someone who would remind HM that the scepter is her gloved hands, and maybe she should whack some knuckles with it. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: